As an 18 year old, best way to earn? STOCKS, TRADING, BETTING, ? Start young :D

WolfLoverPro

Right so I’ve read about forex bitcoin stock this that the other and I just don’t know which to go with if any 

Now apparently some trading requires reasonably 6k to be safe? Or to just make a profit 

Now I don’t gave a job yes, but I am making money but realistically I could only save up 1k to use then make or loose it 

I get to make money safe you want to do Somthing that takes time so like putting your money into Somthing that builds up over time but idk what tho. 

Any ideas? 

Things I heard of 

Forex 
Stocks trading 
Betting 
Spread bets etc

what you should do is buy a newspaper that has a business and finance section and look for the funds, they will take the money you give them and will have options for risk, often 20-100% equities meaning the higher the equities the more risk you take and could loose money on. 

with 1k you will not see much in the way of return because in the big picture its not a lot of money.

or your could day trade for you buy and sell stocks/shares by the minute, this is very high risk and is the reason why the people who do it are so well paid.  almost guaranteed you will loose your money on this one.

betting imo is not woth it.

if your investing its better to spread out your investments in some cases.

This is information I have gained and will be seen as advice. what you do with your money is your choice and the losses you may incur are of your own volition.

good luck 

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

1 hour ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Right so I’ve read about forex bitcoin stock this that the other and I just don’t know which to go with if any 

Now apparently some trading requires reasonably 6k to be safe? Or to just make a profit 

Now I don’t gave a job yes, but I am making money but realistically I could only save up 1k to use then make or loose it 

I get to make money safe you want to do Somthing that takes time so like putting your money into Somthing that builds up over time but idk what tho. 

Any ideas? 

Things I heard of 

Forex 
Stocks trading 
Betting 
Spread bets etc

Getting a job and not spending your money is a good start

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I've made a lot more money working full time than any other foray. At a young age it builds character and commitment. 

Although at 18 I was lazy so I just sold some of my old stuff and made enough money for a good summer before I went to university. Gosh that was a long time ago now. Then again 5 years is a lot shorter for other people on the forum. 

Find a job you're good at. Put your money in a 401k. If you got extra money, put it in savings. Unless you have a really good idea, or a lot of money to start with, you have to start from the ground up.

This is a simple question with complex answers and missing information up front. What is your time scale? What is your target fund?

My goals were...

1) Pay off the house as quickly as comfortably possible.

2) Be able to meet the bills after retirement

3) Have a boiler fund for emergencies and breakdowns

4) Be able to buy myself a new car when I retire to see my last years out

Pensions - these have to invest themselves in order to pay out over the longer term. Many invest in other markets in order to make the money to give back to you when you retire. Is your pension fund underwritten?

Savings - Interest rates are low, so getting interest on money stashed right now is not good. However, they are usually among the safest way to salt money away. In the UK, the government underwrites £85,000 per saver, per "business group" that goes bust. Different countries offer different levels, so if using a savings account, is it underwritten by your government if the bank goes bust?

Bonds - maturity rates of various amounts over various times. No one knows what's going to happen, but even though I'm in the UK I watch Nightly Business Report to keep abreast of what's happening.

401k - not all are created equal. Do research - https://www.investopedia.com/articles/retirement/11/6-problems-with-401k-plans.asp - https://www.thestreet.com/retirement/401k/im-still-worried-about-my-401k-in-this-market-part-2-14741347 As Acid Panda said, £1K is not a lot of money.

Be active with your investments and keep an eye on the markets and world stage.

Personally, the only shares I have are by accident. (long story) My pension is underwritten by the government and will pay my everyday bills, if I work to the target age. Money comes out of my wages every month before I see it, and goes into a savings account which is also backed up by government guarantee. (Save As You Earn) That's my "boiler fund," for whenever anything unexpected happens. The house should be paid off by the time I'm 60 and I'll have a few years to put the "mortgage payments" into a separate account for a new car when I retire. Even though the UK does have a "premium bond" with prizes every month, you've got to have serious money in that to stand a chance of even getting the minimum prize, so I don't bother with it.

As long as I am able to stay in employment and good health for the next two decades, I'll be sorted.

3 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Any ideas? 

