The CHEAPEST 144Hz Gaming Monitors on Amazon!

James

Hopefully after I start up warehouse work with all the overtime I'll get I'll be able to afford one.

11 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Link takes me to Newegg not Amazon

fixed, thanks

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

That picture of Linus in the thumbnail looks kind of like zuckerbot's more charismatic cousin

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Best part of the video is at 7:10, while unboxing the second monitor from center !

looks like tearing the monitor in half, funny marketing

None of them are particularly good tbh.

However right form the get go I dismissed the VA monitor even before seeing the results.

At that price there was no way that a VA panel monitor would have anywhere near the required pixel response to handle 144hz, even top of the line models dont.

The cheapo Chinese TN panel ..thats a no go.

The best bet imo, was the LG.

Im not surprised in the results tbh.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

If you aren't gaming, is there a point to a 144hz monitor?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Dear Linus/group,

I love you but you fucked up. I have the same Sceptre monitor and can confirm that it will accept input up to 240hz but it will frameskip even at 145hz, even with disabling and enabling overdrive and freesync. This was tested with the testufo frameskip test and a 240fps camera. I either have really shitty luck and have a panel that can't even overclock by 1 hz or this is way more likely a software limitation which...should apply to all monitors of the same model running the same firmware. I am running firmware version M001 product version RE8JF9KA. Linus will forever be shamed for not being able to tell the difference between 240hz and 144hz, the world is over.

Linus,

Why didn't you review the Pixio PXC243 or even better PXC273? They are on budget, and I've seen good reviews to the Pixio brand. They are kind of new on the market, I think. I need to know about them from you personal perspective or some one else in the Linus Media group, please.

Also, as a critic to the video. I think one of the main point of it was to test if they where G-sync compatibles as well. If you did, it wasn't obvious at all. I didn't notice it.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:52 PM, James said:

Buy Cheap 144Hz Monitors on Amazon: https://geni.us/6C9XU

We bought the three cheapest 1080P 144Hz monitors on Amazon.com and compared them to find the best value display for gamers in 2019.

https://youtu.be/76KPzzMccjM 

wow those prices are insane...too bad 1080p is a thing of the past tho....now if they were 1440p may be a bit more interesting lol

Hello guys,
I was thinking of buying a new monitor because im a programmer and it feels like my monitor isnt very good, its an old philips one.

I occasionally play games, 1-2h a day, but i mostly spend my day reading and writing code.

Would you recommend me to buy a 144hz monitor or something else?

16 hours ago, Am4teur said:

Would you recommend me to buy a 144hz monitor or something else?

You spend 365-730 hours a year playing games, and a monitor should last at least 5 years. During that time you will have spent at least 1825 hours (1 hr a day * 365 days * 5) gaming. There's plenty of 144hz monitors out there that cost $185. It is 100% worth it to spend 10 cents an hour for a 144hz experience.

On 9/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, xreaperx22 said:

wow those prices are insane...too bad 1080p is a thing of the past tho....now if they were 1440p may be a bit more interesting lol

We filmed a video yesterday on this topic ;)

Linus,

Looking to buy a new 144hz monitor. I’m thinking about Pixio PXC243 or LG 24GL600F-B. Hope you review the Pixio one soon.

• 6 months later...