LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

I am running a 1070 that technically can be RMA'd or request a thermal pad because if I overclock it I could start a fire so... But it's great for winter which is why I don't overclock it, could but I like my home enough to not want too ?

haha exactly, I'm turning up my ceiling fan in pc room, and whole upstairs is now warm.

9 minutes ago, TensorVortex said:

haha exactly, I'm turning up my ceiling fan in pc room, and whole upstairs is now warm.

It doesn't produce that much heat but it keeps my feet warm since my setup is in the basement. Using a computer upstairs would require a AMD to save on heating which is why I moved my computer when I bought the 1070 and sold off my old computer with the R9 270. Also my current financial situation does not justify the additional 100-150W to boot up and put my dual L5640 as I don't know how much the CPUs actually do... I don't expect much more than 25K a day but maybe someone who has actually used them for this might know better.

dissapointingly, going to have to disable multi-gpu probably until thursday, its 82F in here RN...

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

4 hours ago, TensorVortex said:

True, i will look into it. I will probably put the 1030 in my server, and let it run there. My main pc I will just shut it down during day time

250 or so watts and like 50 or so on 1030.. that's a pretty big difference y'know.

4 hours ago, palespartan said:

Please tell me that's all you have. I'm trying to stay within spitting distance of you this year.

No spitting on other folders!

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

unneeded HDDS

LOL nice joke

(I am currently running out of space with my 1tb drive dedicated only to music, 250gb for system ssd backup, and a 3tb one filled with games, some movies (incl. lewd) and some archival software being kept online)... 

1 hour ago, Struck said:

temperature down from throttling (83) to 74. with a much higher boost clock.

is that with all the fans running locked to 100%? If so, that's kinda high imo :/

even if it's the in the top slot.

1 hour ago, Struck said:

Still have to figure out how to turn those damn lights off on the rtx 2060 though. MSI gaming app does not see it, as it does the other gtx 1080.

pull the 1080 out, set up the lights, save, put the 1080 back in.

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

Also my current financial situation does not justify the additional 100-150W to boot up and put my dual L5640 as I don't know how much the CPUs actually do... I don't expect much more than 25K a day but maybe someone who has actually used them for this might know better.

I'd really just not bother with the cpu. I have mine on idle when folding in the night, and when I'm awake I watch YT and stuff at double or even triple speed (can be done via inserting JS code into a bookmark, even works with netflix) and high resolution so it's getting quite some usage.

15 hours ago, palespartan said:

If you find a way so that google timestamps you to signup on sep 31st on our end then yes we will give you the win overall for folding month and hell I'll find a way for the mods to make a special badge just for you.

Hey don't make me do things I'm too lazy to do ? (also we can't to the best of my knowledge) 

11 hours ago, Pepe Le Spooder said:

Ended up modding a case after volt modding and overclocking 2 quadro 4000s, Had to install a 200mm fan in the side panel they were reaching like 90C before top at like 75C now but  they just dont produce enough, I can stably crank the core clock to 780 mhz and the memory a bit farther than before

SIDE?FANS?FOR?ALL?

And a 200mm fan no less. Perfect! I applaud your mod fellow folder! 

20181109_174938.thumb.jpg.7c7b73fd426ffe86561c004eabe78169.jpg

11 hours ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

I've got them both 150 over on the GPU clock.  Not sure why one is running slower than the other. We'll see if they crash.

I noticed both my 1070ti's were also about 100mhz different from each other, and at some point they even flipped which was the fastest card. I even made sure both cards went to P0 states.... . However this was when I was underclocking. I believe right now over clocked and unlimited voltage they're both around 2025 (I just chose a +100mhz core clock and It seems stable for now so we will see) 

11 hours ago, Struck said:

Just repasted the gtx 1080, which moved the temperature down from throttling (83) to 74. with a much higher boost clock.

Took the time to clean the case of dust and put an extra fan in, also changed to the cablemod cable kit, which took a bit of time to get right. What do you guys think of the setup? 

-snip-

That's either an Evolv X or a P600s... Hard to tell, but I'm leaning towards Evolv X based on the top panel (I can see side vents) 

New setup looks good! 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

Considering the strong folding core of this group the front 100 contribution race is going to be nuts, I'm thoroughly impressed by the lengths some people are willing to go to.

