Seasonic S12II 430w for a R5 2400G build

Go to solution Solved by astranger200,
7 minutes ago, Intekss said:

I was told that is a bad unit, outdated design, shouldn't use it with modern component or for a gaming rig, etc so idk.

and sorry for not explaining things clearly.

they are an older design and do have some downfalls but overall are ok quality and I havent seen too many people having issues with them. for a low powered apu build its fine

Is from my main PC and idk what to do with it so i was thinking reusing it for an APU build.

11 minutes ago, Intekss said:

Is from my main PC and idk what to do with it so i was thinking reusing it for an APU build.

im missing the point of this post?!? it will work fine if thats what you are asking

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

As Long As The PSU Is Fine, It Should Be Perfectly Able To Handle The Ryzen 5 2400g And Motherboard Etc.

Just Be Careful If You Choose To Add A Gpu Later Down The Line, You Always Want To Have 100W~ Headroom Just Incase. However For Just An Apu It Will Be Perfectly Fine.

I hope that I was able to help 🙂

10 minutes ago, astranger200 said:

im missing the point of this post?!? it will work fine if thats what you are asking

I was told that is a bad unit, outdated design, shouldn't use it with modern component or for a gaming rig, etc so idk.

7 minutes ago, Intekss said:

they are an older design and do have some downfalls but overall are ok quality and I havent seen too many people having issues with them. for a low powered apu build its fine

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

3 minutes ago, astranger200 said:

Thanks, much appreciated.

I run a pretty similar PSU myself and am able to power a GTX 960 from it along with a Haswell i5. Not exactly power hungry hardware by 2015 standards. A Ryzen APU should certainly draw quite a lot less. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I run a pretty similar PSU myself and am able to power a GTX 960 from it along with a Haswell i5. Not exactly power hungry hardware by 2015 standards. A Ryzen APU should certainly draw quite a lot less. 

i was using it with an OCed x3440 and r9 370x (similar to r9 270x)for couple year...