What GPU should I get?

Phantonex

I think a 1070 might be somewhat equal to a 980ti

I'm saying this because I replaced my 980ti with a 2080 and I got a few more fps in games, but I was already running all gsync wanted anyway so it didn't matter.

Graphics quality wasn't some huge improvement, if any at all. 

If it were me, unless I was building a new pc I would just keep what you have. 

The 2080 takes 2 8 pin power cables btw. I had to go digging for my box of unused parts from my build for a cable. Maybe you have one tucked in by your power supply. Check first on what you have and what card you want requires.

24 minutes ago, Phantonex said:

$400-500, don't need ray tracing, all though it would be nice if it fits the budget.

You could upgrade to a 1080 easely, but maybe wait till the games (mw for example) come out if you can, prices will have lowered again (and heck, if you can, wait for christmas)

By then you could also get a better gpu (2070 perhaps if you have the money) but for that you would def need a better psu.

Like I said earlier, I reccomend theh EVGA 750-850w G2/G3, they're really good, however a bit more expensive, if you want you could get something cheaper that would totally be ok too.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

You could upgrade to a 1080 easely, but maybe wait till the games (mw for example) come out if you can, prices will have lowered again (and heck, if you can, wait for christmas)

By then you could also get a better gpu (2070 perhaps if you have the money) but for that you would def need a better psu.

Like I said earlier, I reccomend theh EVGA 750-850w G2/G3, they're really good, however a bit more expensive, if you want you could get something cheaper that would totally be ok too.

ok thank you