Mighty Mouse sleeper pc (for my 8yo)

john_wayne

It's not a knock your socks off rig, but a max out of what we started with, an education project, and my kid hasn't taken an interest in gaming on steam yet.
Hp 505B MT (Narra6 mobo)
Athlon II x4 645 3.1Ghz
8gb (2x4) DDR3 1333Mhz (HP bios shows 0, but windows and memtest86+ find it all)
Asus GTX 750Ti 2gb GDDR5 [Aliexpress.. VGA, Hdmi, DVI] (had to cut down shroud) [mV +31, limit 100%, Core Clock +201, Memory Clock +200]
Kingston V300 120gb ssd [boot]
Toshiba 2.5" 1TB 5400rpm 128MB 7mm sata III [storage]
WD 3.5" 1TB 5400rpm 64MB sata III [local net share]
TP-link Gigabit PCIe Network card
StarTech 5.1 PCI Surround Sound
Mailiya PCIe USB 3.0 2+2 card (upgraded front usb to 3.0)
HP 15-in-1 multi-card reader (custom front mount)
Evga 450 BT power supply
ZEXMTE USB Bluetooth 4.0 CSR
MPOW 059 Bluetooth headset
Logitech HD C270
HP DH16AAL lightscribe dvd-rw
Windows 10 Pro
CoolerMaster Fans

Toshiba 46" Regza TV

Looks bone-stock from the front/top/sides (other than the usb3.0 blue ports, and the little area of black paint i did to cover where i accidentally scarred the gloss front while cutting-in the card reader.

The fans rarely ramp up to audible levels, the machine's day job is ingest station, local network share, ftp server for printer's scanners, and netflix. Proof you don't have to break the bank for HTPC, data handling, and casual gaming (non-ultra settings).

Plays MarioKart Wii via Dolphin (I own the Wii and the disc) with WiiMote, and Minecraft each very well.

Let me know what you think. Suggestions for a next tweak?

For an 8 year old, it has what it needs, and most importantly, it's got a boot SSD.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad