LGA 771 to LGA 775 MOD

Hello guys, I need some help with my cpu because of the bottleneck my gpu gave!

Here's my specs

GPU: RX 560 4GB (Biostar)
CPU: Intel core 2 quad q8400 2.66mhz
RAM: 6GB (Next week 8GB since I ordered extra 4GB DDR2)

My GPU is not fully giving its potential since my cpu is so slow and the workload for my cpu is almost 100% at all times while my gpu 50 - 60% sometimes 10%

I'm having hard time playing PUBG Lite (45-30 fps) GTA V (45-50 fps) with stuttering, Dota2 with high settings still feels laggy (60 - 45 fps)

I'm pretty sure it's a big bottleneck for my cpu since it's slow, and I decided to buy a Xeon E5450 3.0mhz
This Xeon is originally a LGA 711 and already modded to fit inside LGA 775 which is my motherboard socket.
I need help with this! my motherboard chipset is a nForce 730i

I don't have money to buy a new motherboard and a new i5 or i7 cpu's and I can only afford a Xeon processor since it's cheap and I'm really poor.

Will this Xeon E5450 work on my motherboard chipset? because I saw a lot of videos they use a Xeon LGA 711 to LGA 775
Also I'm confused about the SLBBM and SLANQ type.

Please guys help me out, I'm almost out of money I spended it on my GPU and my friends bought me GTA V and Battlefield 1 just to play with them.
I feel bad about myself right now.

Here's my discord ID

ScreenShot_20190829165149.png

ScreenShot_20190829163502.png

ScreenShot_20190829170424.png

Im pretty sure its the other way around. So 775 to 771 mod. Im pretty sure xeons use the 771 socket while the core 2 duo/quad uses the 775 socket.

EDIT: i read the thing again and i just got confused, so just ignore this message. 

1 minute ago, DankDeuxez said:

Im pretty sure its the other way around. So 775 to 771 mod. Im pretty sure xeons use the 771 socket while the core 2 duo/quad uses the 775 socket.

Xeons are 711, and they can be modded and fit them inside a 775 socket motherboard. I'm currently using a 775 cpu

I'm just not sure if it would work on my motherboard

10 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

HI if you don't have the money to upgrade to a I5 or I7 have look at old 4 or 5 gen i3 build that would be a better choice. 

To answer you question yes it work but I would recommend it for a daily pc. 

https://youtu.be/NSYVkit0-nY

I'd better buy the xeon e5450 because I don't have a budget to buy a new motherboard for old gen I5 or I7

But thank you! I'm less worried that you said it would work! ^

You would actually probably be able to find a free computer that will exceed the speed of a 775 or 771 platform.

1366 platforms are very old but still much faster than the 15 year old 775/771 platform.

18 minutes ago, Suba said:

Xeons are 711, and they can be modded and fit them inside a 775 socket motherboard. I'm currently using a 775 cpu

ah yeh from what i knew was that you could only mod a 775 cpu to a 771 socket, since its fewer pins on the 771 socket than 775.

EDIT: Ive only heard people wanting to mod a 775 socket to 771 for xeons, not the other way around. But hey, if its possible do it. 

Been there done that.
It was a very fun project, i used my x5460 for almost an year after using my intel core2quad q9400 for 3 years.
Down side for that was, the motherboard i was using ( some old Asus ) had only 8GB ram limit. 
I used GTX 960 with x5460, despite of not having hyper threading, there was a noticeable different in performance and specially in productivity, like photo editing ( photoshop ).
I still have youtube benchmarks for that cpu.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

3 minutes ago, Waqas409 said:

Been there done that.
It was a very fun project, i used my x5460 for almost an year after using my intel core2quad q9400 for 3 years.
Down side for that was, the motherboard i was using ( some old Asus ) had only 8GB ram limit. 
I used GTX 960 with x5460, despite of not having hyper threading, there was a noticeable different in performance and specially in productivity, like photo editing ( photoshop ).
I still have youtube benchmarks for that cpu.

Hey, Is it dangerous to do this? the manufacturer on my motherboard is acer

2 minutes ago, Suba said:

Hey, Is it dangerous to do this? the manufacturer on my motherboard is acer

to be honest, i broke on motherboard while doing that but it was totally my mistake, what i did wrong was i plug the strip wrong on the cpu and it shorted the motherboard.
There is a youtuber named "TechYesCity", you can follow his video, make sure, your motherboard is in there accepted list otherwise dont waste your time on it. 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

First of all, if you have an OEM motherboard, there's a chance bios cant be modded to fit appropriate microcode for xeon to work. Chipset itself should support it though.

Second thing is, that upgrading from q8400 to whats effectively an q9650 wont yield you as much of an performance uplift than you might expect. At best you'll gain a few more average fps, but stuttering will be there, as core2 is just waay to old for newer games to work properly.

My advice is to sell the motherboard, current cpu and ram (there still might be a decent market for 775 platform in your area) and start looking at 1155 or newer. You'll gain a lot more cpu performance (with an i5, gpu will be the limiting factor). 

Or just the whole build without the gpu and get a second hand oem pc like dell, hp etc with an i5 2nd gen. These can be had for around 100$ or less, depending on where you are. If you can get something like 50$ for your current rig, thats a small amount of money spent for the performance gain.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

11 hours ago, hojnikb said:

First of all, if you have an OEM motherboard, there's a chance bios cant be modded to fit appropriate microcode for xeon to work. Chipset itself should support it though.

Second thing is, that upgrading from q8400 to whats effectively an q9650 wont yield you as much of an performance uplift than you might expect. At best you'll gain a few more average fps, but stuttering will be there, as core2 is just waay to old for newer games to work properly.

My advice is to sell the motherboard, current cpu and ram (there still might be a decent market for 775 platform in your area) and start looking at 1155 or newer. You'll gain a lot more cpu performance (with an i5, gpu will be the limiting factor). 

Or just the whole build without the gpu and get a second hand oem pc like dell, hp etc with an i5 2nd gen. These can be had for around 100$ or less, depending on where you are. If you can get something like 50$ for your current rig, thats a small amount of money spent for the performance gain.

I just modded my bios and inserted the 771 to 775 microcodes and patched it there then restarded my pc and still works, but haven't tried the xeon yet since it's coming next week. I also saw some benchmarking on the xeon processor I bought and it's really good enough even with the 750ti. Xeon are way cheaper than the Q- series, but thank you for the reply! I'll keep that in mind ^