Problem with MacOS Catalina VBox

Epimetheus

Hi guys, i recently made a macos catalina virtual machine on my windows 10 host system to use for "educational purposes" (we're using macos apparently at school to program in java, so i had an excuse to make a virtual machine).

I've already installed it and it's working, even the resolution is right. The problem is, i'm not able to drag and drop my files, nor do any things that implies holding the click on the mouse. What should i do? I already tried rebooting the system and terminating finder, but it didn't change anything. The other methods i found were about trackpads, but i'm not using one and the trackpad settings don't even open. What could be the problem?

2 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

try it with the right click (drag with the right button) and see if that works.

right click just opens what usually opens with the right click

VB does not install guest tools for osx and I am not sure if there is a way for you to install them manually (if there is one to install), thats why drag and drop doesnt work.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

16 minutes ago, Levent said:

VB does not install guest tools for osx and I am not sure if there is a way for you to install them manually (if there is one to install), thats why drag and drop doesnt work.

I already installed the guest additions, i think. When you insert the guest additions you need to open it and open a package to start the install. I don't think that's the problem

Guest additions is what enables the drag and drop feature. So its probably not compatible with Catalina. You could try downloading the latest version and reinstalling it to see if that helps. Remember to restart after installing it.