Overheating issues with Msi Rtx 2070 gaming z

killers993

So, a few weeks ago I was playing a game of fortnite (I know, fortnite, Eww) and the fans on my gpu started to ramp up to max for a few seconds and went back to normal. It ramped the fans back up again so I checked HWmonitor and the temps for the gpu was at 77 degrees C.

Things I've done;

I've added 2 case fans below the card, checked for dust (wasn't any)

So, idk what to do.. I find it hard to believe that I need to replace the thermal paste on this thing already, not even a year old...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. 

uHTX1NS.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

6 minutes ago, killers993 said:

So, a few weeks ago I was playing a game of fortnite (I know, fortnite, Eww) and the fans on my gpu started to ramp up to max for a few seconds and went back to normal. It 

Your case has 0 airflow, take off the side panel then check what the temps are, you could try repasting the card if there's still an issue after that. 

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

36 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Your case has 0 airflow, take off the side panel then check what the temps are, you could try repasting the card if there's still an issue after that. 

With the side panel removed and the fans set to max on the gpu, sits at 71 degrees... I have a corsair 760t i can try I guess.. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

3 minutes ago, killers993 said:

With the side panel removed and the fans set to max on the gpu, sits at 71 degrees... I have a corsair 760t i can try I guess.. 

your signature has an inwin 301

The corsair case should be fine on airflow 

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

your signature has an inwin 301

The corsair case should be fine on airflow 

Yeah, My signature is my current pc, I still have my old pc which is in the corsair case.