kid friendly games on steam?

john_wayne

my kid wants to play games on steam with me, but finding a kid friendly (pre-teen) games has become a larger challenge than i anticipated. To the parents out there, what games do you and your kids enjoy playing? I know that disabling all in-game voices is a must, and would have to NOT have in-game chat, or the ability to turn that off. we've worn out the wii games, which we didnt have to worry about the titles we had purchased. Specifically looking for no nudity, scant-clad skins, innuendo, foul language, horror, gore, excessive blood, or death focus. Nothing like having the pit-chief AI of the rally racer cursing at your kid..

-moved to PC gaming subforum-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1. How old are they?

2. Do you want local multiplayer or things your kid can play "with you," like play a single player game at the same time?

Some Local multiplayer suggestions:
Overcooked

Lego batman / Star Wars / all lego games are classics

Singleplayer/online:

Stardew valley

Fortnite

minecraft

terraria

(these can all have voice chat, but excluding fortnite the multiplayer with VC is all just w/ steam friends, no pub servers w/ VC)

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

dont starve together, slime rancher, subnautica, final fantasy 9, eurotruck simulator 2, hearts of iron 4, clannad, elsword, warframe, microsoft flight simulator x

4 hours ago, john_wayne said:

kid friendly games on steam? my kid wants to play games on steam with me, but finding a kid friendly (pre-teen) games has become a larger challenge than i anticipated. To the parents out there, what games do you and your kids enjoy playing? I know that disabling all in-game voices is a must, and would have to NOT have in-game chat, or the ability to turn that off. we've worn out the wii games, which we didnt have to worry about the titles we had purchased. Specifically looking for no nudity, scant-clad skins, innuendo, foul language, horror, gore, excessive blood, or death focus. Nothing like having the pit-chief AI of the rally racer cursing at your kid..

My top 10 recommendations for your situation:

• Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse

Thank me later.

Brothers: Tales of 2 Sons - the ending kinda f-ed up though.

Brawhalla - simple yet hard to master 2d fighting game, inspired by Nintendo Smash Bros.

or you can check family friendly category or steam curators.

https://store.steampowered.com/tags/en/Family+Friendly

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/28220276-With-the-Kids/

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Portal and Portal 2 are relatively kid-friendly.

The only things that make it unfriendly to younger people might be:

- Mild violence (turrets can shoot at your, with gun sounds)

- It has been a while since I played it, but there is quite a bit of dialogue.. Not foul language as far as I can remember, but there is quite a bit of sarcasm (maybe innuendo's?) in it.

The focus of the game is the puzzles, which can be done in a single or multiplayer setting. It can also be run on really any sort of PC from the last 8 years.

If you want a 2D platformer, I personally enjoyed Battleblock Theater. As a co-op game and alone.

Again, some mild cartoon violence and perhaps some sarcasm/violence/etc.

Personally I enjoyed certain racing games too, but the ones I have played/enjoyed are not readily available anymore (Dirt 3 and Grid 2).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/