What are secrets of your job?

Mooshi

At the nuclear power station I used to work at they had 2 one site fire stations. The one that was used... and the original one that was too small to fit the fire engines in.

At another station, during construction, there was a screw up in the tolerances for the concrete shroud the pod boilers went in. When they tried to lower the boiler into the hole there was a loud clang and much embarrassment.

If you took ground coffee and bananas inside the radiological controlled area they would be considered too radioactive to be removed from the area (due to the potassium content).

I'm not sure the policy of other workplaces, and I'm not employed by subway anymore. But the uniforms we aren't allowed to wear anywhere but in the building and when we're working. It's strictly stated in the handbook. I read this part awhile ago, but probably not the hidden NDA so hush kids. 

20190817_213136.jpg

And don't think I'm messy, I'm organizing and throwing this shirt out I didn't know I had it. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

56 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

[snip]

There's one other thing that I've wondered before - how are they on hills?  Both in terms of how do the trucks handle it, and what's normal for a driver to do?  Because I've seen what can sometimes happen in the mountains on long sustained inclines - roads that other cars hold their speed fine on cause trucks to slow down to way under the speed limit.  Do they just not have the power or is there a rule or reason the driver decides to just not work them hard, etc.?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 8/15/2019 at 7:16 PM, Mooshi said:

something about what you do that the general public isn't really aware of.

That nearly all success is from hard work and not an imbalance in fairness or straight up luck. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.