Any experience here with Deepcool AIOs?

Stino

Hey all, 

does anyone here have any experience with Deepcool All-in-one liquid coolers? Especially the latest generation where they have this anti-leak system?    Deepcool AIO products page

I'm very interested in buying a DeepCool Castle 240RGB V2 or the 360RGB V2 and have read some reviews and watched some video's. 

I'm also very intrigued by the Anti-leak system that Deepcool has. It seem most AIOs leak or fail because of pressure build up in the loop and Deepcool has found a way to deal with this pressure by using a proprietary pressure valve. This ofcourse is very interesting to me as I plan on using my pc for several years and don't want to have an AIO leak in my system. 

Overall i hear positive things about this liquid cooler but would like to hear from here if anyone here has any hands-on experience on it or any other Deepcool AIO? 

Thanks in advance. 

Grtz, 

Stino

I don’t personally have any experience with them, but their nickname on these forums is Deepcool/Deadcool. 

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

9 minutes ago, Stino said:

pressure build up in the loop

Nope, most of the time either the seals break and leaks liquid (rather than just evapourating away), or the pump dies. I have never heard of pressure build up in AIOs breaking them.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

I have only had the 1st version of the Castle 360 RGB for 4 months. I wish I had second version, but that feature is probably not needed unless there was already a problem with it in the first place. What Jurrunio said is more likely to happen. It will be interesting for me to see how long this AIO lasts me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

3 hours ago, Jurrunio said:

Nope, most of the time either the seals break and leaks liquid (rather than just evapourating away), or the pump dies. I have never heard of pressure build up in AIOs breaking them.

Well it is said that if an IAO needs to cool a heavy load for a while the water can heat up and expand so it generates more pressure and since it is a closed loop the pressure will go to the weakest points in the loop such as seals and fittings and could potentially cause leakage or damage over time. 

It sounds like a reasonable explanation to me imo, that's why I think it's a nice feature to have. 

But if you have any recommendations on (rgb) AIOs, they are always welcome. 

1 hour ago, alyen said:

I have only had the 1st version of the Castle 360 RGB for 4 months. I wish I had second version, but that feature is probably not needed unless there was already a problem with it in the first place. What Jurrunio said is more likely to happen. It will be interesting for me to see how long this AIO lasts me.

Yeah eventually all of them will die at some point but want to make sure that it lasts me at least couple of years and if that extra feature would really do so, why not. :) 

18 minutes ago, Stino said:

the water can heat up and expand

Nowhere near enough to break an AIO, unless it's so fragile that installing it already breaks it.

We're talking 50C liquid temperature is already stupid high by AIO standards, while temperature start at say, 20C. There's not a lot of increase to density as far as liquid like water's concerned. It's no gas.

22 minutes ago, Stino said:

But if you have any recommendations on (rgb) AIOs, they are always welcome. 

Depends on your budget. I'm not saying Deepcool's AIOs are bad, their marketing is just talking BS. Other than Deepcool only the Cooler Master ML-R series can be called cheap and RGB, unless you count swapping radiator fans on some Corsair models (their RGB Platinum models definitely arent cheap)

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

From my understanding the Deepcool Captain models had issues and leakage. Did not hear anything bad about *Castle* line. Also i might be mistaken but Deepcool Castle EX 360 / rgb v2 are not really cheap and in line with 115i platinum / 150i pro price wise. I have similar issue so i did some research and still can't decide.

9 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

There's not a lot of increase to density as far as liquid like water's concerned. It's no gas.

Well I guess your right, probably it is just marketing bs like you say.

9 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Depends on your budget. I'm not saying Deepcool's AIOs are bad, their marketing is just talking BS. Other than Deepcool only the Cooler Master ML-R series can be called cheap and RGB, unless you count swapping radiator fans on some Corsair models (their RGB Platinum models definitely arent cheap)

Well I was looking at the CM ML-R series and was almost certain to buy one but then also found some reviews that said they had leakage after some months.

One guy even had a leak within few months, they sent him a new one that was DOA and he was then awaiting his third unit, hoping it would be good this time. 
So that and some other stories of them leaking made me backout of my idea of buying them. 

15 minutes ago, Velsu said:

From my understanding the Deepcool Captain models had issues and leakage. Did not hear anything bad about *Castle* line. Also i might be mistaken but Deepcool Castle EX 360 / rgb v2 are not really cheap and in line with 115i platinum / 150i pro price wise. I have similar issue so i did some research and still can't decide.

Yeah but if you look at the captain model, that is just bound to fail with that tube sticking out of the pump, it has more points of failure, don't like the design anyway. :) 
I know they are in line with corsair prices and I would go for Corsair if I could but I'm planning for an ARGB build and would like to see everything working with Aura Sync, Which is not possible for Corsair products as they are only compatible with iCue and I would rather not have multiple RGB software running, just Aura.

Also, the Deepcool RGB pump looks really amazing imo ? 

Yeah i'm going to think about it some more, maybe look for a good quality normal AIO and just stick some RGB fans on it, we'll see. 

Thanks for your answers all. 

7 hours ago, star_pilot475 said:

their nickname on these forums is Deepcool/Deadcool. 

First time I've seen this anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Stino said:

Well I was looking at the CM ML-R series and was almost certain to buy one but then also found some reviews that said they had leakage after some months.

