ASUS ROG STRIX X470F Mobo Questions

Hello

I just got this board last week

1) Can ASUS ROG Strix X470F handle Ryzen 7 3700x? 

2) Can Asus ROG Strix able to handle Ryzen 9 3900x and maybe 3950x?

3) The LAN Driver for ASUS ROG Strix X470F is not compatible with Windows 10 v1903. I clicked Windows 10 x64 on ASUS page. I already did a clean install Windows 10 in hope this is Windows fault, but it is not Windows fault. How to fix? Contacting ASUS Support is useless to me because they keep saying they will follow up this case for 3 days now.

20190923_114009.thumb.jpg.13b45f32b18652f0c271815bfb38bbea.jpg

1. Yes it can 

2. In LTT opinions you have a B.grade board in terms of vrm. Consensus says about a 3900x at max is best your looking at.

3. This sounds unfortunate I'm going to assume you have updated the lan drivers? If not You can downlaod the files externaly and place them on a usb and run them on the system in question also if you havent already make sure your bios is at the very least runing the bios that allows 3000series to work this may require a currently supported antheon or ryzen 2k series chip ( can be provided on loan by amd themselves) if it already runs try getting latest bios run a fresh install of windows pre 1903 if possible, update all possible drivers and then try 1903 if this fails you can roll back to the previous update in system settings and attempt to contact both asus and microsoft to see if a solution can be made or unroll a future update proves stable

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
    Corsair pro rgb 16gb 3400 oc stock timings
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
    My digital ssd 250gb pro m.2 (boot) 2tb berracuda 7200rpm +Toshiba x300 4gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750

1. I'm running that combo

2. 3900X should be fine too

3. I'm not at home right now but I can check later today which driver I have installed but my Windows is the latest build and all systems are working normally. Did you install the chipset drivers already?

3700X | NH-D15 | X470-F | 2x16GB @3200MHz | RTX 2060 Ventus OC

RM650x | Fractal Design R4 | NVMe 970 EVO Plus 512GB | SATA 850 EVO 512GB

<Build Log>

12 hours ago, Gilgam3s1 said:

1. Yes it can 

2. In LTT opinions you have a B.grade board in terms of vrm. Consensus says about a 3900x at max is best your looking at.

3. This sounds unfortunate I'm going to assume you have updated the lan drivers? If not You can downlaod the files externaly and place them on a usb and run them on the system in question also if you havent already make sure your bios is at the very least runing the bios that allows 3000series to work this may require a currently supported antheon or ryzen 2k series chip ( can be provided on loan by amd themselves) if it already runs try getting latest bios run a fresh install of windows pre 1903 if possible, update all possible drivers and then try 1903 if this fails you can roll back to the previous update in system settings and attempt to contact both asus and microsoft to see if a solution can be made or unroll a future update proves stable

Thanks a lot boss

6 hours ago, Dubba said:

1. I'm running that combo

2. 3900X should be fine too

3. I'm not at home right now but I can check later today which driver I have installed but my Windows is the latest build and all systems are working normally. Did you install the chipset drivers already?

I got everything installed except the lan driver. I can reproduce this issue on my laptop that is running Windows 10 v1903 as well. Can you check if you can run the Lan driver? I can't run any lan driver from ASUS because "Does not support this operating system" error. This is the first time I have encounter this issue.

21 hours ago, OlympicAssEater said:

I got everything installed except the lan driver. I can reproduce this issue on my laptop that is running Windows 10 v1903 as well. Can you check if you can run the Lan driver? I can't run any lan driver from ASUS because "Does not support this operating system" error. This is the first time I have encounter this issue.

Okay I forgot this thing totally. I remember now downloading a bunch of x470-F related drivers and indeed one of them did not do anything, started up and insta-closed after UAC-notification and it was the LAN driver.

But I had done a fresh install of Win10 1903 on my system and it managed to grab a working driver from 2018. Windows update found a newer driver version but you could try updating the driver with local directory and point it to search in the Asus LAN setup folder.

