Genius SW-HF 5.1 4500 possible surround sound?

frozensun

I'm thinking about buying these speakers but saw on yt that output is only with one 3.5 mm audio jack (green one).

I'm not an expert in this but I suppose that this set can't give true 5.1 surround sound over one 3.5mm jack.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

cant find it in english BUT looking at pictures it looks like its rca's for surround input...so coming from a computer youd need 3 x 3.5mm to rca cables....the 3.5 input is for hooking up like a phone or ipod type stuff

then theres 2 more sets of rca for stereo coming from 2 other devices

look at this unboxing he shows you the back where the connectors are at 8:10ish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwHatRwYdGU

yeah but if I buy the cables will I have true 5.1 surround sound?

This product isn't listed ontheir webpage,probably something is not okay,and I don't see that PC is supported with these speakers.

So literally it's tricky to buy and use them for PC.

I see only one 3.5mm jack,and I need to know playing music over this jack on PC can I have sound on all speakers?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

2 hours ago, frozensun said:

yeah but if I buy the cables will I have true 5.1 surround sound?

This product isn't listed ontheir webpage,probably something is not okay,and I don't see that PC is supported with these speakers.

So literally it's tricky to buy and use them for PC.

I see only one 3.5mm jack,and I need to know playing music over this jack on PC can I have sound on all speakers?

one 3.5 jack?? on your pc?

your pc has 3.5mm jacks for sound. it needs the blue, black, orange plugs on the motherboard for surround.

if your motherboard only has blue, green and pink then no i dont think it will work the green is only stereo no way to do surround without 2 more sound jacks

so if you do have the right 3.5mm sound jacks on the motherboard then yes 3 3.5mm to rca cables will work on that speaker set up.

this cable x 3 is what you need to connect a pc to those speakers if you have the jacks on your computer
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-Stereo/dp/B01D5H8KO2/ref=sxin_2_pb?crid=C3PW0DANOUCA&keywords=3.5mm+to+rca+cable&pd_rd_i=B01D5H8KO2&pd_rd_r=f194c9cf-8de0-450e-9e5e-a967b2a3da0f&pd_rd_w=zFL6d&pd_rd_wg=mqAt3&pf_rd_p=9ef0c97a-254b-445c-822b-c948e2d94ddd&pf_rd_r=EH9NMA0Z24637CNKCJ29&qid=1567716199&s=gateway&sprefix=3.5mm+to+rca%2Caps%2C242

what motherboard is in your computer? if its a premade then what make and model?

Not motherboard my friend.These speakers have only one 3.5 audio jack (green one).

I don't care that much about surround,I just need to know if I will have audio on all speakers via 3.5mm output jack on speakers?

11 hours ago, frozensun said:

Not motherboard my friend.These speakers have only one 3.5 audio jack (green one).

I don't care that much about surround,I just need to know if I will have audio on all speakers via 3.5mm output jack on speakers?

omg NO THEY DONT. they use rca's for input(6rca for surround and 2 pair rca for other stereo devices). and have 1 3.5 jack (in the front) for other things like phone, ipod, laptop

and no that one 3.5 it does have is for stereo input so usually only 2 speakers will work and maybe sub if its designed that way... so no all speakers usually will not work with a 3.5mm. UNLESS there's a setting on there to allow all speakers, so on that who knows. i cant find anything on how it plays using a 3.5 jack (people usually dont buy something like this just for a secondary connector like a 3.5)

A friend of mine told me probably will work,because amplifier was designed so.

But I'm not so sure about that.

So these speakers are not designed for PC literally huh?

why the hell then would they include just one stereo jack if via that jack spekers don't offer 5.1 sound?

Are you positive sure that over 3.5mm jack (green one) they offer only stereo (2 speakers) sound?

On 9/2/2019 at 12:27 PM, frozensun said:

I'm thinking about buying these speakers but saw on yt that output is only with one 3.5 mm audio jack (green one).

I'm not an expert in this but I suppose that this set can't give true 5.1 surround sound over one 3.5mm jack.

Correct me if I am wrong.

So others have tried to explain this, but let me see if I can make it clear. First, I found this random product guide for it online:

https://www.softcom.cz/eshop/img.asp?attid=1433961

The speakers have Six (6) RCA connectors for Surround Sound input:

1x Front Left

1x Front Right

1x Side Left

1x Side Right

1x Centre

1x Sub

They have a 3.5mm Aux port as well, but that's for plugging in stuff like a phone to play some music. The vast majority of cheap speaker sets with an Aux port will only play 2.0 stereo through it, unless it has some sort of virtual surround matrix mode - which is a mode that can be switched on and off.

12 hours ago, frozensun said:

A friend of mine told me probably will work,because amplifier was designed so.

But I'm not so sure about that.

I would not assume that at all. Don't know why your friend would. Consider this: Wouldn't you be annoyed if you couldn't turn off said virtual surround mode?

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

So these speakers are not designed for PC literally huh?

No, but they can easily still work, assuming your motherboard (or separate sound card) has 3.5mm surround outputs (3 of them).

why the hell then would they include just one stereo jack if via that jack spekers don't offer 5.1 sound?

Because that's literally standard procedure on just about every 5.1 surround set ever? A lot of more expensive sets will have optional virtual surround sound matrixing, as I alluded to above.

Are you positive sure that over 3.5mm jack (green one) they offer only stereo (2 speakers) sound?

Yes. A single standard 3.5mm jack is called a TRS jack - that stands for Tip, Ring, and Sleeve.

1334321103_TRScable.jpg.5335364ea9912d41d99a3bf55b5538af.jpg

A TRS has 3 contacts - one for ground, one for Left-Channel, one for Right-Channel.

For surround sound on a PC Motherboard or Sound Card, it goes like this:

Green - Ground, Front Left, Front Right

Black (or Grey): Ground, Side Left, Side Right

Orange: Ground, Sub, Centre

So to get 5.1, you need 3x 3.5mm cables - a single 3.5mm cable is literally incapable of transmitting a true 5.1 signal, since it can only transit 2 channels (out of 6), since one of the contacts always needs to be ground, and the other 2 can be used for audio channels.

Now, some 5.1 speaker sets will take a Stereo 2-channel signal (via a single 3.5mm connection), and virtually create a 5.1 output. This is "fake" 5.1, and is not a feature on every 5.1 set.

Do you understand now?

EDIT: How to make that speaker set work with a PC:

You need 3 of these:

61IDd39TKkL._SY355_.jpg

Plug the 3.5mm end into the Green, Black, and Orange ports on your motherboard or sound card. Plug the RCA sides into the back of the speaker set.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

But as you can see on the link you gave me

3 RCA to 3.5mm cables are icnluded in the box as mentioned above in the link.

But I saw on yt unboxing,there are no those cables hmm...

Thank you my friend anyway.

So basically buying those 3 cables will give me sound on all 5.1 speakers?

I don't care about surround sound since I need them just to play mp3 music.

33 minutes ago, frozensun said:

But as you can see on the link you gave me

3 RCA to 3.5mm cables are icnluded in the box as mentioned above in the link.

But I saw on yt unboxing,there are no those cables hmm...

Thank you my friend anyway.

So basically buying those 3 cables will give me sound on all 5.1 speakers?

I don't care about surround sound since I need them just to play mp3 music.

yea it looks like it comes with the cables needed. if not the yea you need to get them for 5.1.

but you need to understand...even with 5.1. music (mp3's) is in stereo..you will get the front 2 speakers and most likely the sub unless you switch the sound in the computers sound options to simulate surround to use all speakers.

i mean in all honesty if all you want to do is play music and dont care about 5.1 surround then why are you trying to buy some...just get a good pair of monitor speakers or a 2.1 sound set up