i7 4770K bottleneck for GTX 780Ti?

no way 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

no i'm pretty sure it wouldn't even bottleneck four of them but i might be wrong

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Yes, it could bottleneck them

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Even if it does...you don't really have a more powerful option on the 1150 chipset anyway.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

No, not at all. 

Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.1 GHz and 1.120 V | Stock Cooler <--- This will change soon. | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 | EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB ACX Superclocked | Crucial M4 128 GB Solid State Drive | Western Digital WD Blue 500 GB Hard Disk Drive | Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower Case | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard | Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze Power Supply | HP 24x DVD Burner | LG 24x DVD Burner | Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard | Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse | Rocketfish Gaming Mousepad | Samsung SyncMaster S27B350 27" Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Speaker System | Turtle Beach PX21 Headset | 

Currently I'm running a 3770k with a GTX 780ti and there is absolutely no bottlenecking. I'm sure that you could even be fine with two 780's; so in short no worries!

That processor at stock speeds will not bottleneck even two of those cards so don't worry about it. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Depends on the games. Eg I have like 30 fps in lots of mmo/rpg games in a zone where it's full of people or in combat. You will be plagued with bottlenecks that's just how it is.

3930K:

No 4770k cannot bottleneck 780Ti in almost any game.

It does. See above. You will always somehow see a bottleneck, isn't going to change. RTS/mmo's are cpu limited and you get usually 20-30 fps in combat fights so yes it bottlenecks it. 

It does. See above. You will always somehow see a bottleneck, isn't going to change. RTS/mmo's are cpu limited and you get usually 20-30 fps in combat fights so yes it bottlenecks it. 

that is not a bottleneck. A bottleneck is when one component prevents another from being utilized to its full potential. The way a game is programed to use assets has nothing to do with components bottle-necking eachother.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

that is not a bottleneck. A bottleneck is when one component prevents another from being utilized to its full potential. The way a game is programed to use assets has nothing to do with components bottle-necking eachother.

It is a bottleneck. The gpu loads were average 30% because the CPU couldnt keep up. CPU's just instruct your GPU how it should render a frame if it's too slow then your GPU will just wait and sit most of the time at low gpu loads.

It is a bottleneck. The gpu loads were average 30% because the CPU couldnt keep up. CPU's just instruct your GPU how it should render a frame if it's too slow then your GPU will just wait and sit most of the time at low gpu loads.

again, the way a game is coded has nothing to do with a system having a bottleneck or not. Run a program that will load up both the gpu and cpu to their full potential and see which one is slowing down. That is how you find a bottlneck. What you are talikng about is a completely different from a bottleneck.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Try playing bf4 on minimum settings 800x600 with a 780 Ti, you WILL experience bottlenecking from the 4770K.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

again, the way a game is coded has nothing to do with a system having a bottleneck or not. Run a program that will load up both the gpu and cpu to their full potential and see which one is slowing down. That is how you find a bottlneck. What you are talikng about is a completely different from a bottleneck.

Stop this nonsense please. If the GPU is below 99% (with no vsync) the CPU bottlenecks. If GPU sits at 99% you get nice fps be happy - if you get shitty fps at 99% upgrade gpu. Theres no other cpu bottleneck indicator other than the GPU load. Years ago the cpu load meant a lot because we've only had single cores but again even if your CPU sits at 100% and if your gpu even sits at 99% (which is very rare) you don't have a cpu bottleneck.

That video I provided pretty much proves it, compare that 99% load with another scene where it was 20%.

Stop this nonsense please. If the GPU is below 99% (with no vsync) the CPU bottlenecks. If GPU sits at 99% you get nice fps be happy - if you get shitty fps at 99% upgrade gpu. Theres no other cpu bottleneck indicator other than the GPU load. Years ago the cpu load meant a lot because we've only had single cores but again even if your CPU sits at 100% and if your gpu even sits at 99% (which is very rare) you don't have a cpu bottleneck.

That video I provided pretty much proves it, compare that 99% load with another scene where it was 20%.

While I do agree with your point, there is one more bottleneck to consider: an API bottleneck. If I launch Euro Truck Sim in OpenGL, I usually only see around 60% gpu usage, and two of my cpu cores are at 40% load each.

hardware bottlenecks are static. If you can get 100% cpu usage and 100% gpu usage while running programs like furmark aida64 side by side, you dont have a hardware bottleneck. If you get different results from running a test like that compared to playing an rts, the problem is in the way the game was programed to use the pc's assets.

While I do agree with your point, there is one more bottleneck to consider: an API bottleneck. If I launch Euro Truck Sim in OpenGL, I usually only see around 60% gpu usage, and two of my cpu cores are at 40% load each.

Yes a better API could improve the CPU performance massively like Mantle does in Star swarm its nearly 100%.

hardware bottlenecks are static. If you can get 100% cpu usage and 100% gpu usage while running programs like furmark aida64 side by side, you dont have a hardware bottleneck. If you get different results from running a test like that compared to playing an rts, the problem is in the way the game was programed to use the pc's assets.

RPG/mmo games are limited because their instructions are fairly simple and to calculate a crit orsomething is a single instruction that only can be executed on 1 core. You cant let 2 cores calculate 22/7 even if you do its pointless because both cores would come with the same result after the same time so there wouldn't be any performance gain. An example is just Superpi, only 1 core can be used.

You can't get 99% load on the gpu when running prime95 because the CPU is running out of it's resources to provide the GPU enough information to continue. 

When running prime95+unigine heaven 40%/40%

fRybSs0.jpg

When not running prime95 95%/95%:

IC1fRJp.jpg

I don't think I saw the cpu break 62% utilization and most of the time it was under 40%. During the slow sequence the cpu was running under 25%. That means that 75% of the cpu was NOT BEING USED! A cpu at less than 95% utilization is not causing a bottleneck. The culprits are programmers who don't do their job properly.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.