Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows 10 fresh install crashing at different points

Hello all,

I have just built a new gaming computer, i7 9700k, R9 390X, 16gb ram. I created a USB install drive using Microsoft's tool, when I go into BIOS everything is working ok, memory is being recognised, CPU speed and temp are all okay, m.2 SSD is recognised and working however when I plug in the drive and turn on the computer it takes me to the Windows Install software. On my first attempt I managed to select language, select custom install, select drive, copying of files 100% but when it started to install I got up to 18% and crashed (I know so because my mouse stopped working) Tried again and crashed at 4% and crashed on the windows set up loading page.

I have tired redownloading the ISO on the USB however it crashed again on the set up loading page.

Can someone offer some advice on what could be causing this, I cannot see any hardware failure just when it tried to install windows onto my SSD it crashes.

Thanks a lot,

Ben.

try and install linux and if that works its an windows media issue create it again and give it a another shot, if linux also crashes than ur hardware config is misconfigured

Some EU input to Canadian IT :D 

Just now, nextg3n said:

try and install linux and if that works its an windows media issue create it again and give it a another shot, if linux also crashes than ur hardware config is misconfigured

I will try that thanks :)

16 minutes ago, Ben minot said:

I will try that thanks :)

try different usb stick and use 2.0 port on your mobo

3 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

try different usb stick and use 2.0 port on your mobo

Yea I am going to buy a new USB the one I was using is a cheap 16gb freebee form Disney land, also going to do a BIOS update