CPU glued to CPU cooler

Basically I was having issues with my pc so I contacted amd and they told me to show them the CPU. When I took the Cooler out, the CPU was glued to it through the thermal paste and so when I took it out, the CPU came out with the cooler.

I saw that the pins were bent on the CPU and one was completely broken off.

Can I claim a warranty replacement because I couldn't have predicted this was going to happen and I was having issues with the CPU anyway?

MVIMG_20191001_173054.jpg

you can attempt to straighten out the pins, or try to go through whomever you bought the cpu from. if its a self built system, they will probably call for user error. 

10 minutes ago, Kaiiid said:

Basically I was having issues with my pc so I contacted amd and they told me to show them the CPU. When I took the Cooler

I mean you can try to warranty it, but physical damage probably isn't covered. You can get first gen Ryzen CPUs really cheap on ebay anyways.

Make sure to save the pin you can just drop it back into the socket after straightening it out, as well you can probably bend the pin back with some tools, namely a razor blade just take it really slow and don't try to bend it too many times.

You should have ran the PC, ran a benchmark, shut down and removed the cooler while it was still warm, and always twist it off before trying to pull it out...

99.99% of the time your motherboard/RAM or something else will be the issue, pretty rare that it would be a specific CPU.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

I mean you can try to warranty it, but physical damage probably isn't covered. You can get first gen Ryzen CPUs really cheap on ebay anyways.

Make sure to save the pin you can just drop it back into the socket after straightening it out, as well you can probably bend the pin back with some tools, namely a razor blade just take it really slow and don't try to bend it too many times.

You should have ran the PC, ran a benchmark, shut down and removed the cooler while it was still warm, and always twist it off before trying to pull it out...

One corner pin had broken off completely 

1 minute ago, Kaiiid said:

Ya but you can just drop that pin into the motherboard sokcet where it would normally go, and as long as there's contact it'll work,

Also the pin may be entirely unnecessary anyways so you can try running it without that pin after fixing the rest.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 minutes ago, Kaiiid said:

try fixing the pins that arent broken with a razor, and hope to god the missing pin isnt something important, just powerdelivery that uses multiple pins or somethign along the lines of that. 

If they instructed you to take the CPU out for them to look at then in the modern world it really is on them, if you hadn't removed it it wouldn't have caused damage, blah, blah and all that.

Or it was damaged before and checking for that was the whole point of asking for removal, you won't bend pins in the middle of the CPU by pulling it out.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

5 hours ago, Bishop Crane said:

If they instructed you to take the CPU out for them to look at then in the modern world it really is on them, if you hadn't removed it it wouldn't have caused damage, blah, blah and all that.

Exactly why I'm wondering if I can get it replaced 

4 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Or it was damaged before and checking for that was the whole point of asking for removal, you won't bend pins in the middle of the CPU by pulling it out.

Ohh so it was damaged but my pc was working correctly before I pulled it out. I thought all the pins had to be straight for it to work so it definitely wasn't damaged before. Correct me if I'm mistakeb

6 hours ago, Kaiiid said:

my pc was working correctly before I pulled it out.

12 hours ago, Kaiiid said:

I was having issues with my pc

?

You never said what issues though.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

?

You never said what issues though.

My pc wouldn't boot when I restarted the pc through windows and csgo would crash 10 mins in and somehow windows would still be running smooth