Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

im looking to buy a cpu for my gaming rig, I already had a ryzen 5  2600 but sold it for a profit to a friend of mine

I have 2X8 gb DDR4 2400MHZ ram and an ASROCK B450M PRO4 and my trusty old GTX 780

IM considering lower end options because of the bottlenecks I had with my ryzn 5 using the GTX 780 and im not 

planning to upgrade it

I play PUBG,R6,MORDHAU and more games but nothing too AAA

im trying to save as much as possible so is it worth getting the ryzen 3 1200 or should I pay extra for the R3 2200g

I have no problem OCing and I have brave heart in doing so ;D

English is my second language so sorry for mistakes

Thanks, :)

3 minutes ago, Noob1337 said:

Hello everyone,

im looking to buy a cpu for my gaming rig, I already had a ryzen 5  2600 but sold it for a profit to a friend of mine

I have 2X8 gb DDR4 2400MHZ ram and an ASROCK B450M PRO4 and my trusty old GTX 780

IM considering lower end options because of the bottlenecks I had with my ryzn 5 using the GTX 780 and im not 

planning to upgrade it

I play PUBG,R6,MORDHAU and more games but nothing too AAA

im trying to save as much as possible so is it worth getting the ryzen 3 1200 or should I pay extra for the R3 2200g

I have no problem OCing and I have brave heart in doing so ;D

English is my second language so sorry for mistakes

Thanks, :)

The Ryzen 3 2200g is just the Ryzen 3 1200 with integrated graphics. Seeing as you don’t need integrated graphics, you’d be fine with the Ryzen 3 1200 

Spoiler

Main Rig: 

AMD Athlon II X4 650 at 3.1GHz [4 cores, 4 threads] 

Foxconn Alvorix RS-880-uATX

Radeon HD 4200 iGPU

2x4GB Generic 1600MHz DDR3

Seagate Firecuda 2TB 

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Corsair CX500 (move along...)

HP Pavilion Case

Windows 10 Home, Pop! OS and Linux Mint 64-Bit

32 Inch Samsung TV 1366 by 768 60Hz

Spoiler

Laptop #1

HP G56

Celeron 900 at 2.2GHz

Intel 4500MHD 

2x2GB Generic 800MHz DDR2

120GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Linux Mint 64-Bit 

Spoiler

Consoles:

Nintendo Switch 32GB Red/Blue Joy-Cons HAC 001-01 (The revision with better battery life) 

Original PS4 500GB Matte Black (With 2TB WD Elements External Hard Drive) 

Spoiler

Mobile Devices:

iPad Air 2 64GB Space Grey [running iPadOS 13.1]

iPhone 11 64GB (Product) Red [iOS 13.1]

ok, maybe I use night theme a little

4 minutes ago, Noob1337 said:

planning to upgrade it

that will only yeild worse performance than you were previously getting

if you sold your cpu for a profit you could buy the same cpu again and still have money left over

1 minute ago, emosun said:

that will only yeild worse performance than you were previously getting

if you sold your cpu for a profit you could buy the same cpu again and still have money left over

I was very pleased with the performance, But the CPU wasn't even being utilized over 20 percent and all I do is gaming...

that's why I'm looking to get things that is on par with my GPU performance.

or I hope so atleast

3 minutes ago, Noob1337 said:

Do you think it will bottleneck the GPU?? I play on 900p

Depends on the frame rate target and what games you play. The 1200 is a low end CPU and the 780 is a low end GPU, they'd go well together generally 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Noob1337 said:

I was very pleased with the performance, But the CPU wasn't even being utilized over 20 percent and all I do is gaming...

that's why I'm looking to get things that is on par with my GPU performance.

or I hope so atleast

your cpu processes everything that isn't video games as well. buying a decent cpu vs a cheap one means you can use it longer for every task that isn't gaming including just browsing the internet or eventually playing games that might release on a date after today.

I'm willing to bet there was a time when you didn't play the games you currently do , which can very easily happen again.

9 minutes ago, Noob1337 said:

Do you think it will bottleneck the GPU?? I play on 900p

always depends on settings&game. Generally, the lower the resolution and graphics detail, the more cpu bound is the performance. Whereas going 1440p-4k with very high graphics, you'll see less difference between cpu-s, and performance will mostly be affected by GPU.

as for your original question: I'd get 2200G. A slightly improved version of 1200, with better clock speeds and better memory-compatibility, and, better re-sale value due to its IGP (which is a nice thing to have, if you'd go without GPU for a little while due to purchasing-selling or some such thing.)

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )