FanControl, my take on a SpeedFan replacement

Does anyone here have any experience with 11th gen Intel? Or the gigabyte Z590 boards? I have looked into lots of workarounds, and cannot get anything besides a GPU to show up. I have HWinfo displaying everything. The plugin adds the fans to the fan section of fan control. but the only Control items i have are for the two fan headers on my GPU. Also of note, My temperature sensors show up under the temperature curve items. I can see almost all of my parts, my cpu, my gpu, and my drives, no Mobo sensors though. No controls for anything besides GPU. Halp??!!?

Edit. Also, opening Libre shows all of my hardware. If that makes a difference.

Also, 

Thank you Remi!

You have created an awesome tool. 

Confirmed working on my previous setup. 

I9-9900k

MSI MPG Z390m motherboard

Gigabyte windforce 2080ti

This tool is amazing. Especially if you custom cool your GPU. I had (2) Noctua industrial 120mm fans, hooked to my Mobo headers, and Fancontrol helped me make that thing ice cold.  

Free fan control software (tag for googling sake)

This software is awesome! It's everything I imagined could be done for fan control, and more. I donated $10, its worth at least that much. The fan control software that gigabyte provides for their motherboards is hot trash. I really love that I can tie my case fan speeds to my GPU temp, really keeps the noise down when im not gaming.

hi guys

one question plz .

i have a problem with the program, where i cant run 3 of my fans at low rpm. it cant go lower than 900rpm !! however, with bios i can easily achieve 500rpm .

i couldve just use the bios, but i love the flexibility of this software.

is there anything i can try ??

On 9/22/2021 at 2:43 PM, agent z said:

hi guys

one question plz .

i have a problem with the program, where i cant run 3 of my fans at low rpm. it cant go lower than 900rpm !! however, with bios i can easily achieve 500rpm .

i couldve just use the bios, but i love the flexibility of this software.

is there anything i can try ??

Have you tried setting the fan to "Manual" and reducing start and stop percentages to 0%?
Is there any software running that could try to control the fans at the same time? 

Hi everyone!
I need some help.
LibreHardwareMonitor (and therefor FanControl) doesn't detect my GPU and HDDs. 
HWinfo and OpenHardwareMonitor detect them just fine.

I tried using the HWinfo plugin but couldn't get it to work (also the needed "shared memory" feature needs the paid version of HWinfo for continuous use).
Then I read that the LibreHardwareMonitorLib.dll used by FanControl can be swapped. So I tried swapping it with the LibreHardwareMonitorLib.dll from the project "FanCTRL" and .dll-file from my OpenHardwareMonitor installation. (Renamed them LibreHardwareMonitorLib.dll)
But none of them worked. FanControl wouldn't start. 
I tried deleting the Cache-file and userConfig.json but that also didn't help.

Of course non of those other programs was running (to my knowledge ... no idea if there are some background services that have different names).

FanControl detects and controls my Fans just fine with the original dll (except GPU and HDD which are missing completely).

How can one swap dlls?
What else could I do to detect my hardware?

19 hours ago, MP X10L said:

Have you tried setting the fan to "Manual" and reducing start and stop percentages to 0%?
Is there any software running that could try to control the fans at the same time? 

oh thank u soo much man for replying.

hey i tried that but it didnt work, i played with the  offsite thingy but nothing. it is +900rpm or nothing  (btw they are not pwm, but still i can get 500rpms in the bios !!) technology is weird man.

also, there is no software to control the fans in my os !! i have a gigabyte mb, so u know the reason. 

an idea forfor the devs !!

first of all, im absolutely in love with ur stuff guys. keep up the good work.

can we plz have something like profiles to choose from ! like a raw up top. so we can add voice-over mode, gaming mode, justsurfingtheweb mode ...

and thanks 

23 hours ago, agent z said:

an idea forfor the devs !!

first of all, im absolutely in love with ur stuff guys. keep up the good work.

can we plz have something like profiles to choose from ! like a raw up top. so we can add voice-over mode, gaming mode, justsurfingtheweb mode ...

and thanks 

U can make save custom config files i believe. And then load them as you wish

Ping me or quote me in replys ples. Anyone talking about AiOs and trashing people for a front mount watch THIS JAYZTWOCENTS VID because u 99.9% skipped or didnt understand the Gamers Nexus vid...

Spoiler

Also pineapple doesnt go on pizza

@LinusTechIf someone else ever needs a modern replacement for Speedfan, you can suggest this app. So far it worked on every desktop I installed. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Question

I like MSI afterburner to control my GPU Fan speed as it is already doing clock speed and voltages

If I do not set any GPU fan control settings in "Fan Control" will MSI afterburner continue to work as I have set? 

5 hours ago, maka0 said:

Question

I like MSI afterburner to control my GPU Fan speed as it is already doing clock speed and voltages

If I do not set any GPU fan control settings in "Fan Control" will MSI afterburner continue to work as I have set? 

Yes, leave the GPU card disabled.

Firstly, massive thank you to @Rem0o Donation made, huge kudos dude.

I have used SpeedFan for as long as I can remember, only to discover SpeedFan doesn't work with my new system.

Your app is clean, easy to use, really nice controls, lite, and so far no major issues.

I have a couple questions if I may.

1. Fan Control when set to Start with Windows takes a long time to load. It's a new build with a fresh install, yet it takes 40-60 seconds after logging in for the app to run. I don't like having my pumps spinning at 100% so I wondered if anyone knows of a way to prioritise it so it loads faster?
    Or is this normal and by design?

[Solved] Answered below by @Diffracted, there is a 30-second delay on start up.

2. I have an ASUS X570-E mobo, if I set Q-Fan to enabled in the BIOS so my pumps don't spin to 100% for more than a second or two, when Windows loads and Fan Control starts, the fans don't change, like the BIOS are still in control.
    Is this normal? I didn't experience this with SpeedFan of other fan control software before.

Build: "The Cake Is A Lie" - (Portal 2 Theme)  Wall Mounted (in a ThermalTake Core P8 all sides removed)  Ryzen 5900X • 64GB Team Group Dark Pro (B-Dies) 3600MHz CL16 • ASUS X570-E Gaming • EK Quantum Plexi Monoblock  MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X  EK Quantum Plexi Block  2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 NVME  8TB Samsung 870 QVO  Corsair RM 850X 2x EK P480M Radiators   PrimoChill Fittings  2x D5 Pumps  Monsoon MMRS Pump Housing  2x HeatKiller Tube 200 Reservoirs  

38 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

Fan Control when set to Start with Windows takes a long time to load

Go in to task scheduler and change the settings in the trigger. It's most likely set up to delay start to not cause issues on startup.

1 hour ago, Diffracted said:

Go in to task scheduler and change the settings in the trigger. It's most likely set up to delay start to not cause issues on startup.

Bingo! Thank you @Diffractedyou were spot on, there is a 30-second delay.
Appreciate your help.

Build: "The Cake Is A Lie" - (Portal 2 Theme)  Wall Mounted (in a ThermalTake Core P8 all sides removed)  Ryzen 5900X • 64GB Team Group Dark Pro (B-Dies) 3600MHz CL16 • ASUS X570-E Gaming • EK Quantum Plexi Monoblock  MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X  EK Quantum Plexi Block  2TB Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 NVME  8TB Samsung 870 QVO  Corsair RM 850X 2x EK P480M Radiators   PrimoChill Fittings  2x D5 Pumps  Monsoon MMRS Pump Housing  2x HeatKiller Tube 200 Reservoirs  

4 hours ago, Euphoria said:
  1. I have an ASUS X570-E mobo, if I set Q-Fan to enabled in the BIOS so my pumps don't spin to 100% for more than a second or two, when Windows loads and Fan Control starts, the fans don't change, like the BIOS are still in control.
    Is this normal? I didn't experience this with SpeedFan of other fan control software before.

Active fan control in the BIOS *WILL* override FanControl, or they will both compete for the same thing.

5 hours ago, Rem0o said:

Active fan control in the BIOS *WILL* override FanControl, or they will both compete for the same thing.

Thank you for clearing that up. Appreciate it 

My bad, actually I have one more question.

Is there any auto/force shutdown feature if X temperature is reached or pump rpm drops too low?

11 hours ago, Euphoria said:

Is there any auto/force shutdown feature if X temperature is reached or pump rpm drops too low?

While this is a really good idea and could be done, he might not want FanControl to have a "safety measure" that could be even slightly perceived as taking responsibility and liability away from the user, understandably. I could be wrong. Although even paid software doesn't claim liability for it's users mistakes or hardware failure so I don't see why not.

On a different note, @Rem0o, I'm happy that the fan control github page nowadays is top in google search when searching for just fan control. Guess I was completely wrong =PPP. That's a win right? I've asked a couple smaller (and big ones of course) techtubers to review it a while back. Only one has so far. I don't know why, but I find it annoying that something this positively helpful and usable, and on it's 93rd iteration now, has not yet been picked up by one of the big ones, like Jay for instance, who has been using speedfan for ages in the past. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, Diffracted said:

While this is a really good idea and could be done, he might not want FanControl to have a "safety measure" that could be even slightly perceived as taking responsibility and liability away from the user, understandably. I could be wrong. Although even paid software doesn't claim liability for it's users mistakes or hardware failure so I don't see why not.

On a different note, @Rem0o, I'm happy that the fan control github page nowadays is top when searching for just fan control. Guess I was completely wrong =PPP. That's a win right? I've asked a couple smaller (and big ones of course) techtubers to review it a while back. Only one has so far. I don't know why, but I find it annoying that something this positively helpful and usable, and on it's 93rd iteration now, has not yet been picked up by one on the big ones, like Jay for instance, who has been using speedfan for ages in the past. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, yeah I understand, thanks. I will use RealTemp for now unless anyone knows of anything better??

7 hours ago, Diffracted said:

On a different note, @Rem0o, I'm happy that the fan control github page nowadays is top in google search when searching for just fan control. Guess I was completely wrong =PPP. That's a win right? I've asked a couple smaller (and big ones of course) techtubers to review it a while back. Only one has so far. I don't know why, but I find it annoying that something this positively helpful and usable, and on it's 93rd iteration now, has not yet been picked up by one on the big ones, like Jay for instance, who has been using speedfan for ages in the past. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If they want to continue using and promoting crappy software, that's on them.
If anything, I'm not sure I want this to explode in popularity, with everything that comes with it.
Glad for the people that found it and that use it daily ( there's quite a few at this point ).

1 hour ago, Rem0o said:

If anything, I'm not sure I want this to explode in popularity, with everything that comes with it.

Understandable. =)

On 9/11/2021 at 9:44 AM, Rem0o said:

Have not played with 11 yet, will see when it's out. AFAIK, support from 10 to 11 is no different.

It works perfectly, no issues. I made every type of card and used all the features to check bugs, there's nothing. 

Hi all. I've tried to use FanControl with a PRIME B450M-A II but it does not work, actually no free fan control worked, just AI Suite from Asus worked as expected. What's the deal? Are Asus boards all like that? Fans were tried both in pwm and dc mode set from bios.

I've been using FanControl for a while now with both MSI and Asrock boards w/o any major issue.

7 hours ago, chebsy said:

It works perfectly, no issues. I made every type of card and used all the features to check bugs, there's nothing. 

Just updated to 11 myself, I can confirm.