RTX 2070 Super Freeze

Conuput

Hi guys!

I need some help, so I recently (August 25th) upgraded my Grapihics Card from a R290x to a MSI Ventus RTX 2070 Super OC, I uninstalled my old Graphics Drivers with DDU, updated all of my drivers on my pc (which helped), but I keep getting a freeze when playing games, sometimes after 10 min sometimes after 2 hours or so, I tried to look up forums followed some threads which seemed to help postpone the crash but what happened before was my screen just turned black when playing Dota 2 but could still talk on Teamspeak with my friends, after updating the drivers, I no longer can do that and the game just freezes in its frame. My computer is relatively old, however, I'm not sure if it could be caused because of old hardware. If somebody would be kind enough to help me identify the problem I would really appreciate it! 

Here are my specs:

i7 4930k (no overclock)

DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 Kingston 16gb HyperX
WD Black 2TB

SSD Intel 530 240gb

Corsair Hydro H110i

Corsair AX860i

My Cpu Temps reach maximum of 45 degrees celsius and my GPU max 68 degrees celsius roughly. The only thing I see is maybe a system reinstall, but I'm not sure if it would stop random crashes, I also looked at task manager on my second screen and I've seen no spikes, only thing that I saw that was weird was that my HDD went into 90%-92% usage from 100%.

Thank you all!

Sincerely,

Sebastian

34 minutes ago, Conuput said:

Hi guys!

I need some help, so I recently (August 25th) upgraded my Grapihics Card from a R290x to a MSI Ventus RTX 2070 Super OC, I uninstalled my old Graphics Drivers with DDU, updated all of my drivers on my pc (which helped), but I keep getting a freeze when playing games, sometimes after 10 min sometimes after 2 hours or so, I tried to look up forums followed some threads which seemed to help postpone the crash but what happened before was my screen just turned black when playing Dota 2 but could still talk on Teamspeak with my friends, after updating the drivers, I no longer can do that and the game just freezes in its frame. My computer is relatively old, however, I'm not sure if it could be caused because of old hardware. If somebody would be kind enough to help me identify the problem I would really appreciate it! 

Here are my specs:

i7 4930k (no overclock)

DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 Kingston 16gb HyperX
WD Black 2TB

SSD Intel 530 240gb

Corsair Hydro H110i

Corsair AX860i

My Cpu Temps reach maximum of 45 degrees celsius and my GPU max 68 degrees celsius roughly. The only thing I see is maybe a system reinstall, but I'm not sure if it would stop random crashes, I also looked at task manager on my second screen and I've seen no spikes, only thing that I saw that was weird was that my HDD went into 90%-92% usage from 100%.

Thank you all!

Sincerely,

Sebastian

do hd tune disk check and check for bad sectors, looks like drive failure

10 hours ago, wojtepanik said:

do hd tune disk check and check for bad sectors, looks like drive failure

I did do one and I had both for my SSD and HDD all green, I also did Windows Memory Check thing but couldn't find any issues. I'm really not sure what it could be, a sudden freezee, should I try stress testing my GPU?

image.png