Should I get a new phone or reset my current one?

TEUTknight

My current phone has been having issues ranging from freezing occasionally to general sluggishness. The model is a LG g6 ThinQ(?). However I would like to have the phone future proof so I'm unsure if I should wait for 5G to be more widely available and have more phone models that accept 5G or not. I'm also unsure if just doing a factory reset would fix my issues or not.

If I do decide to get a new phone I've been eyeballing the Oneplus 7 pro however I haven't been able to find any T-Mobile versions that carry the higher amount of RAM (again just for future proofing and I switch from app to app frequently). I am also open to other phone recommendations.

5 minutes ago, TEUTknight said:

I'm also unsure if just doing a factory reset would fix my issues or not.

Then just do it and find out?

No reason to talk about getting a new phone, if you haven't even tested a potential fix that is free and takes 15min.

5G is useless for phone IMO, so i wouldn't use that as a deciding factor. 3G and 4G are both plenty fast enough, and use far less energy.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Enter bootmode and empty your caches first.

Try seeing how much free space there is on your device as well. Symptoms you observe are comparable to full storage.

No signature found

5G phone are kind overarated why would you need 1Gbps of internet?

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

Thanks for the fast responses. I'll give the reset a try when I have the time the only reason I haven't really done that yet is since I haven't looked into what procedures to do if you're resetting a phone you use for two factor authentication but I can just probably Google that. Also if 5G is simply just faster speeds (only really knew it was a new thing and I've been seeing it everywhere) it isn't really necessary so thanks for the clarification.

As for storage space it is roughly half full/empty if memory serves me right so I don't believe that is the root cause. I'll double check after work today though and update if necessary.