What other hobbies do you enjoy?

SaviorSix

We're all here on a tech forum, so it's safe to assume that we're all interested in technology and/or gaming, but what do you enjoy outside those things?

Personally, I enjoy building models. I really like the Bandai Star Wars kits. I like ships and planes. Hiking, mountain biking, graphic design, and photography take up my other activities. I like the outdoors, especially where I live. I didn't really get to enjoy it until recently.

graphic design, robotics

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Was looking to get into beat making for hip hop and edm beats. looking into the best digital audio workstations. 

I've just picked up a Lego Star Wars Super Star Destroyer kit... except it's not called Lego and it's not called Star Wars.  It's a cheap Chinese copy but is identical to the old (no longer available) Lego kit.

So far I've put about 12-13hrs into it and about 60% done... Only 1 missing piece so far.. but a few extras on other parts.

Given that the original Lego kit was around £350-400 in the UK and I paid £110 for mine... It's got me back into a hobby I'd always wanted to do, but could never afford as I had other hobbies that took my money (cars/computers mostly) and then bought a house so was basically skint for 9yrs after the crash of 08.

But now I have spare cash and can save plenty and still afford some boys toys... I'm gonna start buying one every now and again. I'm an engineer at heart and trained in that field when I left school, but ended up in the tech industry... So anything to do with building and constructing things interests me.  It's why I've designed plans for my own house should I ever be able to afford to buy some land overlooking hills/mountains/water and very little in the way of neighbours.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

If I'm not gaming I'm either on my motorcycle or going to the track to either drag race or track race one of my cars. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Besides gaming I like anime, vaporwave graphic design, watching films, and modes of transformation ex: one wheel motorbikes and cars.

On 10/5/2019 at 3:07 PM, SaviorSix said:

Personally, I enjoy building models. I really like the Bandai Star Wars kits. I like ships and planes.

spacer.png

I kinda got into freestyle drones, but haven't used them in a while.

I finished my Super Star Destroyer kit yesterday, already ordered a Y-Wing. I've had some extra cash as the insurance on my totalled car came through and they paid out what I wanted which was £500 more than what the replacement car has cost me... and I still have another £350 to come back. Given that the replacement car has only cost me £240 in immediate maintenance as I was able to transfer a load of parts from the old car to upgrade the new one. (same car, even the same colour, but a year newer and 25% fewer miles on it and cost £300 less to buy than the old one did 9 months ago).  So the value of the new one is about £1000 more.  Thankfully I got it from another Honda enthusiast who's looked after it.

So I've used some of that extra money to buy these, and I still have another £150 in birthday money to blow on toys and I'm gonna combine that with any money I get for xmas to buy a butt load more kits in the new year. I feel like having an X-Wing, B-Wing, Snow Speeder, Tie Fighter and perhaps the Tantive IV or a regular Star Destroyer.

I'm gonna need more shelves in my office.

304279896_2019-10-0617_49_58.thumb.jpg.ec414d70c54c9e4ff95beae6c1770ccb.jpg520195327_2019-10-0617_50_17.thumb.jpg.09e720be0d5b545ae0c1da662adb8a87.jpg912611301_2019-10-0617_50_09.thumb.jpg.19f910ab356f13d1478fdb16cdb0ef62.jpg566437728_2019-10-0617_50_52.thumb.jpg.027de625cca7c5a0ca8fb7c14b4a2ae3.jpg617588909_2019-10-0617_51_03.thumb.jpg.8b9960bcabcbfa392431b2353523d561.jpg188407210_2019-10-0617_51_38.thumb.jpg.a72ff0cb915b0448270caaa25f86d4db.jpg

2019-10-06 17.50.38.jpg

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

Reading, Trekking, Aikido, Tai Chi, and another one that is more "old style"... ^o^

20 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

I finished my Super Star Destroyer kit yesterday

That looks incredible, I'd love to do something similar but no space for them unfortunately

6 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

That looks incredible, I'd love to do something similar but no space for them unfortunately

If you're quoting a post with images, remove them from your post. Keeps the thread neat and tidy.

My other hobby is backseat moderating.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I've been doing amateur gunsmithing for a couple years now. Been working on an AK-47 for the last month and just picked up an AR-15 yesterday I'm going to be doing some mods on.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Guitar, electronic music production and am just getting back into scale modelling with Airfix kits etc, fighter planes, armour and ships and stuff but I suck at it. Still need to get an airbrush with a compressor. I'd also like to some day get into aqua scaping (organic aquariums)

Check out these youtube channels for a hobby idea for yourself maybe: 

^these guys are masters and real artists.. also, I think Jason jayz2cents is kind of into scale modelling ships etc too, he put some of those weathering and decal skills to good use for that external rad mount case mod he did for his friend not too long ago.

Airbrush/spray painting is a very cool trick to mask ugly ketchup/mustard cabling, useful skill for PC enthusiasts. 

6 hours ago, strat guy said:

Guitar, electronic music production and am just getting back into scale modelling with Airfix kits etc, fighter planes, armour and ships and stuff but I suck at it. Still need to get an airbrush with a compressor. I'd also like to some day get into aqua scaping (organic aquariums)

Check out these youtube channels for a hobby idea for yourself maybe: 

^these guys are masters and real artists.. also, I think Jason jayz2cents is kind of into scale modelling ships etc too, he put some of those weathering and decal skills to good use for that external rad mount case mod he did for his friend not too long ago.

Airbrush/spray painting is a very cool trick to mask ugly ketchup/mustard cabling, useful skill for PC enthusiasts. 

I would love to do something like this:

And I already got the kit for this:

Cars. I love working on my car, and seeing other people's cars.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Well, besides just playing games, I love collecting them.  It's a reason I still have consoles and I just bought a PS4, it's the reason I haven't fully moved over to just PC.

I like to collect games, I want to have a physical copy.  It doesn't have to be CIB, just a physical disk or cartridge.  It's why I'm okay with GameStop doing those generic cases with a title on it.

I love to shoot guns.  I love to collect firearms and shoot them.  Guns are a passion and a hobby of mine

Drawing.  I recently got back into it after years long hiatus.  I'm not great, and it's not my main/favorite hobby, but I enjoy it regardless.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Outside of tech and gaming, I love digging through the depths of game files and seeing if anything went unused.

I also enjoy collecting and preserving VHS tapes (and more specifically, their openings and closings if applicable). I own ~220 tapes and counting, duplicates included.

I also enjoy doing cover art scans. Case in point:

EcNAz.jpg

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 hours ago, SaviorSix said:

That is so amazing!

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

16 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

If you're quoting a post with images, remove them from your post. Keeps the thread neat and tidy.

My other hobby is backseat moderating.

Sorry, fixed it xD

15 hours ago, SaviorSix said:

And I already got the kit for this:

wow, those underwater city blocks look cool AF.

check this guy out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb2b9f9LAWw