display "informative" reactions instead of postcount

Ashley MLP Fangirl

i think we should start showing how many times a user recieved an "informative" reaction or made a post that got a "solved" mark instead of postcount. 

it will combat users posting a lot just because they can or posting inaccurate information. and it will help showcase how many times a user helps to solve a poblem. 

She/Her

Just now, Twilight said:

i think we should start showing how many times a user recieved an "informative" reaction

well... this technically is a thing already, but still

i'd love this though, if it's possible

A lot of people, due to a lack of a negative react, will use "funny" to indicate that they're laughing at someone's post, which if they really are disagreeing with them, is just giving them a positive reputation. I can think of some users specifically who have a higher rating due to saying a lot of bullshit and getting laughed at

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

A lot of people, due to a lack of a negative react, will use "funny" to indicate that they're laughing at someone's post, which if they really are disagreeing with them, is just giving them a positive reputation. I can think of some users specifically who have a higher rating due to saying a lot of bullshit and getting laughed at

To be fair, I've used the "Informative" reaction ironically as well. For example, on a thread where the post gives no information at all. 

You can also divide the reputation by the post count to calculate the junk speech ratio ;)

Just now, For Science! said:

You can also divide the reputation by the post count to calculate the junk speech ratio ;)

Doesn't quite work though, as Off-Topic doesn't give post counts but a lot of threads have users that use the react feature a lot. 

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

Hmm, i wonder if there are some specific users that sparked this debate. ?

i won't name any names, but it will help with users who are trolling or spreading misinformation. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, Twilight said:

i won't name any names, but it will help with users who are trolling or spreading misinformation. 

I agree. There are also some users who spam the forum, they reply to any topic, even if they have no idea about the topic at hand, and just post totally unhelpful comments because of it. They may have joined less than a year ago, but they may already have more posts than even you, and if that is true it may be a bit spammy.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Too bad this idea requires people actually mark their topics as solved, which they very rarely do, and policing that to make sure people do so is quite honestly a waste of time.

Good idea on paper, awful in execution.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

5 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Too bad this idea requires people actually mark their topics as solved, which they very rarely do, and policing that to make sure people do so is quite honestly a waste of time.

Good idea on paper, awful in execution.

Not to mention I sometimes use the informative reaction sarcastically, aka it's surprising to know someone believes something so dumb. So this'd inadvertently censor we sarcastic bitches... ?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I'm not sure what difference this would make to be honest. Post count isn't a perfect metric, but it does only count posts in the tech-related sections of the forum. Displaying the number of informative reactions would give an indication of how often people thought someone was informative, but it can be very easily affected by a few posts that get a large number of reactions and isn't restricted to tech (informative reactions in status updates and off topic would count towards it, and that isn't something that could be changed).

It is an interesting idea, but I'm not certain that it would be a change entirely for the better.

HTTP/2 203