No idea what you mean *looks at cardboard fan mount on Foldatron* 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

SIDE?FANS?FOR?ALL?

I think mine is the best fan mount.

IMG_20190929_154618260.jpg

My GPUs looking at dem fans with the airflow like

Image result for the greatest donald trump meme

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

personally, i was just gonna cut a big as hole in the side panel of a cheap case, and then support it with foam board so it doesn't collapse on itself

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Just now, GrockleTD said:

personally, i was just gonna cut a big as hole in the side panel of a cheap case, and then support it with foam board so it doesn't collapse on itself

cardboard is cheaper...

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

15 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

Considering the strong folding core of this group the front 100 contribution race is going to be nuts, I'm thoroughly impressed by the lengths some people are willing to go to.

I know. Right now I am trying to pick up some additional cards on Craigslist just for that reason

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

cardboard is cheaper...

slightly messier though

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

My GPUs looking at dem fans with the airflow like

Don't ? talk ?if ? ya ? ain't ? packin ? 200mm?

(120mm is good, I just like the airflow to noise ratio of the bigger fans) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

paused folding for a second to do some research..

yea that's something else. 

image.png.56e64d43d2f5380926cdaa718b9bb42f.png

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Don't ? talk ?if ? ya ? ain't ? packin ? 200mm?

(120mm is good, I just like the airflow to noise ratio of the bigger fans) 

I have a modded H500p, dont need to tell me...

P.S. theyre 140s

I have an old desk an in the loft....

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

200mm

envy. 

I only got 2 92mm fans spinning at whopping 3600 rpm lol

wait wait it's going for take off

y'all need to stop spamming me notifs

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

2 minutes ago, BabaGanuche said:

I know. Right now I am trying to pick up some additional cards on Craigslist just for that reason

I once started by picking up an extra card for the original folding week.... 

I now pull 1.35kw folding 24/7...

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

First step of data integrity validation just complete, now time for @Gorgon to shine 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

First step of data integrity validation just complete, now time for @Gorgon to shine 

PS, lets not forget to thanks @Imbellis too! He's been a massive help to the process

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

17 minutes ago, sanya567xxx said:

LOL nice joke

(I am currently running out of space with my 1tb drive dedicated only to music, 250gb for system ssd backup, and a 3tb one filled with games, some movies (incl. lewd) and some archival software being kept online)... 

That's all? 1 500gb for OS (reasons), I have 2TB in dedicated game video storage (half used for game stuff other for misc, esp right now) 2 2tb drives for games one is full other is 1/3 full, 2 drives full of random junk including various videos, files, pictures (lots and lots and lots x9999??? of pictures),and some corrupt stuff too lazy to delete, and 3 more drives (the only WD green still kicking in me fleet ? (all greens technically work it's just all but this one like corrupting themselves), a 6tb, and the reformatting 8TB) for educational material (lewd free but not gore free, most is not all) the 6TB drive is full the 8TB was about 1/3 full but became corrupted and needed reformatting, thankfully I lost very little what was lost is recoverable, and the 2TB well it's basically full and needed to fill up most of the other drives as well to preserve the data from the 8TB. There's a reason why I have a dual Zeon sitting in a case awaiting for enough finances to happen to make it function 24/7 ?

Here's a little info on that poor old (it's old) green, it's in a $60 enclosure with dual cooling fans on 24/7, it is literally being pampered compared to the other drives ?

image.png.465def1205a15f8e1d8a691d0859e14c.png

image.png.33971784af06d0d3145bc6ac6597b0db.png

Real reason no one should buy a green or blue (over 1TB)

image.png.fd21a8181833bcd05366787dd7fb7672.png (that's 92,000 head parks)

vs a drive with just over 200 days on time more: 3317 head parks... (original Game drive), or better yet a WD Red with 400 more days on time (this drive was the same price on sale basically at the time of buying) with 5500 parks...

37 minutes ago, sanya567xxx said:

I'd really just not bother with the cpu. I have mine on idle when folding in the night, and when I'm awake I watch YT and stuff at double or even triple speed (can be done via inserting JS code into a bookmark, even works with netflix) and high resolution so it's getting quite some usage.

Figured as much hence why it's sitting in its case waiting for BOINC ? Or me getting enough money for either 15 10TB drives or 15 8TB drives ?

Note to self don't copy/paste smiley faces, weird shit happens...