Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3900X incredibly hard to find, with prices going up to $900 range

20 minutes ago, thorhammerz said:

Nah, the evil mastermind is definitely Nvidia! Bring the pitchforks! Bring the torches!

I don't have a pitchfork, will the plastic spork I got from the local takeaway with my lunch work just as well?

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

55 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I don't have a pitchfork, will the plastic spork I got from the local takeaway with my lunch work just as well?

But can it trace rays? ?

32 minutes ago, thorhammerz said:

But can it trace rays? ?

If I'm really careful and the mashed potato is extra soft.  ?

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

On 10/1/2019 at 12:54 AM, Ratisbona said:

One of Germany's biggest electronics retailers (mindfactory.de) apparently just ogt a bigger shipment of these in, it's been available at mindfactory.de @retail since at least yesterday, that's longer that I've seen it stay available since launchday ;)

The sold units there went up from ~2800 at the beginning of last week to ~3500 right now as well. So shipments of these do come in.

Not to go full conspiracy, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mindfactory got a bit higher priority than others considering how vocal they tend to be about AMD's sales vs Intel. 

On 10/1/2019 at 2:53 PM, mr moose said:

So when AMD prices go up its because of supply/demand and when intel's go up it's because of greed?  got it. ?

Intel doesn't have any magic powers to push CPU prices beyond market limits and majority of the market do not directly buy the CPU. 

Unless you have evidence of an intentional decision to cause this situation then no one is to blame for anything.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Intel's MSRP compared to a third party Ryzen price hike. That said, I'm not really sure how Intel is at all relevant to this thread either way. 

On 10/1/2019 at 8:18 AM, spirch said:

I guess I was lucky to get the 3900x at 575$ CAD (yes CAD) all included with the late July Amazon Canada price/mess error. (google to find the whole story of what a mess it was)

and I got it mid August.

Damn, that's like $17 US, way to go you!

But seriously $430 USD is an awesome deal, enjoy it. 

Part of me is debating flipping mine for a nice profit and then going to a 3950x later, haha

R9 3900x; 64GB RAM | RTX 2080 | 1.5TB Optane P4800x

1TB ADATA XPG Pro 8200 SSD | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD
HD800 + SCHIIT VALI | Topre Realforce Keyboard

• 4 weeks later...

Less than a month later stock is trickling back in and prices are mostly back to normal. Newegg still trying to skim a bit off the top and amazon selling out first, as usual.