Best B450 for Ryzen 5 3600

Go to solution Solved by Maetharin,

According to this list, the Ryzen 5 3600 is in this tier.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:43 AM, LukeSavenije said:

Tier E: 75A current draw on little ambient airflow, 6 core slightly overclocked or 4 core heavy OC

Asus: X470 TUF Plus, B450 Strix-F, TUF Plus, X370 Prime-A, B350 Strix-F, Prime Plus, TUF Plus

Asrock: X470 Master SLI, K4, B450 Steel Legend, Pro4, X370 Gaming X, Killer SLI, mITX, K4, Pro4, B350 K4, mITX, AB350M

Gigabyte: B450 Aorus Pro ATX, Aorus Elite, Aorus M, Gaming X, X370 Gaming K5, K3, 3, Gaming, B350 Gaming 3, Gaming

MSI: X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Krait Gaming, SLI Plus, Gaming Plus, Gaming Pro, B350 Gaming Pro Carbon, Krait Gaming, Gaming Plus, Tomahawk, PC Mate, Bazooka, Mortar, Pro-VDH, Pro-VH Plus, Pro-VD Plus

I wanna build a pc with ryzen 5 3600..

I don't want to Overclock bt I need all core 4.2ghz stable till the last.. 

So which B450 motherboard should I buy.. ? 

(ASUS/MSI/GIGABYTE) 

dual m.2 nvme slot would be the best! (If possible)  or Single m.2 nvme slot! 

Also I'm watching.. a lot of people saying their bios issue.. Booting issue.. Etc etc..! 

So please suggest me something value for money.. 

Thanks in advance! 

I would recommend the MSI B450 Tomahaw or the Tomahawk Max which is out of the box compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen. It's the best for the bang for the buck IMO. You can watch this video to get a better overview: 

15 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

I would recommend the MSI B450 Tomahaw or the Tomahawk Max which is out of the box compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen. It's the best for the bang for the buck IMO. You can watch this video to get a better overview: 

Yeah I was thinking about it! Any alternative option.. For slightly cheap how would be B450 Aorus Elite!? 

42 minutes ago, Samay Kundu said:

Yeah I was thinking about it! Any alternative option.. For slightly cheap how would be B450 Aorus Elite!? 

I'm not familiar with this model but the general consensus when the B450 boards came out was that MSI had the best VRM so I would recommend going for the Tomahawk, which was a classic tried and true motherboard.

11 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

I'm not familiar with this model but the general consensus when the B450 boards came out was that MSI had the best VRM so I would recommend going for the Tomahawk, which was a classic tried and true motherboard.

Tomahawk is a little bit pricy for me..

Cause now tomahawk max is here.. And it is literally expensive than ASUS ROG B450F :(

I'd suggest saving up for X570, Tomahawk Max or wait for B550. I recently built a system with a B450 Tomahawk and a Ryzen 5 3600 and there are issues. My system booted on the 4th time and I assume it's going to have the same problem when I disconnect the PSU.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

31 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

I'd suggest saving up for X570, Tomahawk Max or wait for B550. I recently built a system with a B450 Tomahawk and a Ryzen 5 3600 and there are issues. My system booted on the 4th time and I assume it's going to have the same problem when I disconnect the PSU.

Exactly I was worrying about.. 

Thank you so much for the honest review..! 

I would try my best to go with Tomahawk Max  cause B550 would be late.. And x570 no need for me! 

Thanks again man! :)

I wish you all the best and good luck.. So that you could have never face that problem..! 

2 hours ago, Pandalf said:

a lot of people recommend B450 tomahawk because many reviewers recommend it. but my experience is these youtubers often make hard things look real simple lol. On paper, it makes a lot of sense. B450 tomahawk is cheap, and has strong VRMs...however, to this day, MSI still haven't gotten the bios right on the Tomahawk. From what I see, it is 50/50 if you get it working good or not. So I'd stay away from the B450 Tomahawk until they have a good bios.

i was a very early adopter of 3rd Gen Ryzen on B450. Bought them 2 days after ryzen 3000 was released. I built 2 new Ryzen systems and went with MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon ACs...at first, there were also bios gremlins. The computers would have trouble booting. It would take multiple tries. Once booted, they were rock solid. HOWEVER, as of Bios Version 18, they fixed everything. The computers (look at my sig) are now rock solid, no issues, and the B450 Pro Carbon maxes my 3700x. I have no problems recommending this board now

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

My MSI B450A PRO and 3600x has been great. It only has 1 m.2 but it boosts to 4.2ghz at 60c loaded with a hyper 212 Evo.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

3 hours ago, asand1 said:

My MSI B450A PRO and 3600x has been great. It only has 1 m.2 but it boosts to 4.2ghz at 60c loaded with a hyper 212 Evo.

6 hours ago, Tom H said:

a lot of people recommend B450 tomahawk because many reviewers recommend it. but my experience is these youtubers often make hard things look real simple lol. On paper, it makes a lot of sense. B450 tomahawk is cheap, and has strong VRMs...however, to this day, MSI still haven't gotten the bios right on the Tomahawk. From what I see, it is 50/50 if you get it working good or not. So I'd stay away from the B450 Tomahawk until they have a good bios.

i was a very early adopter of 3rd Gen Ryzen on B450. Bought them 2 days after ryzen 3000 was released. I built 2 new Ryzen systems and went with MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon ACs...at first, there were also bios gremlins. The computers would have trouble booting. It would take multiple tries. Once booted, they were rock solid. HOWEVER, as of Bios Version 18, they fixed everything. The computers (look at my sig) are now rock solid, no issues, and the B450 Pro Carbon maxes my 3700x. I have no problems recommending this board now

How would be B450 Aorus Elite? 

9 hours ago, Tom H said:

The latest bios is good indeed, I asked the salesperson to flash it to the latest one when I got the board, which is v1A. It would still throw a CPU Error on boot, but when I almost lost hope, it booted correctly on the 4th attempt. Now there aren't any issues at all, but the only options I did in the bios were to enable virtualization and A-XMP. I read the horror stories at r/msi_gaming and was ready to return the board.

There's a new beta bios from a few days ago, but I won't bother with it. It's definitely not a board I'd recommend for beginner PC builders.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

6 hours ago, Pandalf said:

The latest bios is good indeed, I asked the salesperson to flash it to the latest one when I got the board, which is v1A. It would still throw a CPU Error on boot, but when I almost lost hope, it booted correctly on the 4th attempt. Now there aren't any issues at all, but the only options I did in the bios were to enable virtualization and A-XMP. I read the horror stories at r/msi_gaming and was ready to return the board.

There's a new beta bios from a few days ago, but I won't bother with it. It's definitely not a board I'd recommend for beginner PC builders.

How would be B450 Aorus elite! 

On 3/20/2019 at 11:43 AM, LukeSavenije said:

Tier E: 75A current draw on little ambient airflow, 6 core slightly overclocked or 4 core heavy OC

Asus: X470 TUF Plus, B450 Strix-F, TUF Plus, X370 Prime-A, B350 Strix-F, Prime Plus, TUF Plus

Asrock: X470 Master SLI, K4, B450 Steel Legend, Pro4, X370 Gaming X, Killer SLI, mITX, K4, Pro4, B350 K4, mITX, AB350M

Gigabyte: B450 Aorus Pro ATX, Aorus Elite, Aorus M, Gaming X, X370 Gaming K5, K3, 3, Gaming, B350 Gaming 3, Gaming

MSI: X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Krait Gaming, SLI Plus, Gaming Plus, Gaming Pro, B350 Gaming Pro Carbon, Krait Gaming, Gaming Plus, Tomahawk, PC Mate, Bazooka, Mortar, Pro-VDH, Pro-VH Plus, Pro-VD Plus

1 hour ago, Maetharin said:

Thank you so much! ☺

Will go with Aorus Elite! 

9 hours ago, Samay Kundu said:

Thank you so much! ☺

Will go with Aorus Elite! 

just make sure you have a way to flash the bios. That board does not have bios flashback (i.e., the ability to flash bios with usb flash drive without a cpu, ram installed)

Ryzen 3700x w/ Arctic Cooling 34 eSports DUO || MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC || GSkill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 16-16-16 || EVGA 2070 XC Gaming || WD Black 1T NVME, WD Black 2T 7200 rpm || EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+

2 hours ago, Tom H said:

just make sure you have a way to flash the bios. That board does not have bios flashback (i.e., the ability to flash bios with usb flash drive without a cpu, ram installed)

I talked with the retailers, they said they will update the BIOS for me :)

9 hours ago, Samay Kundu said:

I talked with the retailers, they said they will update the BIOS for me :)

then you are good :)

On 8/25/2019 at 9:38 PM, Tom H said:

then you are good :)

Aorus elite isn't available right now.. 

How would be B450 Aorus M? 

• 6 months later...
On 8/24/2019 at 1:25 AM, Samay Kundu said:

I wanna build a pc with ryzen 5 3600..

I don't want to Overclock bt I need all core 4.2ghz stable till the last.. 

So which B450 motherboard should I buy.. ? 

(ASUS/MSI/GIGABYTE) 

dual m.2 nvme slot would be the best! (If possible)  or Single m.2 nvme slot! 

Also I'm watching.. a lot of people saying their bios issue.. Booting issue.. Etc etc..! 

So please suggest me something value for money.. 

Thanks in advance! 

Msi pro carbon ac man best among all b450

And if you 

Want cheap I don't know if it's available in your region but msi b450 m2 vdh max just nails it

On 8/24/2019 at 2:51 AM, Samay Kundu said:

Tomahawk is a little bit pricy for me..

Cause now tomahawk max is here.. And it is literally expensive than ASUS ROG B450F :(

Tomahawk max is for 10500 inr on primeabgb