I am currently running the following setup:

Intel i7-2600K

Asus P8P67 Pro

16GB DDR3 Ram

GTX1060 3GB

120GB SSD
2TB Storage
Please see attached log file for all other info about my pc

I generally play first person shooter games like CS:GO, Overwatch and TF2 or some adventure games or MMORPG's

I don't tend to go whole hog, 

I also like to stream my nintendo switch gameplay using Xsplit and an avermedia capture card.

I am looking to get an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X with 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz ram, but I don't know whether to go for an X570 motherboard or a B450.

The only reason I am currently looking to upgrade is over the past 2 months my computer has started to show signs of failure, I got a blue screen whilst streaming netflix earlier today; 2 weeks ago my old GFX card (GTX770) failed and kept freezing as soon as the driver would load on windows, I took my computer apart and gave it a good clean up along with reapplying thermal paste for the CPU but this evening it continues to stutter and such even doing mundane tasks like writing this post.

Do you think with my use case I need the x570 or will the B450 be adequate?

Thank you kindly for all advice.

-Chalkie

PC.LOG

B450 will work great so long as the bios can be updated. Most motherboards from msi should work. Also get a regular 3600, overclock, and performance will be nearly identical to the 3600x

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

2 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

B450 will work great so long as the bios can be updated. Most motherboards from msi should work. Also get a regular 3600, overclock, and performance will be nearly identical to the 3600x

Depending on the price, the 3600X can make sense - it comes with a better cooler and just using PBO makes it faster than any manual OC.

My local pc shop is doing the 3600x for the same price as the 3600 if you buy with mobo and minimum 16gb ram so hence why I'm getting the 3600x :)