First Gaming Build, opinions please

Shah Pappu
Go to solution Solved by nextg3n,
17 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

You can use PCParticker for India.

The 1st bottleneck will be to have a single channel ram instead of dual channel.

This PSU is also pretty bad you should aim for a Corsair CXM.

i agree, id rather cheapout on the case than the psu...  

Hey so I’m looking to build a PC. This is my first time building one and I’m a bit weak on understanding bottlenecks. This PC will mainly be used for Gaming (occasional streaming), 3-D designing, AR/VR applications and studies-related work. I live in Mumbai, India and all prices mentioned will be in Indian Rupees (INR) from Amazon. Also, buying from other websites apart from Amazon and maybe Newegg is too sketchy in India therefore the only part I am RISKING to buy is the CPU (from M D Computer) because they are the only website currently selling this CPU in India (if it will be sold on Amazon by the time you’re reading this post, then I will be ready to pay a higher price on Amazon but will not buy from this particular site). My budget is of INR 60000 (nothing above that) and this budget does not include other peripherals/softwares. In terms of USD (adjusted for extra taxes posed in India for such PC products) the budget will be of about $750-$775. I have and will be using a 24 inch 1440p 120hz 4ms display and I'd prefer having a completely black color scheme on the components. Also, cases in India seem to be relatively expensive so compromising on quality with that would not matter a lot to me except for that it should be black and have decent cable management area.

There are many sketchy btech companies in India which cannot be trusted and risking it with something important wouldn’t be worth it. Therefore, I will only consider reputable brands.

Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500 (INR 11500)

Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 ti Twin Fan 6gb GDDR6 (INR 24100)

Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO M2 V2 m-ATX AM4 (INR 6500)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000MHz C16 (INR 6300) (didn't opt for 8x2 because the motherboard only has 2 RAM slots)

Storage: WD Green 120GB 2.5 inch SATA III Internal SSD (INR 1700)

WD Blue 1 TB HDD 7200RPM (INR 3200)

PSU: Corsair VS550 550W Active PFC 80 Plus Power Supply (INR 3500)

Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-05 mid-tower gaming case (INR 3200)

Total Price: INR 60000 (precise lol)

P.S I know that the Ryzen 5 3500 hasn’t been released officially but for a comparison stand point, I’ll list out the statistics I used for comparison to other processors (as per what has been leaked/released by other retailers).

AMD Ryzen 5 3500 – INR 11500

• 6 cores 6 threads (No SMT)

• 3.6GHz base clock, 4.1 or 4.2GHz boost clock (most likely 4.1)

• 65W TDP

• 16MB L3 Cache

• 3200 MHz

• PCIe Lanes (Gen 4): 40

• Comes included with a wraith stealth cooler

I hope to receive your feedback and suggestions on areas I could improve in or things I should swap out in the build. especially with any major bottlenecks in the build.

13 minutes ago, Shah Pappu said:

Hey so I’m looking to build a PC. This is my first time building one and I’m a bit weak on understanding bottlenecks. This PC will mainly be used for Gaming (occasional streaming), 3-D designing, AR/VR applications and studies-related work. I live in Mumbai, India and all prices mentioned will be in Indian Rupees (INR) from Amazon. Also, buying from other websites apart from Amazon and maybe Newegg is too sketchy in India therefore the only part I am RISKING to buy is the CPU (from M D Computer) because they are the only website currently selling this CPU in India (if it will be sold on Amazon by the time you’re reading this post, then I will be ready to pay a higher price on Amazon but will not buy from this particular site). My budget is of INR 60000 (nothing above that) and this budget does not include other peripherals/softwares. In terms of USD (adjusted for extra taxes posed in India for such PC products) the budget will be of about $750-$775. I have and will be using a 24 inch 1440p 120hz 4ms display and I'd prefer having a completely black color scheme on the components. Also, cases in India seem to be relatively expensive so compromising on quality with that would not matter a lot to me except for that it should be black and have decent cable management area.

There are many sketchy btech companies in India which cannot be trusted and risking it with something important wouldn’t be worth it. Therefore, I will only consider reputable brands.

Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500 (INR 11500)

Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 ti Twin Fan 6gb GDDR6 (INR 24100)

Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO M2 V2 m-ATX AM4 (INR 6500)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000MHz C16 (INR 6300) (didn't opt for 8x2 because the motherboard only has 2 RAM slots)

Storage: WD Green 120GB 2.5 inch SATA III Internal SSD (INR 1700)

WD Blue 1 TB HDD 7200RPM (INR 3200)

PSU: Corsair VS550 550W Active PFC 80 Plus Power Supply (INR 3500)

Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-05 mid-tower gaming case (INR 3200)

Total Price: INR 60000 (precise lol)

P.S I know that the Ryzen 5 3500 hasn’t been released officially but for a comparison stand point, I’ll list out the statistics I used for comparison to other processors (as per what has been leaked/released by other retailers).

AMD Ryzen 5 3500 – INR 11500

• 6 cores 6 threads (No SMT)

• 3.6GHz base clock, 4.1 or 4.2GHz boost clock (most likely 4.1)

• 65W TDP

• 16MB L3 Cache

• 3200 MHz

• PCIe Lanes (Gen 4): 40

• Comes included with a wraith stealth cooler

I hope to receive your feedback and suggestions on areas I could improve in or things I should swap out in the build. especially with any major bottlenecks in the build.

The 1st bottleneck will be to have a single channel ram instead of dual channel.

17 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

i agree, id rather cheapout on the case than the psu...  

Some EU input to Canadian IT :D 

2 hours ago, Plouffe said:

Thanks for the advice? I'll look out for the CXM or another Power Supply 

Having single channel ram won't bottleneck the PC by a large amount though won't it? I'm doing this purely to keep space for a future upgrade though if you think it isn't worth it then Im happy to change my choice.

14 minutes ago, Shah Pappu said:

Thanks for the advice? I'll look out for the CXM or another Power Supply 

Having single channel ram won't bottleneck the PC by a large amount though won't it? I'm doing this purely to keep space for a future upgrade though if you think it isn't worth it then Im happy to change my choice.

For the near future 16Gb will be enough so I'd go 2x8 for dual channel. You could upgrade for 2x16 in a few months by selling your 2x8 kit.

Most games will be better with dual channel :)

2 hours ago, Plouffe said:

For the near future 16Gb will be enough so I'd go 2x8 for dual channel. You could upgrade for 2x16 in a few months by selling your 2x8 kit.

Most games will be better with dual channel :)

I'll take your word for it... Thanks a lot :)