Is RTX a real value add?

KlipGans

I'm looking to build a new PC soon and am looking at getting either a RTX 2060 SUPER or an AMD Radeon RX5700XT which come down to basically the same price here in South Africa. 
I understand that the 5700XT has more processing power & higher FPS in games at the moment, but what would the benefits of going with nVidia be? 

I love using GeForce Experience at the moment for automatic setting adjustment for games. I do some occasional video editing as well, would there be a benefit here? 

When gaming I'm not too worried about getting the most extreme framerates and I like the idea of sacrificing some FPS for better looks to be honest.

What would you pick? Do you think the RTX2060 Super is a true competitor of the RX5700XT? Would I truly be better off with the 5700XT?

EDIT: Does taking the stock cooler of the RX5700XT have a real affect on performance if I were to go that route?

Thanks already!

If this helps any, here are the GPUs I'm considering:

• Palit GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GP OC

• Palit GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER JS

• XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT

• XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT THICC II

7 minutes ago, ERK32 said:

I love using GeForce Experience at the moment for automatic setting adjustment for games

this feature is also available on radeon.

7 minutes ago, ERK32 said:

Does taking the stock cooler of the RX5700XT have a real affect on performance if I were to go that route?

not performance but noise, and when you can get a better cooler for hardly any extra cost, it's usually not worth it. Although, the thicc II you mentioned is not so good.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The Thicc II is not a good choice if you are going the Radeon route.

The GPUs trade blows in terms of performance, and the RTX feature suite arguably adds very little value, so I'd  go with whatever you can get a good card with for a lower price, unless one performs better in a game you care about.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

I was in a similar boat as well, my 1070 died and I've been looking to upgrade. After some debating with myself, I decided to with the 5700xt

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

this feature is also available on radeon.

Awesome, I was not aware of this. Thanks for letting me know!

14 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

not performance but noise, and when you can get a better cooler for hardly any extra cost, it's usually not worth it. Although, the thicc II you mentioned is not so good

Ah, okay, pricing here allows me to only consider the two I mentioned, so if I went with the RX card it would be the stock cooler.

12 minutes ago, StevieG said:

The Thicc II is not a good choice if you are going the Radeon route.

Yeah, I'd seen this video too! One of the main reasons for me looking for more opinions.

9 minutes ago, StevieG said:

as in a similar boat as well, my 1070 died and I've been looking to upgrade. After some debating with myself, I decided to with the 5700xt

Do you not miss any of the features nvidia offers (As far as I understand video transcode on RX is quite weak in comparison, and for that matter driver issues seem more problematic on RX - do you agree?)

15 minutes ago, ERK32 said:

Do you not miss any of the features nvidia offers (As far as I understand video transcode on RX is quite weak in comparison, and for that matter driver issues seem more problematic on RX - do you agree?)

Not really if I'm honest, Radeon Relive is pretty comparable to Shadowplay. ( I know they have other features such as NVENC but I never used it )  Unfortunately, I can't speak much for video transcoding as I've only dabbled in it and haven't done any serious video editing. As for driver issues, those were mostly early adopter issues and AMD have ironed them out.