blue screen of death :(

Calling John

i built the computer in September sometime so its not that old but today when playing fortnite i got a BSOD it said
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL then about an hr ago im watching youtube and i got it again so i did a google found a video and i did what it said i ran a window memory diagnostics and scanned the sdd using chkdsk and both are fine and like 40mins or so latter i got it again

this pc has no gpu i just use the cpu vega 11 also cpu temps are fine

so what could be causing this problem? or what other things can i try to that might resolve this?

Reset the ram and run memtest86+. The windows tool is garbage and won't detect an issue. Also, make sure all drivers and firmware are updated. It could also be messed up OS so reinstalling Windows is a good idea.

Seems to be a memory related issue. Reseat memory modules, also check if the slots have any dust or gunk inside.

system out println("Please don't drop it Linus!");

Setup:

Thinkpad W530 😕 

sus not cis

Some comic sans because why not

10 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Reset the ram and run memtest86+. The windows tool is garbage and won't detect an issue. Also, make sure all drivers and firmware are updated. It could also be messed up OS so reinstalling Windows is a good idea.

ok i will give memtest86+  a try now

i did a test using memtest86+ it took awhile but when finished it had no errors

my friend came over he told me to try do a sfc scan
i did a sfc scan in cmd and it said found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them :(

did a google and tried
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in cmd restarted pc and ran the sfc scan and got
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them

did a sfc scan again and got Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

would this have been the problem causing the BSOD if i get another BSOD i will update this post

watched some youtube for about 20mins then went and played fortnite everything was fine played for over an hour fine but then when i was in a match the computer BSOD again with this error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL again :(

6 hours ago, Micropoint said:

driver problem.

i ran out of ideas so i checked if could roll back my pc to before windows did an update the other day and i was able to roll my computer back to the 11th of this month and since then the pc has not BSOD but ive not tried playing any games yet but did use the pc fine for about 4hrs or so last night and today ive used it for almost 2hrs and no problems KNOCK ON WOOD 

4 hours ago, Calling John said:

i ran out of ideas so i checked if could roll back my pc to before windows did an update the other day and i was able to roll my computer back to the 11th of this month and since then the pc has not BSOD but ive not tried playing any games yet but did use the pc fine for about 4hrs or so last night and today ive used it for almost 2hrs and no problems KNOCK ON WOOD 

i got this error message longtime ago but when i mean longtime ago it was like in 2008, and if i remember it was about driver incompatibility instead of the ram..

I would recommend installing chipset drivers, gpu drivers, network drivers, audio drivers from the motherboard manufacturer site, from there, manually search each driver up (for example if we're installing audio driver for onboard audio, and you've installed it from the motherboard manufacturer's website, search it up on google to see if you can find the latest one.)

I had that same BSOD many times, and for me it was always driver incompatibility. Always avoid driver updater software if you use them.