Budget ideas for upgrading my pc

Stolfi

I hobbled together a pc from used parts I grabbed on Craigslist. I spent about 100 and have a pc with a haswell based pentium, 8gb of ram and a gtx275. Money is an issue for me. I haven’t run anything that has bottle necked the cpu but the gpu sucks. I have 80-100 to spend on upgrades what should I get?

RX 470 or 570 from eBay for the time being, then look for an i5 4570 or something later on, maybe an i7 4700 if you find a good deal. What specific power supply do you have?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

A couple of quick questions:

Which PSU do you have?

What use are you looking for (I'm assuming gaming)?

I'd be tempted to go in the following order, assuming your PSU is garbage:

RAM - Another 8GB

PSU - See the mast PSU list in the case/PSU forum

GPU - Look somewhere in the region of used RX 570/580

Okay, that's pretty much as expected/feared.

As far as noticable upgrades go, look to buy 16GB of DDR3-1600 RAM (Assuming you don't have the enthusiast CPUs that begin with a 5). I made a similar upgrade on my old i7-4790 machine and it's definitely something you'll feel the benefit of.

Before looking to upgrade the CPU, I'd potentially look at getting a new PSU. A bad PSU can cause untold damage to a system, so look to invest ina  good one if you're looking for longevity from your system

• 2 weeks later...

I just found a 650 watt delta psu from a Lenovo machine. Hopefully that will be a good upgrade