help/input on my new pc

Welcome to the LTT forums! What kinds of workloads are you dealing with? Because unless you are constantly dealing with large files for work or something, generally speaking you will likely notice the downgrade from a 3700x to a 3600x much more than the downgrade from an SSD to an HDD for a mass storage drive, thereby I recommend grabbing this 120GB SSD for your boot drive and this 2TB HDD for your mass storage drive (or here is an option for a 3TB HDD).

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Hi,

You don't need x570 for Ryzen 3600. You can just buy a good B450 motherboard, examples from MSI (best boards for ryzen):

B450-A Pro MAX

B450 Tomahawk MAX

B450 Bazooka MAX

You can also buy a non-MAX but then you will need to update bios prior to CPU installment (boards have functionality of flashing BIOS without CPU).

Ryzen 5 3600 || Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2060 Super || B450A-PRO || G.SKILL Ripjaws 3200MHz CL15 2x8GB

thx for the responses & welcome

current build is a 3570k with a gtx1080 and 240ssd/2tb combo(power supp is from the era of 3570k worth replacing or keep going?)

I have a tendensy to never close a tab until im done browsing or im going to play more demanding game than the couple of idle games running in the back.

gta online is prob the most demanding game that i play currently.
i sometimes do 3d modeling but its been a while.

just wondering if the jump 3600 240$ to a 3700x 390$us  is worth the amount of cash but i see your point about that money might be better spent here than the ssd.
just seems like a big jump for small gains on the face of it.

i allrdy have a ssd 240gb and hdd 2tb combo that im gona port to the new build
x570 was abit of jump from my normal train of thought on motherboards.. cheap is good .. the few limp reasons i have for choosing this one is the 2x m.2nvme and the pcie4.0 (rarely gona use it i think but the wifi is nice).

the ram just had a nice price for rgb 3600mhz
cpu fan chose a big one so it can just idle and be quiet.

all this was thought as a step build... replace the gpu later hense the pcie4 and mby up the cpu and add another m.2nvme.
Good or bad tactic? would it be better just to go all out now and next time do a build from the ground up?
ex
3700x - 75$ to up to 3800x worth it?
b450 or should i up now that i went 3700x?
2tb 660p - open to thoughts on splurging on samsung 970

Thx again for the input.. been a while since ive done a build