Don't buy the watches from MVMT! Read inside!

gDonut

Hello guys, i apologize if this isn't the right place but basically i wanted to warn everyone about the watches they are selling.

I showed the watches to a friend and he told me right away that they look a lot like fake watches being sold on chinese stores like alibaba so i did some research and some reverse image search and yea.

You can see yourself that they basically bought the rights from the chinese companies to have them removed from alibaba and get the exclusives for that look only with their logo so they got removed from the lists but the thumbnails are still inside alibaba's database and you can see their watches with different logos before they got removed:

1) https://tineye.com/search/b1041d9a9ecd697ed286c280e8df162945c1640d?page=1&extension_ver=firefox-1.4.1

2) https://tineye.com/search/929aa452ad559794d91c344f83241e7624d0f82d?page=1&extension_ver=firefox-1.4.1

this is only 1 example but i can give you more. So guys don't waste 150 dollars on a watch that costs 50 cents to manufacture and 2 bucks to get shipped.

hope this topic doesn't break any rules.  Thanks for the attention

You do realize that this is pretty much across the fashion watch board? Nearly every watch from every fashion brand has their watches made in China. Even "Swiss made" can have large portions of their watches made either from Chinese watch parts that are assembled in Swiss factories, or Swiss parts assembled in Chinese factories. 

Unless you are spending $5000 or more, almost no watch company is making their own movements (seiko is one exception) 

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

But didn't you know it was started by two broke college kids who were sick and tired of expensive store bought watches?

Shoutouts to the Frank phone.

And WhartonBrooks Cerulean Moment.

(even though those are phones)

13 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Shoutouts to the Frank phone.

And WhartonBrooks Cerulean Moment.

(even though those are phones)

And Daniel wellington watches. The list is endless. All you need is a good story and a chinese factory. 

17 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

They're cheap, they're stylish, but no one claimed they were rugged and well built.

Exactly.  I bought a few since they were inexpensive and looked decent.  All broken after 1-2 years of semi-regular wear.  Won't be buying them again, but also don't feel like I lost out given the price (especially when on sale via podcast discount code).

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

I bought mine 4 years ago, still works great and only replaced the strap a couple of months ago. I'd say that's good quality and it's worth the price.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

remember a tv program i Denmark about customs, they halted a bunch of gucci watches.. like 1000 of them, packet in one box, in cheap plastic send from china, because they were fakes..

... well they wasn t, it was real Gucci watches, just shows that money does not always reflect quality... if you want real swiss watchmaking, then don´t buy from designer brands, buy from recognized watchmakers...

4 hours ago, RasmusDC said:

remember a tv program i Denmark about customs, they halted a bunch of gucci watches.. like 1000 of them, packet in one box, in cheap plastic send from china, because they were fakes..

... well they wasn t, it was real Gucci watches, just shows that money does not always reflect quality... if you want real swiss watchmaking, then don´t buy from designer brands, buy from recognized watchmakers...

Agreed. Why anyone would buy a Gucci watch is beyond me. Not really known for their timepieces. Stick with the classics, they may cost more, but generally hold their value much better. I bought an omega speedmaster about 5 years ago from an authorized second hand dealer, not only does it look like new, if I was in a pinch for cash, I would be able to sell for more than I bought it for. 

Haha, welcome to how most watches are made. You can go to certain cities in China and pick the case, internals, hands, bezels, etc from massive catalogs for a completely "custom" watch and start a company that way. Many do. That's how a lot of micro watch brands start out. Did you know most of the watches you buy, even those that are considerably more expensive, probably also cost next to nothing to make? There isn't exactly a lot of material there. 

If you want quality, buy quality brands. Expensive? Yup. But hey. They last. 

Personally I can't believe people spend more than $500 on a smartwatch; something that will be outdated in 2 years time. 

7 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Agreed. Why anyone would buy a Gucci watch is beyond me. Not really known for their timepieces. Stick with the classics, they may cost more, but generally hold their value much better. I bought an omega speedmaster about 5 years ago from an authorized second hand dealer, not only does it look like new, if I was in a pinch for cash, I would be able to sell for more than I bought it for. 

Some people like the design. Most of the time with a watch you're buying it for aesthetics. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Now there are a lot of fakes. Of course there are official replicas. But if you already buy one or the original or nothing