Things I heard of 

Forex 
Stocks trading 
Betting 
Spread bets etc

Choose wisely,

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/ or https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

3 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Any ideas? 

Things I heard of 

Forex 
Stocks trading 
Betting 
Spread bets etc

Don't gamble - that's an idiotic way to make money.

Stock trading is a good way to make passive investment. Don't play the markets, you'll lose more often than you'll win - plus, no offense, I doubt you have the patience to play the market properly.

What you should do is start investing young. Invest in a balanced portfolio - either an ETF (Exchange traded fund), or a well balanced manual selection. Start with recurring payments, and for god's sake, when the market dips, DON'T FUCKING PANIC AND SELL EVERYTHING! Statistically speaking, people who hold the course rather than sell and re-buy later, end up in a better position after a year or two.

Don't touch Cryptocoins or anything of that nature unless it's with money you can afford to lose entirely.

EDIT: You want to earn money? You want to trade stocks?

Get a job. A regular, boring, old, job. Whatever it is, bagging groceries, working at Best Buy or Walmart, pumping gas, working in a factory, fast food - doesn't matter. Get a job. Once you have a job, it'll be easier to get a better job later on.

So now you have a job? Great. Now you can start taking a bit of that money and buying stocks, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

With a job. Why everyone thinks you can just throw money at something and in max 6 months time you'll be rolling around in latest BMW or Tesla? Shit basically never works that way. And I know more people who got burned by such investments and got into horrible debts than getting the BMW or Tesla... Just a friendly advice. People who do such risky investments are the kinds who have 100.000 bucks literally to piss away and they at least know the detailed basics if not anything else. If you have to take any kind of loan to do the investments of such sort or take long time savings from your piggy bank, you're doing it wrong. Or in other words, you shouldn't be doing it at all.

Rainy day fund before investments.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Invest and sell lemonade. First a stand, then a small shop, then a larger shop, then a chain of large shops, then franchasing and next step is IPO. 

Then... Aim for world domination? Maybe try controlling world governments behind the scenes, idk. Evil corporation is always awesome. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Betting is never in your favor. 

You're starting dumb, from scratch, the chances of that working out is slim.

A grand isn't a lot. If you're not going to university, I'd stick the money in to training. Depends what you want to do career wise of course. 

It looks like we're heading into a global recession, so I wouldn't get in to shares/stocks right now. Maybe in 18 - 24 months when things have bottomed out?

Get a consistent job with many hours. Don’t spend your money-save it. 

After you have at least $1k saved, you may allow yourself to take 1/4 of your new paychecks to put into your spending budget. 

Have at it with the 1/4 a week & realising hours & not spending money is a great way to make money. 

Stocks....be in it for the long haul and dont throw all your eggs in onr stock. A great stock portfolio makes up many companies from different industries. 

Like someone else said if things go down. Dont sell, stick it out. 

17 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

Stocks....be in it for the long haul and dont throw all your eggs in onr stock. A great stock portfolio makes up many companies from different industries. 

Like someone else said if things go down. Dont sell, stick it out. 

Agreed - also choose at least a portion of stocks that have excellent history as being "dividend" stocks - they don't tend to grow stock-price wise as aggressively as some others, but you get consistent dividend payouts.

Example: Coca-Cola (USD), Manulife Financial (CAD), Cineplex Entertainment (CAD), etc.

A company that has a long history, strong current performance, and no signs of going anywhere, that also pays dividends is a great way to make passive income over the long term.

I have very limited direct stock investments (under $1000) and every month or two I end up getting anywhere from $0.50 to $2.00 CAD in dividends.

However, make sure something happens with those dividends - in my direct stock trading account, they just get dropped into the account as cash and then just sits there (not earning interest), and they're too small figures to get re-invested into new stocks (ones that I care about, anyway). An ETF would auto-reinvest the dividends using fractional shares (they buy a share in "bulk" and split it among many of their clients).

In my case, I simply withdraw the small dividend payments and something else with them (put them into a High Interest savings account, etc). And then once I've accumulated enough to buy some more stocks, I can do so, if I want.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 10/5/2019 at 4:19 PM, msknight said:

This is a simple question with complex answers and missing information up front. What is your time scale? What is your target fund?

My goals were...

1) Pay off the house as quickly as comfortably possible.

2) Be able to meet the bills after retirement

3) Have a boiler fund for emergencies and breakdowns

4) Be able to buy myself a new car when I retire to see my last years out

Pensions - these have to invest themselves in order to pay out over the longer term. Many invest in other markets in order to make the money to give back to you when you retire. Is your pension fund underwritten?

Savings - Interest rates are low, so getting interest on money stashed right now is not good. However, they are usually among the safest way to salt money away. In the UK, the government underwrites £85,000 per saver, per "business group" that goes bust. Different countries offer different levels, so if using a savings account, is it underwritten by your government if the bank goes bust?

Bonds - maturity rates of various amounts over various times. No one knows what's going to happen, but even though I'm in the UK I watch Nightly Business Report to keep abreast of what's happening.

401k - not all are created equal. Do research - https://www.investopedia.com/articles/retirement/11/6-problems-with-401k-plans.asp - https://www.thestreet.com/retirement/401k/im-still-worried-about-my-401k-in-this-market-part-2-14741347 As Acid Panda said, £1K is not a lot of money.

Be active with your investments and keep an eye on the markets and world stage.

Personally, the only shares I have are by accident. (long story) My pension is underwritten by the government and will pay my everyday bills, if I work to the target age. Money comes out of my wages every month before I see it, and goes into a savings account which is also backed up by government guarantee. (Save As You Earn) That's my "boiler fund," for whenever anything unexpected happens. The house should be paid off by the time I'm 60 and I'll have a few years to put the "mortgage payments" into a separate account for a new car when I retire. Even though the UK does have a "premium bond" with prizes every month, you've got to have serious money in that to stand a chance of even getting the minimum prize, so I don't bother with it.

As long as I am able to stay in employment and good health for the next two decades, I'll be sorted.

Did you really advise an 18 year old without a job on Pensions?

To OP:

Best thing if you're not wanting to work... find a problem that you can offer a unique or untried solution to, develop a service or product, grow.

The rest of your ideas are for people who have disposable income already, that is not you yet.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

47 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

Did you really advise an 18 year old without a job on Pensions?

To OP:

Best thing if you're not wanting to work... find a problem that you can offer a unique or untried solution to, develop a service or product, grow.

The rest of your ideas are for people who have disposable income already, that is not you yet.

Yes... I did.  The OP should have a plan and when the OP does get a job, a pension should be on the list as early as possible. The OP doesn't have a 9-5 but must be doing something to make money, so I wouldn't say that the OP is not wanting to work... that's unfair to the OP.

Just now, msknight said:

Yes... I did.  The OP should have a plan and when the OP does get a job, a pension should be on the list as early as possible. The OP doesn't have a 9-5 but must be doing something to make money, so I wouldn't say that the OP is not wanting to work... that's unfair to the OP.

Work as in working a job.  I'll clarify.

Pensions are dying outside of gov't and a few private industries.   Quit a few other vehicles for saving to retirement that are better.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Rich people are afraid of leaves.

They will pay you to get rid of them.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

TIP. DO NOT PLAY OPTIONS. DO NOT PLAY OPTIONS. DO NOT PLAY OPTIONS. 

or do.

From someone who works for a betting company, betting is not the way to make money!

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good, but you would be the exception if you could be the lucky one.

There is one thing in the UK I'm not sure if there if similar worldwide. Premium Bonds, a government backed scheme that is part savings, part lottery. You buy them like other bonds, but unlike a regular one they don't offer a fixed return. You can cash out at any time so you never lose your capital. Well, you might if the government collapses but there will be far bigger problems in society by that point. What you do get as long as you hold these bonds is a chance to win a cash prize. There is a million top prize, and many more smaller ones. Now your chances of getting this million are probably even lower than if you played a lottery, but again the difference here is you don't lose your capital. The stated intent is that in the long term, the small prizes will average out to be comparable to that of a regular savings account. That's the best I can come up with. The nearest to no-risk gambling. A tiny non-zero chance of winning the big prize. I bought the minimum amount allowed at the time of £500. Since then I've won small prizes around £25-50 on a few occasions. It probably averages out comparable to typical savings rates. Some savings rates might be better, but no chance of a bigger prize there.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible