R3 1200 vs R3 2200G

Noob1337

Hello everyone,

im looking to buy a cpu for my gaming rig, I already had a ryzen 5  2600 but sold it for a profit to a friend of mine

I have 2X8 gb DDR4 2400MHZ ram and an ASROCK B450M PRO4 and my trusty old GTX 780

IM considering lower end options because of the bottlenecks I had with my ryzn 5 using the GTX 780 and im not 

planning to upgrade it

I play PUBG,R6,MORDHAU and more games but nothing too AAA

im trying to save as much as possible so is it worth getting the ryzen 3 1200 or should I pay extra for the R3 2200g

I have no problem OCing and I have brave heart in doing so ;D

English is my second language so sorry for mistakes

Thanks, :)

3 minutes ago, Noob1337 said:

Hello everyone,

im looking to buy a cpu for my gaming rig, I already had a ryzen 5  2600 but sold it for a profit to a friend of mine

I have 2X8 gb DDR4 2400MHZ ram and an ASROCK B450M PRO4 and my trusty old GTX 780

IM considering lower end options because of the bottlenecks I had with my ryzn 5 using the GTX 780 and im not 

planning to upgrade it

I play PUBG,R6,MORDHAU and more games but nothing too AAA

im trying to save as much as possible so is it worth getting the ryzen 3 1200 or should I pay extra for the R3 2200g

I have no problem OCing and I have brave heart in doing so ;D

English is my second language so sorry for mistakes

Thanks, :)

The Ryzen 3 2200g is just the Ryzen 3 1200 with integrated graphics. Seeing as you don’t need integrated graphics, you’d be fine with the Ryzen 3 1200 

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

4 minutes ago, Noob1337 said:

planning to upgrade it

that will only yeild worse performance than you were previously getting

if you sold your cpu for a profit you could buy the same cpu again and still have money left over

1 minute ago, emosun said:

that will only yeild worse performance than you were previously getting

if you sold your cpu for a profit you could buy the same cpu again and still have money left over

I was very pleased with the performance, But the CPU wasn't even being utilized over 20 percent and all I do is gaming...

that's why I'm looking to get things that is on par with my GPU performance.

or I hope so atleast

3 minutes ago, Noob1337 said:

Do you think it will bottleneck the GPU?? I play on 900p

Depends on the frame rate target and what games you play. The 1200 is a low end CPU and the 780 is a low end GPU, they'd go well together generally 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Noob1337 said:

I was very pleased with the performance, But the CPU wasn't even being utilized over 20 percent and all I do is gaming...

that's why I'm looking to get things that is on par with my GPU performance.

or I hope so atleast

your cpu processes everything that isn't video games as well. buying a decent cpu vs a cheap one means you can use it longer for every task that isn't gaming including just browsing the internet or eventually playing games that might release on a date after today.

I'm willing to bet there was a time when you didn't play the games you currently do , which can very easily happen again.

9 minutes ago, Noob1337 said:

Do you think it will bottleneck the GPU?? I play on 900p

always depends on settings&game. Generally, the lower the resolution and graphics detail, the more cpu bound is the performance. Whereas going 1440p-4k with very high graphics, you'll see less difference between cpu-s, and performance will mostly be affected by GPU.

as for your original question: I'd get 2200G. A slightly improved version of 1200, with better clock speeds and better memory-compatibility, and, better re-sale value due to its IGP (which is a nice thing to have, if you'd go without GPU for a little while due to purchasing-selling or some such thing.)

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )