XMP overclock of memory worth it?

I saw the LTT video about RAM speeds and XMP overclocks and I have this overclock (think I got the same RAM as they used) boosting  my RAM from 2330 MHz to 3600 MHz. 
Now, Linus mentions that even if the system seems stable now (I've stress tested the memory without problems at this time), it can start failing down the line. 

This leads me to think that I'm risking damage to my system having this overclock. Is it better to just turn off XMP or maybe lower the overclock to a bit under 3600 MHz?

I don't want to risk damaging my system, but I don't want to miss out on the higher clock speeds that I paid for.

What exact ram do you have? Just select one of the xmp profiles in bios and be sweet. All will be autoloaded. 

If you want to manually tinker with times disregard my comment 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

All XMP does is sets your ram to run at its advertised speed without user having to input shit ton of values. There is no such thing as "XMP overclock"

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

xmp is tested fully by the manufacturer, and without raising voltage too much you do little to no damage

and people even overclock their ram past it, like me

34 minutes ago, Levent said:

All XMP does is sets your ram to run at its advertised speed without user having to input shit ton of values. There is no such thing as "XMP overclock"

XMP may be an overclock, from the CPU perspective, if the ram is rated at a higher speed than the CPU officially supports.

Generally the risk at running XMP is minimal. At worst, the ram and mobo don't like each other and will typically not work, particularly applies to higher speed modules.

You could also use XMP as a starting point for a manual overclock. Find the fastest speed that works, then back off a bit to give more headroom. Of course, testing is required to verify.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 hour ago, Stormseeker9 said:

What exact ram do you have?

These: Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL18 Vengeance LPX

And my CPU is an Intel Core i9 7960X 2.8 GHz 22mb

And my motherboard is an ASUS WS X299 SAGE

Enabled the XMP profile, but disabled Asus multi-core handling since I only have a 750w power so I don't want the board to overclock past Intels specs.