How many computers do you have lying around the house?

mamamia88

uh, including laptops and old computers?

I have 3 old desktops, 1 old imac, 1 old laptop, 1 old macbook. Also have like 3 motherboards and a bunch of ram and ssds.

2 new desktops, 1 new laptop, and 1 nas.

5 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

uh, including laptops and old computers?

I have 3 old desktops, 1 old imac, 1 old laptop, 1 old macbook. Also have like 3 motherboards and a bunch of ram and ssds.

2 new desktops, 1 new laptop, and 1 nas.

where do you get so many spare parts?

I've got 3 desktops, 2 laptops, a 16TB server, literally hundreds of pounds of GPUs (I've got at least 86 of just one kind), and loads of other parts as well (dead GPUs, old CPUs, piles of DDR2, some old motherboards, and lots of fans).

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

2 dell optiplex (pfsense and freenas)+ 4 laptops + 3 dead laptops +bunch of ram/ssd hard drives and other crap

6 minutes ago, General Winter said:

where do you get so many spare parts?

I find either good used deals, like I got a bunch of DDR3 8GB sticks @ 5$ each, then I give them to my friends with old computers and sometimes I show them how to build a computer and they get a computer and they let me have their old computer. my parents gave me an imac (in like 2008, it has a core 2 quad that I stuck in there, it came with a core 2 duo), my old i5-3570k/670 rig, and my old Q8400 rig. They still run last time I checked, but I never use them.

Old laptop & macbook is my previous laptop and the macbook that my parents gave me.

Also impulse buying :P

You mean computers that just sit in a corner and nobody uses them? If so, I have 2 desktop, 2 laptops and a pile of PC hardware like HDDs, GPUs, CPUs, motherboard and RAM+some cases. I could probably build another 3-4 desktops for web browsing out of those parts.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

8 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

You mean computers that just sit in a corner and nobody uses them? If so, I have 2 desktop, 2 laptops and a pile of PC hardware like HDDs, GPUs, CPUs, motherboard and RAM+some cases. I could probably build another 3-4 desktops for web browsing out of those parts.

Like in current use. Like I have 1 desktop in my bedroom, 1 desktop in my basement, 1 thinkpad for travel, and 1 computer I'm just working on for fun. But, I'm considering turning the thinkpad into a desktop and ditching my less powerful gaming rig (yeah the one with the i7-2600 and 1050ti and just funneling the sale of that into my main system

I just built a new PC actually, which I wanna sell but hey while it's around I'll tally it

3 gaming PCs

3 laptops

1 dell desktop

a playstation 4 and 2 switches (those are computers too, and the handful of smartphones I've got around)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yes.

4 minutes ago, mamamia88 said:

Like in current use. Like I have 1 desktop in my bedroom, 1 desktop in my basement, 1 thinkpad for travel, and 1 computer I'm just working on for fun. But, I'm considering turning the thinkpad into a desktop and ditching my less powerful gaming rig (yeah the one with the i7-2600 and 1050ti and just funneling the sale of that into my main system

Then I will add 2 high end gaming PCs, 1 mind range gaming PC, 1 desktop for web browsing, 1 PC that I use as a Plex server and 2 Predator Helios 300 laptops. Those are all currently in use in the family. Not counting smartphones/tablets.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

There's  my main, My laptop, the Tertiary, and another one that I have but haven't found time to poke at, if things go well I'll soon have another.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

3 XP era desktops

macbook air 2014

mac mini 2012 (i think)

asus chromebox cn60

bricked acer chromebook 11

school acer chromebook r11

nexus 5 phone

xbox one s

iphone 7+ 

ipad gen 4

some xiaomi phone

does a fitbit charge 2 count?

does a mi band gen 1 count?

the legendary nokia 3310

some ole HP laptop that is dying

and a really old compaq buried somewhere in dust because i can't find it

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

got my current rig, an old crappy walmart pc sitting in the corner, my dell inspiron 6000 laptop running win xp...and enough parts to build another rig(amd phenom cpu) lol

and ofc my samsung tablet.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

Well, here's the list:

1. 1 new PC (just recently build)
    • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi
    • Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Gaming OC 8GB HBM
    • 2x XPG 8GB DDR4 3200MHz OC RAM
  2. MSI GX70 3BE laptop (internal keyboard not working)
    • AMD A10 5750m
    • 2x 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
    • AMD Radeon HD 8970m 2GB GDDR5
  3. HP Compaq CQ40-134AX (Broken. CPU toast because insufficient cooling apparatus used)
    • AMD Turion 64 x2 2.1GHz
    • 2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM
    • AMD Radeon HD3450m
  4. Dell Inspiron 6000 (RAM module slot problem)
    • Intel Centrino technology
    • Intel Pentium M
    • 2GB DDR2 533MHz RAM
    • ATI Mobility Radeon X300
  5. Self build PC (Motherboard failure)
    • Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz
    • 512 MB DDR 400MHz RAM
    • Integrated Radeon X300
  6. Self build PC (motherboard intermittent, many capacitors bulged)
    • AMd Athlon K6 800MHz
    • 512MB 133MHz SDRAM
    • nVidia TNT2 64MB AGP graphic

I don't really throw them away, because it's quite sentimental to me.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

(2) Desktops

Gaming - 6700K and 1080Ti, for 1440P monitor. 

HTPC - 6700K and 1080, for 1080P TV, also use as back up for gaming. 

(2) Laptops

One for working at home and other for casual use. 

"You're my dearest friend & my love. You lit my path through darkness & I'll stand with you...to whatever end." -Leliana (DAO).

Including my main PC, three desktops. My main Ryzen 5 3600X/GTX 1080 machine, my secondary i7-7700K/GTX 970 machine with a cheap custom loop and my hooptie E5645/8400GS machine. Other than that, there's my working MacBook Air and some old random laptops which aren't in working order.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

At last count: 20 that work, and however many worth of parts I have currently.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

I just have my girlfriend's computer and my own. I don't leave things lying around. I sold my old one for $200.