Hey Linus can I build a pc with you for your next vid

Dudiebug
Go to solution Solved by Tsuki,
17 minutes ago, TheUncannyScrub said:

Get near a star then burn up?

you'd probably die from cosmic radiation long before you burned up

I mean, it never hurts to try, but...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Shoot your shot kiddo.

Good Luck

GPU: RTX 3060Ti 8GB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz  

Mobo: B450M-K

Keyboard: Logitech G915

Mouse: Logitch G502 HERO Lightspeed

Audio: BeyerDynamic Tygr 300R

shoot for moon.  even if you land among the stars, you still miss.   or something like that

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Dudiebug said:

Why is everyone giving me lists of parts

That's just what this forum does.

We see people asking for a PC, so we inquire about a budget and suggest a Ryzen PCPartPicker list.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

That's just what this forum does.

We see people asking for a PC, so we inquire about a budget and suggest a Ryzen PCPartPicker list.

He's probably talking about the lists in everyone's signature.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Dudiebug said:

It’s shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars

i dont know, that doesn't quite sound right...

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Tsuki said:

i dont know, that doesn't quite sound right...

I think it's

"Shoot for the stars and even if you miss you'll splat against a moon"

:P

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

I think it's

"Shoot for the stars and even if you miss you'll splat against a moon"

:P

ah! thats it!

|Specs in profile|

Just now, Dudiebug said:

How has a lmg member not noticed this yet

Because they work and very few watch over the Forum.

Also, there are a lot of posts here.

You would be better off reaching out to bitwit or jay. I don't see linus really do any of this type of stuff.

It's a nice wish but I really don't see this happening with just about any big YouTuber unfortunately when contacting them out of the blue. If it's for a contest you might stand a chance but otherwise I just don't see it happening. Most things aren't impossible but just in the realm of probably not going to happen.

Who's going to pay to fly you and possibly a parent or guardian out there with you, put you in a hotel for a couple nights, get all the gear there, and then ship it all back?

Why should you out of the millions of other fans they have that probably want the same thing get chosen to build a PC with them?

Will you be able to get time out of school to do all of this?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

20 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Because they work and very few watch over the Forum.

Also, there are a lot of posts here.

@LinusTech is a very busy person with very busy person things to do.   he does occasionally come out of his kingdom and parlay with us rabble rousers, though infrequently.

|Specs in profile|

Just now, Tsuki said:

@LinusTech is a very busy person with very busy person things to do.   he does occasionally come out of his kingdom and parlay with us rabble rousers, though infrequently.

Its completely random more or less. Riley does stop by tho. Usually posting in the wrong section or some other shenanigans.

Just now, Dudiebug said:

Ok I’m just going to give up

Sounds like the clever thing to do.

Tho feel free to stick around on the forums. Creating news articles isnt a bad way to get mentioned in 1 sentance in the Wanshow 

7 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

@LinusTech is a very busy person with very busy person things to do. 

So naturally lets ping him (I know he has it disable but still... it made me giggle).

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)