MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC Waterblock

Hi guys,

Is there a waterblock out there that is compatible with this GPU?

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx-2070-super-rtx-2070-super-ventus-oc/p/N82E16814137438?Item=N82E16814137438

I would like to eventually get into watercooling my PC but I can't find any blocks explicitly listed to work on this GPU. I've found several for this card just not the super version. Would those work on this?

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, TyWeMc said:

-

I believe the super cards are the same as the non-super at a PCB level, so if you find one for the 2070 Ventus, I believe it should be okay for the 2070 Super Ventus.

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I believe the super cards are the same as the non-super at a PCB level, so if you find one for the 2070 Ventus, I believe it should be okay for the 2070 Super Ventus.

If that's the case, how would I know which waterblock to go with? Some say they work for 2070s in general, some are for specific cards. Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, I'm new to understanding watercooling. ?

8 minutes ago, TyWeMc said:

If that's the case, how would I know which waterblock to go with? Some say they work for 2070s in general, some are for specific cards. Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, I'm new to understanding watercooling. ?

That's completely fine :)

You first need to work out whether your graphics card is a founder's edition pcb(reference PCB) or not. If a waterblock says its for a certain graphics card with no further elaboration, this is usually for a reference PCB. For non-reference boards you need to find a waterblock specifically for that particular PCB. This is because certain components are placed differently on non-reference boards and so will collide with the block if you get the wrong one.

I believe the MSI ventus is a non-reference PCB, so you will need to find a block for the 2070 Ventus specifically.

5 minutes ago, For Science! said:

That's completely fine :)

You first need to work out whether your graphics card is a founder's edition pcb(reference PCB) or not. If a waterblock says its for a certain graphics card with no further elaboration, this is usually for a reference PCB. For non-reference boards you need to find a waterblock specifically for that particular PCB. This is because certain components are placed differently on non-reference boards and so will collide with the block if you get the wrong one.

I believe the MSI ventus is a non-reference PCB, so you will need to find a block for the 2070 Ventus specifically.

Everything I'm seeing is that the PCB is custom so I don't know if there's a waterblock out there what would work for it :/

Just now, TyWeMc said:

Everything I'm seeing is that the PCB is custom so I don't know if there's a waterblock out there what would work for it :/

Bykski seems to have one, so if you can get one, this looks like one of the only options. I would have no problem with bykski branded waterblocks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000140065547.html

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 6:25 PM, TyWeMc said:

Awesome, Thanks a lot!!

Hey, did you buy this block and did it fit? looking at buying the same card for my next water cooled build

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 4:23 PM, VintageBazinga said:

Hey, did you buy this block and did it fit? looking at buying the same card for my next water cooled build

I have not yet. I ended up buying the NZXT Kraken x62 for the meantime.

• 1 month later...

There is one snag: The RTX 2070 SUPER Ventus shares the same GPU die size as a RTX 2080 gpu and this is why it has NVLink SLI.

It has a different GPU fabrication die size to the MSI RTX 2070 Ventus 

The standard RTX 2070 GPU is smaller by a little, this is the card which has a GPU water block available for its card-size profile. However, for the SUPER version it may not cover enough GPU to do a proper cooling job.

Beyond here there be dragons.

Higher powers must be called upon to intervene and swiftly resolve this question.

Edited by Santy Clause

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm struggling to figure out which block and kit to buy.. MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC... Recommendations for a newbie plz lol

Ryzen 9 3900x & Ryzen 7 3700x 120 AIO / MSI 2070 Super Ventus OC / MSI B450 Tomahawk Max & MSI x570 Gaming Pro / Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz 2x8gb / 970EVOplus m.2 NVME 250gb / Adata sata SSD 250gb/ 2TB Hard drive / 9x Noctua Redux 120mm fans / (spare Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz 2x8gb) / Fanatec CSLE+ F1 / V3 Pedals / Next Level Sim Rig / LG Ultra Gear 34" curved ultrawide 144hz / Oculus Rift S / Asus 27" 144hz / crappy keyboard / crappy mouse

• 1 year later...

this is an old thread but i just wanted to confirm that there is an actualy water block made for the super card, although a stock 2070 waterblock should work as long as its for your specific card/pcb.

msi rtx 2070 super ventus water block on aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001393162192.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1c2048ac3ADuMM&algo_pvid=cd4a6d59-b55e-45da-af0a-89047e9469bf&algo_expid=cd4a6d59-b55e-45da-af0a-89047e9469bf-0&btsid=2100bdec16159290703385005e633f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_