Do I need to uninstall my old GPU drivers?

Hamface55

I will be getting a 2060 today. Should I uninstall the drivers for the old GPU with DDU? My old card is the 1060 so they are both nvidia cards. Can I just use geforce experience to update the drivers of the 2060 and not worry about uninstalling anything? I have not upgraded my GPU in years so I am not really sure honestly.

You don't NEED to, but it probably won't hurt if you don't, if they aren't updated just do that with the fresh/clean(?) install option and that's usually enough. If you have issues then you can fuck with the DDU process.

Just now, Labeled said:

You don't NEED to, but it probably won't hurt if you don't, if they aren't updated just do that with the fresh/clean(?) install option and that's usually enough. If you have issues then you can fuck with the DDU process.

Thanks B!

I upgraded from 1070ti to 2070super....

I didn't do DDU and it worked fine but 3D Mark was a little bit lower for a 2070 super

so did a DDU and it the score where better.

so i would just do a DDU and install the latest drivers.

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

Just have geforce experience installed if it does find missing drivers it will tell you to install new ones most of the time you usually don't even need to