A portable blender manufacturer using Apple laptops to explain power consumption

Came across this Facebook post where a portable blender manufacturer uses apple laptops power consumption to explain wattage to one of its customers. 

Customer: How many watts? It does not mention in the description

Manufacturer: It's peak wattage is close to 100 watts. It's similar to how a new Apple laptop running at 85 watt is as fast as a big desktop computer running at a 1500 watts

I wonder how BIG (or old) of a desktop shall it be to consume that much power and still is just as fast as the new Apple laptops?

Link to the Facebook post

Screenshot_20190901-122432_01.png

That's... an odd analogy.

I suppose someone might ask if they don't want to trip a breaker, but I imagine most people aren't running a blender and a Pizza oven from the same circuit.

2 hours ago, Kisai said:

That's... an odd analogy.

I suppose someone might ask if they don't want to trip a breaker, but I imagine most people aren't running a blender and a Pizza oven from the same circuit.

It's marketing wank. They are trying to infer that there little battery operated blender is as powerful as a big wall power model. I think they are normally advertised as around 1500w

Watts are commonly used as a measure of a motors power.   

What? A 1500W desktop PC would wipe its ass with an apple laptop... It's not even a fair comparison at all. Unless it's from like, 15 years ago.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

What? A 1500W desktop PC would wipe its ass with an apple laptop... It's not even a fair comparison at all. Unless it's from like, 15 years ago.

Even then it's going to be dual, or even quad socket with at least 4 core processors, plenty of RAM and god knows what else inside to pull 1500w. Even if it is lower performing on paper, it's going to easily maintain that same performance under 24/7 full load where as an Apple laptop will throttle as soon as you ask it to do anything.

I for one would like to know the secret to Apples 1500% energy efficiency advantage over other manufacturers.

They out here living in 2030 while we're stuck in 2019.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

I mean you just need like 1000000000 hard drives and anything can.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

6 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

I for one would like to know the secret to Apples 1500% energy efficiency advantage over other manufacturers.

They out here living in 2030 while we're stuck in 2019.

The secret is it's Apple. Everything they do is perfect. Always has been and always will be. 

And if you don't agree... Well then you don't understand what it is to be a true Apple user.

Also you're now banned from Apple.

When it comes to Blenders and Apple there is only one choice:

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 9/1/2019 at 2:55 AM, Kisai said:

I suppose someone might ask if they don't want to trip a breaker

or if they are running off grid solar. always nice to know how much you expect to drain while making a smoothie.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Blendjet is a complete scam.

I applaud them for their excellent comparison to Apple - also a scam.

There is no way that laptops will ever be faster than desktops. Desktops can simply dissipate any heat generated far more efficiently.

System

• CPU
    Xeon E3 1240V2
  • RAM
    8GB DDR3
  • GPU
    HP OEM RX460
  • Case
    Dell T1650 Case
  • Storage
    250GB FAKE SAMSUNG SSD, 160GB 7200RPM HDD
  • PSU