Acer Predator Helios 300 or MSI GF63 for CS student

Hi all, I wanna buy a new laptop for college, I'm a CS student and I'll be gaming on the laptop, so now I don't know which of these two laptops I should buy that will be balanced for gaming, productivity and battery life, also the feel of the keyboard is important cause as a CS student I'll be typing a lot.

my first option is:

Acer Predator Helios 300: i7 8750H, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB of ram, 256GB M.2 NVME SSD (I'll be adding a 2TB Seagate Firecuda HDD) and 15.6 1080P 144Hz IPS Display.

I've seen reviews of this laptop they all say that the battery will not last more than 3 hours but everything else about this one is great.

My second option is:

MSI GF63 Thin: i5 8300H, GTX 1650, 8GB of ram (I'll be adding another 8GB stick), 256GB SSD (I'll also be adding a Seagate Firecuda 2TB HDD), 15.6 1080P IPS-level Display.

I can't find reviews for this particular laptop but I saw the 1050Ti model on MSI website and they claim that the battery life is 7+ hours

So please tell me which of these two laptops I should buy that will be balanced for the things I mentioned above, oh and will the weight of the laptop matter or should I not worry about weight with these two laptops. 

Note: I know that there's a newer model of the Helios 300 but I can't afford it.

Thanks in advance

The GF63 Will Not Last 7 hours on battery. You're looking at 4 hours at most. MSI have horrible power profiles so their battery life is usually very poor. 

Not to mention the GF has one of the worst TN panels in that price range. Avoid. 

20 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The GF63 Will Not Last 7 hours on battery. You're looking at 4 hours at most. MSI have horrible power profiles so their battery life is usually very poor. 

Not to mention the GF has one of the worst TN panels in that price range. Avoid. 

So you think I should go for the Helios instead 

1 minute ago, Person_125 said:

So you think I should go for the Helios instead 

Honestly, the Helios is not great either - I'd personally buy the Asus GA502 with a Ryzen 7 3750H, 1660 Ti and 144Hz IPS display

19 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Honestly, the Helios is not great either - I'd personally buy the Asus GA502 with a Ryzen 7 3750H, 1660 Ti and 144Hz IPS display

The laptop you mentioned is great I looked it up but the problem is the price, the laptop will be shipped Internationally so it's gonna be more than I can spend, my only question now is: will I regret buying the Helios especially with its low battery life?

7 minutes ago, Person_125 said:

The laptop you mentioned is great I looked it up but the problem is the price, the laptop will be shipped Internationally so it's gonna be more than I can spend, my only question now is: will I regret buying the Helios especially with its low battery life?

Probably not - it's not terrible, just not my top pick.

18 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Probably not - it's not terrible, just not my top pick.

Okay, thank you very much for your response, I'll go for the Helios 300

7 hours ago, 5x5 said:

worst TN panels

Some GF63 has low sRGB IPS

7 hours ago, Person_125 said:

snip

Neither are good options

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128