What game have you spent the most time in?

The Friendly Elite
1 minute ago, greenhorn said:

Interesting, the games I have spent most time in have (for the most part) not been mentioned yet.

I spent tons of time in Age of Empires II, Settlers (2, 3 and 4), Pharaoh, Zeus and also quite some time in GTA SA and GTA IV. I cannot say how many hours since most of that gameplay happened before Steam became a thing.

I wanted to play age of empires once. It looked really hard though lol.

(Insert edgy teen quote here)

1 minute ago, The Friendly Elite said:

I wanted to play age of empires once. It looked really hard though lol.

I can recommend it, there is a HD remake on Steam and the Definitive Edition is on the way. It has a certain degree of complexity, but the campaigns are helpful (there is even an introductory campaign that explains many things) and it can be a lot of fun. There is the potential for many, many hours of gameplay. I also enjoyed playing this game with friends over LAN against AI players. Good old times :)

2 hours ago, The Friendly Elite said:

I dunno, I'd rather no battle pass or loot boxes. I would rather all the content to be available for everyone. Not just the people that opened hundreds of loot boxes or spending money on the battle pass. This way, everyone has the same amount of content (not including dlc maps of course)

Yeah. One of the reasons they added some form of micro transaction this year is because they're giving all DLC content free. Have to make up those funds somewhere. I actually like loot boxes. I enjoy getting random items that I've worked to get.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Football Manager, and its not even ****ing close

FM13 until the current FM19 so far totals about 6200 hours, and this isn't counting the earlier ones like FM10/11/12 that weren't on Steam

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

Not much of a game player, while my Steam library has about 42 games in it, all but one clocks in under 1 hour gametime.

Unturned however, I have just over 900 hours in. What can I say? It's a great timekiller (of course I've been playing since it came out in 2014 so it's sort of less than 1 hour a day)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

18 hours ago, greenhorn said:

Interesting, the games I have spent most time in have (for the most part) not been mentioned yet.

I spent tons of time in Age of Empires II, Settlers (2, 3 and 4), Pharaoh, Zeus and also quite some time in GTA SA and GTA IV. I cannot say how many hours since most of that gameplay happened before Steam became a thing.

Yeah I played a lot of AOE too back in theearly 2000's... Same with the Settlers. But I think the Civilisation games have been my biggest thing as I've played them since the first one almost 30yrs ago. I've probably racked up 10,000+ hrs in those games.

I remember once getting up on a Sunday morning and having nothing planned all day... I made myself a cup of tea and some cheese on toast, wandered into my bedroom and sat at my desk.  Fired up Civ III and began to play... this was probably around 9-10am.

The next thing I know it's about 11pm on Sunday night and half the toast is still sat cold on the plate along with 3/4 of a cup of cold tea.

11hrs... not eating, drinking or using the bathroom. It was about that time I thought I might have a gaming problem.  :)

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

Rome 2 Total War - 5000 hours apparently?! (I think I am leaving it on in the background to get that high)

CS GO

AC Odyssey 

Football manager series

the rest are quite low on steam stats but historical ones

AoE II (old and remake)

Red Alert 2

Basically every Total war game pre-warhammer

Probably CS Source, but I mostly played before steam tracked time. Maybe 2000 hours?

WoW, Halo:CE, and Tiberian Sun: Renegade also got a lot of time.

Runescape from back in the day more than likely. (5th grade - start of college) I remember looking a few years ago and I had 220 days... 0.o

From the past fews years it's Rocket League and it's not even close. Have about 1000 hours. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Phantasy Star Online episode 1 and 2, plus Blue Burst. 

Not sure how much in total across following that game from Dreamcast, Xbox, PC, and Gamecube.  But, I put it like this.  One character alone on the Gamecube, I put over 3,000 hours and that character was still only lv178 (max level on that version is lv200).  I had over 8+ characters on the Gamecube one, so yeah.

Minecraft.  Unsure, never tracked total hours.  But, played this on and off since its early Beta days.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.   Clocked somewhere over 300-400+ hours on that one.

Okami.  Played it on PS2, PS3, PS4, and PC. So probably north of 200+ hours or more.

Monster Hunter World.  Soon to be north of 200 hours on it.

Oh, Morrowind.  No clue how many hours.  But, played it on Xbox and later PC, so probably a good bit.

About the only few I really drop a lot of hours into

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Single player games:

• Super Mario 64
  • Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
  • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee
  • Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland

Multiplayer games: 

• Overwatch
  • Rainbow Six: Siege
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex Edition (yes I had a Wii then)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Mount & Blade....

I got hooked on the Viking Conquest ReForged edition for some strange reason, still play from time to time. Total time playing the franchise is at least 6 months by now.

Also Dark Souls...Probably have racked up a few good 6-8 months on playtime on that as well!

On 10/22/2019 at 7:04 PM, dizmo said:

Yeah. One of the reasons they added some form of micro transaction this year is because they're giving all DLC content free. Have to make up those funds somewhere. I actually like loot boxes. I enjoy getting random items that I've worked to get.

Oh sorry I wasn't aware of that. Still weapons that are locked behind paywalls piss me off because there will always be one or two that are just overpowered.  Seeing that you get 2 weapons for preordering the game doesn't give me much hope for them changing it.

(Insert edgy teen quote here)

5 hours ago, The Friendly Elite said:

Oh sorry I wasn't aware of that. Still weapons that are locked behind paywalls piss me off because there will always be one or two that are just overpowered.  Seeing that you get 2 weapons for preordering the game doesn't give me much hope for them changing it.

You get skins. They're not the same thing. The weapons and attachments are identical stat wise to ones already in the game, they just have a different look to them.

Even if the guns were locked, they're earnable, it's not like a mobile game where you have to pay for the loot boxes.

Also, they've stated there are no loot boxes (yet).

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I think I have over 400 hours on Skyrim and over 300 hours on Warframe.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

One of the CoDs, probably Ghosts or Advanced Warfare.

The new Modern Warfare won't even come close to overtaking either of those.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:33 AM, The Friendly Elite said:

But what game or games have you spent the most time with?

Super Mario Brothers 1, 2 and 3 on the NES

• 1 month later...

1. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (The only PC game I've played from 2002-2004)

2. Battlefield Bad Company 2

3. Gothic (1, 2, and 3)
4. Metin 2

5. Anno 1503

I haven't measured this, so I'm not sure, but Doom II is a pretty good contender. So is Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken, which I played often enough to get everyone's support conversations - twice. Well,... who knows.