Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Screen Flickering Problems - 2x 4k Screens and one 144Hz 1440P Screen

What is your parts list?

GTX 1070 with an i7 2700k and 16GB ram.

I have 2 43" 4K TVs setup as monitors on HDMI and I just added a 27" 2k 144HZ monitor to the mix on displayport.

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

I have insane amounts of flickering on my main 4k monitor as soon as I plug in all three monitors. The 144hz display goes blank and the second 4k display thinks there is no input. I can attach a 1080p display instead of the second 4k display and there's no issues and all three displays work fine, at max frequencies with G-Sync enabled on the 144hz display.

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

I managed to have all three plugged in as shown below, with zero flickering, but when I started up a game on my 144hz monitor, the flickering issue started up again. I set the monitor to 60hz too and no good.

I had to unplug the other 4k monitor for it go back to normal. I rolled back the nvidia drivers and unseated and reseated the graphics card and unplugged and replugged all the cables. Right now, I can't plug in all three monitors, but I could for a bit (before I started playing the game).

I want to clean install the OS but there's too much work I have to do to do that.

Post relevant photos of build/parts here.
 

View: https://i.imgur.com/GU0PKkF.jpg
 

View: https://i.imgur.com/22a5g53.png


Provide any additional details you wish below.

I think I've had 4 displays on at one time (1x 1200p, 1x1440p, 2x1080p). Is the 4k resolution that much more demanding?

Also, I can't disconnect the 2k screen and plug in both of the 4k displays, but I could run them earlier just fine.

I also had the pixellation persist on my main 4k display after I shutdown my computer and it was just in the Roku menu. I had to unplug and replug it to get it clear.

Thanks, in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, nikvoid said:

What is your parts list?

GTX 1070 with an i7 2700k and 16GB ram.

I have 2 43" 4K TVs setup as monitors on HDMI and I just added a 27" 2k 144HZ monitor to the mix on displayport.

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

I have insane amounts of flickering on my main 4k monitor as soon as I plug in all three monitors. The 144hz display goes blank and the second 4k display thinks there is no input. I can attach a 1080p display instead of the second 4k display and there's no issues and all three displays work fine, at max frequencies with G-Sync enabled on the 144hz display.

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

I managed to have all three plugged in as shown below, with zero flickering, but when I started up a game on my 144hz monitor, the flickering issue started up again. I set the monitor to 60hz too and no good.

I had to unplug the other 4k monitor for it go back to normal. I rolled back the nvidia drivers and unseated and reseated the graphics card and unplugged and replugged all the cables. Right now, I can't plug in all three monitors, but I could for a bit (before I started playing the game).

I want to clean install the OS but there's too much work I have to do to do that.

Post relevant photos of build/parts here.
 

View: https://i.imgur.com/GU0PKkF.jpg
 

View: https://i.imgur.com/22a5g53.png


Provide any additional details you wish below.

I think I've had 4 displays on at one time (1x 1200p, 1x1440p, 2x1080p). Is the 4k resolution that much more demanding?

Also, I can't disconnect the 2k screen and plug in both of the 4k displays, but I could run them earlier just fine.

I also had the pixellation persist on my main 4k display after I shutdown my computer and it was just in the Roku menu. I had to unplug and replug it to get it clear.

Thanks, in advance!

I had a similar issue till yesterday!

Use the software nvidiaInspector, you can set your main display ans "idle" the other monitors.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I had a similar issue till yesterday!

Use the software nvidiaInspector, you can set your main display ans "idle" the other monitors.

Sorry, can you clarify? I downloaded it but I don't see any settings to set a monitor as idle. Do you mean the nvidia profile inspector?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nikvoid said:

Do you mean the nvidia profile inspector?

Yes

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't plug a 3rd display, Mhz were jumping high to the roof as the temp

With this software i plugged the 3rd display and all good

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I couldn't plug a 3rd display, Mhz were jumping high to the roof as the temp

With this software i plugged the 3rd display and all good

Mhz of the graphics card or the monitor? I watched and both Mhz were the same when I plugged in the third monitor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nikvoid said:

Mhz of the graphics card or the monitor? I watched and both Mhz were the same when I plugged in the third monitor.

Weird

On idle also?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Constantin said:

Weird

On idle also?

Hmm. my card isn't idling. It stays near 900MHz and 4500Mhz on the memory, but I'm usually mining, so I didn't notice that it doesn't idle. 

 

I noticed once when I plugged in the third monitor, that the core clock shot up to 1500Mhz, but that could have been an error in reporting. It went back down to 900Mhz.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Try to change Power Management in Nvidia control panel to high performance. 

 

Right click desktop > Nvidia Control Panel

 

Manage 3D settings > Power Management Mode > Prefer maximum performance. 

Ryzen 3600 - RTX 3070

Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually the issue is GSync on one of the monitors if you have a multi monitor setup. Try to disable gsync and see if it works fine with all 3 monitors plugged in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Envit0 said:

Usually the issue is GSync on one of the monitors if you have a multi monitor setup. Try to disable gsync and see if it works fine with all 3 monitors plugged in.

I have the same issue on my Acer X34P. I've searched all over internet for a solution but I don't get answers on this forum or anywhere. Shutting off G-Sync does not help, nothing helps, overclocked to 120 Hz is the same as non-overclocked at 100 Hz. Having other monitors plugged in is the same as the X34P only. Flickering and black screens with the DP-sign popping up, occurs more frequently when the GPU is at heavy load. Using the computer normally, browsing etc. usually won't affect the screen. HDMI at 60 Hz is fine, this only occurs on Display Port. 

 

I've re-installed Windows, drivers, I've even upgraded to a new RTX 2080 ti, the problem still occurs. 

 

So, conclusion so far is that there are no problems with anything other than the X34P with a DP cable. And no suggestions anywhere only has helped after weeks of searching and trying. I'm beginning to believe that there are no solutions to this problem since it feels it's not taken seriously enough. People have sent their displays back to Acer only to receive a new one with the same problems. Some suggest a new DP cable, but people have issues with both the original DP cable coming with the screen as well as other brands. 

 

So, before we understand WHY this is happening, there are not going to be any solutions at all. So far, I've not seen anyone try to actually solve why this is happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×