RTX 2070 or RTX 2070 Super?

MagpieMate

Hello.

I'm doing a new PC build and currently, I am finding it difficult to choose between these two graphics cards.

Anyone have a suggestion, considering bang for buck?

5 minutes ago, Elijahpro3 said:

Hello.

I'm doing a new PC build and currently, I am finding it difficult to choose between these two graphics cards.

Anyone have a suggestion, considering bang for buck?

there is literally no reason to take a 2070 over a 2070 super. Even if it was cheaper the performance upgrade is huge. The 2070s is literally like 2-4 frames behind a 2080 and only about 10-12 frames behind a 2080s. It is by far the best bang for your buck atm.

Thanks for the swift reply.

What brand RTX 2070 super do you recommend?

16 hours ago, Elijahpro3 said:

Thanks for the swift reply.

go for the cheapest one that has a good brand. that being a palit jetstream or gigabyte non windforce. where are you from?

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

Personally, I have had very good customer service with EVGA and their cards are very strong performers. I have also had good luck with AORUS cards.

i am not quite on team just get a 2070 super.

first question is the rest of the PC this is going into. if you have a quad core i5 a few years old it might not really user the 2070 fully let alone the 2070 super.

It also depends on what you can get a 2070 for. If i could get a 2070 for $420 USD or less I would probably go with that and be happy with the performance per $ if that matters to you. If the 2070 is more than $440ish USD tough... then the 2070 super becomes the clear winner. 

16 hours ago, Elijahpro3 said:

ASUS or EVGA (in that order) in my opinion.

If your budget allows for it I'd recommend RTX 2070 Super STRIX OC.

On 8/24/2019 at 2:44 AM, JB780 said:

ASUS or EVGA (in that order) in my opinion.

If your budget allows for it I'd recommend RTX 2070 Super STRIX OC.

Aren't all the EVGA models dual fan? And no, the Super Strix is probably a little too steep. How is the MSI Gaming X Trio?

I'm from Australia.

The msi gaming x trio cards are nice. I personally like the strix cards the best, always had good luck with them 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

13 hours ago, Elijahpro3 said:

Aren't all the EVGA models dual fan? And no, the Super Strix is probably a little too steep. How is the MSI Gaming X Trio?

I'm from Australia.

EVGA has the FTW series cards that are triple fans.

I've never owned an MSI gpu but the 2070 Super Gaming Trio does have very good reviews from sources that I would trust.