There should be a description on the signature editor

sandvich64

On the edit profile page where you can edit your signature. i think there should be a description stating what the signature is for new members or something. i still dont even know what it is

Your signature is the text below your post, like this stuff at the bottom of my post (although a description showing what it will end up looking like is pretty good too

vvvvvvv

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Oh, you mean for members that are too young to know what it refers to? Signatures have been part of mailing lists, forums and emails for ages. They still are. In emails they are used to keep info you want to send everytime (corporate users have their position and contact details), but don't want to type. The most common email signature is what client software have "Send from ZZZ". Here sigs are just another thing you might use to customize your account. My avatar and sig have been same about all my time here. Custom member titles (and location) have changed couple times.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Oh, you mean for members that are too young to know what it refers to? Signatures have been part of mailing lists, forums and emails for ages. They still are. In emails they are used to keep info you want to send everytime (corporate users have their position and contact details), but don't want to type. The most common email signature is what client software have "Send from ZZZ". Here sigs are just another thing you might use to customize your account. My avatar and sig have been same about all my time here. Custom member titles (and location) have changed couple times.

this site is kinda my first actual forum account other than reddit so im not familiar with all the terms and stuff

14 minutes ago, sandvich64 said:

this site is kinda my first actual forum account other than reddit so im not familiar with all the terms and stuff

I'm kinda against adding anything more there. And more for having short help document to main forum features in your profile. But, as its well known, people really don't like to search or read. Not even Community Standards they agree to follow when they create account. Or latest ROG Rig Reboot rules which are even shorter. So that would serve very small group.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv