FanControl, my take on a SpeedFan replacement

Would there be a way to have CPU load or GPU load control fan speed, maybe with a heavier dose of hysteresis? That might be beneficial for someone with a water cooling loop who wants to get a jump on temperature rise during a CPU heavy work load to keep the loop temps down rather than chasing the temp rise with their fan speed.

11 hours ago, Bitter said:

Would there be a way to have CPU load or GPU load control fan speed, maybe with a heavier dose of hysteresis? That might be beneficial for someone with a water cooling loop who wants to get a jump on temperature rise during a CPU heavy work load to keep the loop temps down rather than chasing the temp rise with their fan speed.

That would add a level of indirection to the whole process, which in a feedback command loop like here, is bad. Even though load and temperature are closely related, ultimately, you're trying to control temperatures, not load. Furthermore, since load % can be erratic, you would have to add a ridiculous amount of smoothing to make it somewhat tolerable, which would defeat the original purpose to get a jump on the temperature change. 

It doesn't work with ASUS B350-F unfortunately :(

Intel I7-10700KF stock - Noctua NH-D15 - A15+A12x25 

Micron Ballistix Sport LT 4133MHz CL17-21-21-40 @1.45v

GIGABYTE AORUS 3090 Xtreme 1905MHz@0.919v/2010MHz@1.063v +900/750 memory clock

Seasonic PX-1000

Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh 

1 hour ago, Rem0o said:

That would add a level of indirection to the whole process, which in a feedback command loop like here, is bad. Even though load and temperature are closely related, ultimately, you're trying to control temperatures, not load. Furthermore, since load % can be erratic, you would have to add a ridiculous amount of smoothing to make it somewhat tolerable, which would defeat the original purpose to get a jump on the temperature change. 

Makes sense.

New feature: Fan curve offset

Pretty self explanatory, useful when one of your fans have different max RPMs.

Also unplugged the UI when the window is closed, should result in lower CPU usage.

image.png.aa2300f607ec47fe919aa10a8d8e2bb6.png

Bugfix

Fixed annoying bug where at startup the fans would "sweep" from 0% or 100% to the target level.

So if I'm seeing a blank fan list, it's actually bad sign right? AsRock x570 ITX\TB3
Runs as administraor btw
image.png.b08d4117bf3900f3c96656f1e76a8407.pngt

41 minutes ago, lromixl said:

So if I'm seeing a blank fan list, it's actually bad sign right? AsRock x570 ITX\TB3
Runs as administraor btw

Yes, but look in your DMs, might have a fix.

Bugfix

Fixed a bug where some AMD GPU temperature shouldn't show up

Ooh, actually pretty excited about this. I will try it out on my computer when I get home!

Gaming PC

CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: EVGA 2060 Super XC Ultra Gaming MB: MSI Prestige X570 Creation 

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 NVME: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Gold 1000w Case: Corsair 680X RGB Black

NAS/Media Box

CPU: Ryzen 3200G  MB: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 M.2: WD Blue 500 GB

PSU: Rosewill Photon 850W 80+ Gold Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo

On 2/25/2020 at 7:54 AM, LaughingHyena said:

Ooh, actually pretty excited about this. I will try it out on my computer when I get home!

Tell me how it goes!

10 hours ago, Bitter said:

For the less technically inclined of us, what's the short of this?

Lots of refactor and support for new SuperIO chips, like IT8655 which I think is used on some B350 boards I've come accross.

2 hours ago, Rem0o said:

Lots of refactor and support for new SuperIO chips, like IT8655 which I think is used on some B350 boards I've come accross.

Awesome! Might work with my x470!

Thanks for coming up with an alternative for us with terrible motherboard software! Unfortunately it appears it doesn't work on my gigabyte x570 aorus master :(

It's showing the fan speeds, but the only thing under "fan controls" is my 2080ti GPU, which ironically doesn't have a fan speed shown. When I go to create a curve, all the temperature sensors appear at least. Just need help figuring out the control portion. Sad that it seems like no motherboard manufacturer thinks anyone would want to control fans by GPU temp

Hi, I just registered here to thank you for your work on this nice software. It is a superb alternative to speedfan which gets blocked nowadays by many anticheat software. :( Please keep up your work and if you not already made this opensource please do it. :)

Im using it on an asus maximus ranger VIII and it works like a charm.

it`s awesome!!! BUT i can`t boot at startup.AND i cann`t open it after i exit once or reboot the system, i have to delete the user config then it can open,but my settings are gone , what should i do?thank you 

2 hours ago, puuuup said:

it`s awesome!!! BUT i can`t boot at startup.AND i cann`t open it after i exit once or reboot the system, i have to delete the user config then it can open,but my settings are gone , what should i do?thank you 

The app doesn't even appear in the bottom right tray? If so:
1) Open the app 

2) Three dot menu => save config

3) Send me the userConfig.json in dm

There has to be something weird in the serialization process ?

6分钟前,Rem0o说:

该应用程序甚至都没有出现在右下角的托盘中?如果是这样:
1)打开应用 

2)三点菜单=>保存配置

3)将dm中的userConfig.json发送给我

序列化过程中一定有些奇怪 ?

i download the old version, it can open again,but still can`t boot at startup and i already add it to the startup folder

userConfig.json

Hi @Rem0o - In the spirit of using FOSS, will you provide your source code for this project?  This would be a great feature to merge into LibreHardwareMonitor.

7 hours ago, banjoButtons said:

Hi @Rem0o - In the spirit of using FOSS, will you provide your source code for this project?  This would be a great feature to merge into LibreHardwareMonitor.

Look into your DMs.

More motherboard sensor values read correctly which is an improvement for my Asus X470, but I still have no board fan controls. Getting closer though, one of these days it'll work!

It's been working great for me, aside losing the settings a couple times after rebooting, which I wasn't able to reproduce.

I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way for me to have the VRM temperature recognized in LibreHardwareMonitor..

HWiNFO, HWMonitor and SpeedFan can read it correctly, but it seems that both LHM and OHM skip that specific reading.

FanControlTemp.png.5768af9e587ac83515328f4d25aacb6c.png

It reads everything else but the #4 temperature, which is my VRM.

My motherboard is an ASUS Z97-PRO GAMER (Nuvoton NCT6791D), if that helps..

3 hours ago, Lupo said:

It's been working great for me, aside losing the settings a couple times after rebooting, which I wasn't able to reproduce.

I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way for me to have the VRM temperature recognized in LibreHardwareMonitor..

HWiNFO, HWMonitor and SpeedFan can read it correctly, but it seems that both LHM and OHM skip that specific reading.

FanControlTemp.png.5768af9e587ac83515328f4d25aacb6c.png

It reads everything else but the #4 temperature, which is my VRM.

My motherboard is an ASUS Z97-PRO GAMER (Nuvoton NCT6791D), if that helps..

Same skipped reading with my Asus Z87 ITX board as well which was a bummer because I have a fan just for the VRM riser that I wanted keyed to temp, not a big deal tho.