My Story - How I Became A "professional Unboxer"

LinusTech

Wow Linus, things have improved from those days :P

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Perhaps you meant vibrant? ;)

Thanks for sharing, it's nice to have the background story.

That's what happens at a vibrate, fast-growing company.

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

its almost like your voice has gotten deeper i guess thats what aging does to you i enjoyed your story linus even though i still dont know your babies name you just call it the baby did you not name it?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Wow, Very inspiring story Linus.

truly good info, definitly enjoyable to read

make a post in a few years....how Linus media group became the leading hardware commuinty :)

Linus looked so nervous in that first NCIX Video

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

he looks the i must admit. Linus has superpowers 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Where did you get the professional unboxer shirt? :D

This was an awesome read. It inspires me to do more content for my channel. It's really easy to get discouraged when you see other youtubers who have similar circumstances as you doing really well. But like you mentioned, if you do it for fun, that will come across to people.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I am not a very active user on this forum, although I do  lurk quite a bit. But I do remember watching that video when I was getting ready to buy the tuniq tower. It was just as bad as I remember lol

Cool I never knew this story. I'm already glad I joined the forums.

Do you ever regret dropping college?

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

Cool I never knew this story. I'm already glad I joined the forums.

Do you ever regret dropping college?

Honestly some days yeah.

With that said, I'm running my own business these days (and we haven't shut down yet...) and that's exciting, and I've had job offers from tier 1 computer companies for marketing or PR positions, so I don't think my future will be affected by it in any way... But I do wish I had the piece of paper sometimes.

Honestly some days yeah.

With that said, I'm running my own business these days (and we haven't shut down yet...) and that's exciting, and I've had job offers from tier 1 computer companies for marketing or PR positions, so I don't think my future will be affected by it in any way... But I do wish I had the piece of paper sometimes.

Yeah well like you said it's just a piece of paper maybe someday you can come back for it.

But a chance to be successful doing what you love probably wont appear twice so I think you made the right choice.

Thanks for the honest reply.

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

Honestly some days yeah.

Its a piece of paper to hang on your wall.  You don't need it and if you really did just want it for novelty you can always get it later.  Could always do an online course, not necessarily worth it though.