Lawsuit against the German government, because NSA

This is my first news-report here on the forum, and I'm not fluently English, so bear that in mind.

The "Chaos Computer Club" (short: CCC) presses charges against the German government, the "Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution", the president of the Bundesnachrichtendienst (German secret service) and the Miltary Counterintelligence.

This happens because of the leaks that Snowden provided, it is certain that domestic and foreign secret services violate laws.

In particular they accuse the government and constitution protection of violating three laws:

- § 99 StGB (StGB: German criminal code): forbidden secret service agent activity

- § 201 StGB: violation of personal life and secret area

- § 258 StGB: obstruction of justice.

In addition to this, they also demand to be Snowden as witness with safe-conduct, as well as effective protection against extradiction to the U.S.

This is just a short summary. The source ist computerbase.de, in German of course.

I shared this with you, because, as far as I know, this is the first case that a government gets officialy accused of those things on the basis of the leaks.

What are your thoughts about this?

I'm actually thrilled.

Even if this lawsuit isn't going to penalize the parties involved in the German government, it will in all likelihood start an all-out war on other intelligence agencies all over the world by many groups.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo