Usage for old nearly smashed phone?

zindan

Hey, I am wondering if anyone knows how I can use an old nearly smashed and drowned iphone 6s. The mic is broken and calling/texting does not work. The wifi and everything works perfectly well though. The phone is extremely fast and responsive in every other way. Unbeliveably fast phone, I don't know why it is so fast. 

My question is what such a phone could be used for? I have a main phone (Iphone 7 plus). But I feel like having a device like that lying is a waste of a very fast functional device. I don't wanna sell it because I'd get so little for it. What can it be used for ? :)

Thanks. 

Just now, zindan said:

Hey, I am wondering if anyone knows how I can use an old nearly smashed and drowned iphone 6s. The mic is broken and calling/texting does

You can turn it into a security camera but I can't think of much else.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Dedicated MP3 player, possibly one you just leave in your car to play music from. Or a navigation/GPS device would work too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Streetguru said:

You can turn it into a security camera but I can't think of much else.

Really? That's kinda cool. So the charger should be in at all times? And I would need aditional software for this to be smooth right ? 

Just now, minibois said:

Dedicated MP3 player, possibly one you just leave in your car to play music from. Or a navigation/GPS device would work too.

good idea! 

1 minute ago, zindan said:

Really? That's kinda cool. So the charger should be in at all times? And I would need aditional software for this to be smooth right ? 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/alfred-home-security-camera/id966460837

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

There's software you can download where you can 'log in' and view your camera. You can also set it to record whenever it detects motion - I wish I remember the name of the software though. As far as storage space, I'm using a raspberry pi as a surveillance camera with 16gb of sd card storage. I remedy that by having the system delete anything older than 7 days.

Your old phone would also serve well as a mp3/pandora/spotify player for home speakers or your car audio system.

1 minute ago, zindan said:

Question is, can it see in the dark? Can it transfer the recording to a HDD on my pc ? 26gb on the phone isn't gonna be able to hold a lot of video time.

There's likely an auto delete function and other stuff to get the data off of it or directly into your icloud or something

Spoiler

On 10/16/2019 at 2:23 AM, huilun02 said:

You can use it as USB WiFi receiver with usb tethering enabled

USB wifi reciever? I have no idea what that means.