Or try googling for Intel I211 Gigabit Network driver 12.18.8.22 (date 10.5.2019 d.m.y), I found only suspicious sites though and from Intel I found versions starting with number 22 and I'm dead sleepy right now. It just seems there's something wrong with the asus installer only, not the driver package itself.

<Build Log>

4 hours ago, Dubba said:

Okay I forgot this thing totally. I remember now downloading a bunch of x470-F related drivers and indeed one of them did not do anything, started up and insta-closed after UAC-notification and it was the LAN driver.

But I had done a fresh install of Win10 1903 on my system and it managed to grab a working driver from 2018. Windows update found a newer driver version but you could try updating the driver with local directory and point it to search in the Asus LAN setup folder.

Or try googling for Intel I211 Gigabit Network driver 12.18.8.22 (date 10.5.2019 d.m.y), I found only suspicious sites though and from Intel I found versions starting with number 22 and I'm dead sleepy right now. It just seems there's something wrong with the asus installer only, not the driver package itself.

Taking what dubba said into account id see if you talk to asus to see if they can just send you a copy via email for the lan driver instaler it's self if its an issue on how asus has the packaged drivers set up this may help. On my x470 hero wifi vii I got zero issues out of the box on the moatherboard side including drivers. You could also try updating all other drivers an leave LAN alone. It should still work with the preinstalled drivers but it may or maynot have issues. I personaly thought I had all my drovers updated and had been using my Bluetooth earbuds on my pc since its completion in july with the 3000x series launch but low and behold last night I was messing around in device management and even though the driver version wasnt changed on the website for my board the Bluetooth adapter still updated through device manager so it shows that it can run seemingly fine without an update

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
    My digital ssd 250gb pro m.2 (boot) 2tb berracuda 7200rpm +Toshiba x300 4gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750

You could also try to contact intell directly if you can track down which lan module is on the board and see if you can get the driver from them 

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750

3 minutes ago, Gilgam3s1 said:

You could also try to contact intell directly if you can track down which lan module is on the board and see if you can get the driver from them 

Okay. Are they going to charge me for asking help?

4 hours ago, Dubba said:

Asus is so dam slow to fix this issue. I already contacted them and have them created a ticket to escalate to the upper tier team for like a week now with no solution at all. Windows Updates auto installed the latest v12 Intel LAN Driver when I check for updates. 

5 hours ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Asus is so dam slow to fix this issue. I already contacted them and have them created a ticket to escalate to the upper tier team for like a week now with no solution at all. Windows Updates auto installed the latest v12 Intel LAN Driver when I check for updates. 

Intel wont charge a dime since the software already exists something else you can try is typing device manager in the seachbar selecting the corresponding lan tab and locating the intel lan and right clicking and try to update the driver from there. You can also try taking to the asus rog forum, I got a lot of advanced drivers, bios updates, and old patches from there plus alot of the asus patch guys run aound on there two so someone might have some sort of workaround for you there too

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750

9 hours ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Oh wait, you have a driver and your internet is working?

<Build Log>

6 hours ago, Dubba said:

Oh wait, you have a driver and your internet is working?

Windows auto setup the driver for me when I connected to the internet but this doesnt solve the problem of AsusSetup compatibiliry with Windows 10 1903.

34 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Windows auto setup the driver for me when I connected to the internet but this doesnt solve the problem of AsusSetup compatibiliry with Windows 10 1903.

Is this like some sort of start up popup error? Or after trying to downlaod said update of the xriver it stops working?

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750

Cause now I'm oddly a little confused 

• CPU
    Ryzen 3700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus rog hero vii
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Radeon Vii
  • Case
    Thermaltake G21 TG
  • Storage
  • PSU
    Evga g3 750

On 9/26/2019 at 3:57 PM, OlympicAssEater said:

You don't need it then. It propably includes older network driver now anyways.

<Build Log>