I'm not sure where you could get statistics for how reliable the cooler is but there's no evidence I've encountered that would make it any more or less reliable than the Deepcool AIO. 

that is just bound to fail, it has more points of failure

Yes, that extends to AIO's in general when compared to air coolers. 

Why are you looking at these coolers in particular? What cpu, case, and ram are you using?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Deepcool is pretty decent brand, they probs focus on more budget products so it might look like they have poor quality, but imo they're pretty damn good.

Pretty much any Deepcool AIO has that "Anti-Leak tech", i personally use Gammax L240 V2 that i got for around $60 and so far it's epic.

16 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

First time I've seen this anywhere. 

I'm not sure where you could get statistics for how reliable the cooler is but there's no evidence I've encountered that would make it any more or less reliable than the Deepcool AIO. 

Yes, that extends to AIO's in general when compared to air coolers. 

Why are you looking at these coolers in particular? What cpu, case, and ram are you using?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Well i'm planning on going for a Ryzen 5 3600, with TridentZ 16gb 3200Mhz CL16 memory and a cooler master MB530P case and i'm interested in the deepcool aio's because of the feature explained above. I also would like some adressable RBG because that is the theme of my build and need it to be compatible with Aura Sync. 

I know corsair seems to make very good AIO's but they use the iCue software and i don't want that. But i still might concider buying a Corsair one and strapping some ARGB fans to it but then i wouldn't have the good looking pump. 

I am located in Belgium and have a budget of around €130 which is around 143 us dollar and that is about the price for a Deepcool Castle 360 RGB V2 here in Belgium.

15 hours ago, Exaco said:

Deepcool is pretty decent brand, they probs focus on more budget products so it might look like they have poor quality, but imo they're pretty damn good.

Pretty much any Deepcool AIO has that "Anti-Leak tech", i personally use Gammax L240 V2 that i got for around $60 and so far it's epic.

thanks for your comment, may i ask, for how long u are using the Gammax right now? 

3 hours ago, Stino said:

cooler master MB530P

Any reason you're not going for an air cooler instead? The case has 165mm of clearance available which is enough for most large air coolers. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Any reason you're not going for an air cooler instead? The case has 165mm of clearance available which is enough for most large air coolers. 

I've always had air coolers and for my new build I just wanted to do something different and go water cooling. I'm not too comfortable creating my own water cooling loop so I thought AIO was the way to go. 
Also I just like the esthetics of an AIO more, the pump/coolplate are mostly very small in size versus a large air cooler and the radiator tucks away in the top or front of the case, also since I am trying to build something RGB based the RGB on some AIO pumps is a nice feature to have when putting together an RGB theme. 
Also here in Belgium a decent air cooler like a Noctua will cost me almost as much as an AIO , so i thought, might aswell put a little more money in it and go with an AIO.  

Looks like NZXT X52 and X72 - If correct, they should perform great. :)

Edit: upon further inspection, they are quite different.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

The Navis Evo ARGB 240 is a good alternative: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1445136/silentiumpc-navis-evo-argb-240.html

I'd just pick between whichever you think looks better. 

On 9/19/2019 at 7:05 PM, Stino said:

for how long u are using the Gammax right now? 

Only few months for now so pretty sure i can't talk much about reliability/lifespan, recently i also ordered Deepcool's x5 PWM RGB fans ( same that the AIO uses ) for like $40 that also comes with x2 hubs, they seem also really good for the price, in case you will get/have case without full set of fans they're probs best value set.

If you're curious about the fans thats its product code: DP-FRGB-RF120-5C, they even have x3 packages that costs even more for whatever reason, so this one is best bang for the buck.

On 9/21/2019 at 2:30 AM, WoodenMarker said:

The Navis Evo ARGB 240 is a good alternative: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1445136/silentiumpc-navis-evo-argb-240.html

I'd just pick between whichever you think looks better. 

That product is not available in my country but I think I have made up my mind and i'm going for a cooler master AIO. The reason is, I only have 1 ARGB header on my motherboard I really need some sort of controller/hub to get all my argb working. The coolermaster masterliquid RGB series come with included controller/hub with passthrough for aura or other software so i can connect my CM case fans, radiator fans and pump also to aura. + they are cheaper than deepcool. :) 

On 9/21/2019 at 7:52 AM, Exaco said:

Only few months for now so pretty sure i can't talk much about reliability/lifespan, recently i also ordered Deepcool's x5 PWM RGB fans ( same that the AIO uses ) for like $40 that also comes with x2 hubs, they seem also really good for the price, in case you will get/have case without full set of fans they're probs best value set.

If you're curious about the fans thats its product code: DP-FRGB-RF120-5C, they even have x3 packages that costs even more for whatever reason, so this one is best bang for the buck.

Thanks for sharing that but like I said above, i think i'm going with coolermaster because of most compatibility in terms of connections. I know the deepcool coolers also connect to an ARGB header in the motherboard but then i would need a second ARG header, which i don't have, for my case fans from CM, because the CM fans can't connect to the hub that you get with a Deepcool RGB AIO. 

so thanks for your input guys. :) 

• 5 months later...
On 9/19/2019 at 8:47 AM, Exaco said:

How long have u been using it is it still any good?, I am planning to the get l120 v2