LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

1 hour ago, LAR_Systems said:

I did 16 cores on a local threadripper, then I stopped because I could not take the heat.

Yep.  A full loaded TR is a heater.  :P I can't wait for the next Pent.  My room will be sauna level heat again.

Currently a tad toasty with a 1080Ti, 1070, 960, and using 10 threads on the 1900X.  Not doing the 1950X yet.  May get some more hardware up this weekend.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

image.png.f30ef1703d51113a12bdd2718be17ef2.png

With the new Zen 2 CPUs you can get quite a good chunk of PPD from them. My 3900x is almost doing 3x the 1050 right now.

Finally got my 2nd rig hooked into HFM.net on my main rig.  Also, good thing I checked the 2nd rig, the GPUs got stuck on download.

Hmmm, my 960 is liking the 14191 WU.  212K PPD at stock clocks.

Capture.JPG.71ec2ccd5b4bd83f6d2f0ce16ff19376.JPG

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

Gasp, my dreams of pushing the near to the 100 Team position have been foiled ?. After following @Gorgon excellent how to Linux folding rig everything was on track as points went from 3.8 Mil to 4.6!! YAY ,

I thought I was on to a winner.

Then my eldest child (18!)  spoke and asked the question "Dad, can we play COD Modern Warfare at some point as its out now", My reply of course let me update the drivers on this WINDOWS 2080TI machine I have running.. Updated from what was some 2.6Mil PPD to a cracking 1.6Mil.. Nvidia driver 440.97..  I might sob.. or just whip out another HDD to see what happens when I follow that guide.. ;)  Sorry Son! 

27 minutes ago, B_T_B said:

Gasp, my dreams of pushing the near to the 100 Team position have been foiled ?. After following @Gorgon excellent how to Linux folding rig everything was on track as points went from 3.8 Mil to 4.6!! YAY ,

I thought I was on to a winner.

Then my eldest child (18!)  spoke and asked the question "Dad, can we play COD Modern Warfare at some point as its out now", My reply of course let me update the drivers on this WINDOWS 2080TI machine I have running.. Updated from what was some 2.6Mil PPD to a cracking 1.6Mil.. Nvidia driver 440.97..  I might sob.. or just whip out another HDD to see what happens when I follow that guide.. ;)  Sorry Son! 

I feel for you.  I have COD just sitting there waiting along with a few other games, but I know they will tank my progress.  All of them are going on the back burner until the event is over.  Then, it will be time to finally update some drivers and play a bit.

9 minutes ago, JB25304 said:

I feel for you.  I have COD just sitting there waiting along with a few other games, but I know they will tank my progress.  All of them are going on the back burner until the event is over.  Then, it will be time to finally update some drivers and play a bit.

Even though I've deferred Windows Updates for 35 days at the start my Win 10 Daily Driver has started nagging me.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

Even though I've deferred Windows Updates for 35 days at the start my Win 10 Daily Driver has started nagging me.

I forgot to do that at the start.  One of my systems is nagging me for updates, but the other is happy.  I let one update when I did some upgrades on my cable modem, which took about 30 minutes, so I bought myself some time for now.  The other will just have to suck it up for bit longer!

23 minutes ago, JB25304 said:

Yeah, I failed ? its not as if I downloaded it before I updated  ?image.png.beca7cd8eacc5adfbac3c24eb15dea9a.png 

1 minute ago, B_T_B said:

Yeah, I failed ?

It has taken a lot of restraint on my part not to give in ?

Thankfully, I've had Legend of Zelda:  Link's Awakening to keep me occupied for awhile and various movies to distract me further.  You have kids which are a hard mountain to overcome though, so you have a great excuse.

30 minutes ago, JB25304 said:

I forgot to do that at the start.  One of my systems is nagging me for updates, but the other is happy.  I let one update when I did some upgrades on my cable modem, which took about 30 minutes, so I bought myself some time for now.  The other will just have to suck it up for bit longer!

Windows has finally given up on its daily notifications that I keep ignoring and now gives me full blown middle of the screen pop-up windows.  YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

10 hours ago, Arrogath said:

Gah... I shouldn’t have paused folding on my 8 core cpu to play The Outer Worlds... so close to back in the club 

I've been catching up on my some retro gaming while I fold.  Come November 5th though I'll be shutting it all down.  Red Dead Redemption 2 releases the same day the event ends.  Coincidence?  I think not.

5 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

Windows has finally given up on its daily notifications that I keep ignoring and now gives me full blown middle of the screen pop-up windows.  YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

If this came up every time I refused to update, I would probably wait to update until forced

Spoiler

Image result for gandalf windows you shall not pass

2 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

I've been catching up on my some retro gaming while I fold.  Come November 5th though I'll be shutting it all down.  Red Dead Redemption 2 releases the same day the event ends.  Coincidence?  I think not.

I'm am glad that the event doesn't overlap with Red Dead or else, I might have to take one of my rigs offline to play.

1 minute ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

I've been holding off playing anything

I've had control installed and not even played anything RTX on my 2070 super lol

I have Red Dead Pre ordered aswell 

once folding month is done, i'm going to take my PC off for maintenance 

hopefully will have the 1070ti running in my sons new PC im building.

I've even stopped playing CS:GO even though it only lost me around 300k PPD

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

Ive just realised do the UK members get an extra hour of folding?

We are changing from BST to GMT to an extra hour tonight

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

2 minutes ago, shaz2sxy said:

I've been holding off playing anything

I've had control installed and not even played anything RTX on my 2070 super lol

I thought Control didn't release until next year?  Did I miss something?

11 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

It came out a month or two ago.  It was a freebie if you bought an RTX card at one point.

9 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Nice.  I still need to download that game over on my Xbox One since it is on Game Pass.  How is the gameplay and story?  Keep hearing it is a mix of Fall Out, Borderlands, and Mass Effect.

I haven't played Borderlands, but that does sound like a fairly safe assessment. I've been laughing my butt off at all the corporate everything, paperwork this, company jingle that. Oh and overkill corpse explosion. I think there might be something wrong with me because I really love sniping people and watching them literally explode, then cackling like a madwoman at them while everyone else in their marauder camp are like 'what was that?'

As an example, one guy died at his desk and another lady found him and had to pay for his burial plot because she was the 'closest living relative' which in corporate speak means she was the closest living person relative to his location when he was found. Just as a small example.

10 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

i got it free with my 2070 super

came out end of August

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

2 minutes ago, JB25304 said:

It came out like 2 months ago.  It was a freebie if you bought an RTX card at one point.

Ahhh, was looking at Steam store.  I forgot about all of this Epic store nonsense.

Just now, Corrupt_Liberty said:

Ahhh, was looking at Steam store.  I forgot about all of this Epic store nonsense.

I should have mentioned that.  I did the same thing.  I was scouring Steam for awhile too, until I got the free code and had to go to the Epic store to get the game.

3 minutes ago, azmariadei said:

I haven't played Borderlands, but that does sound like a fairly safe assessment. I've been laughing my butt off at all the corporate everything, paperwork this, company jingle that. Oh and overkill corpse explosion. I think there might be something wrong with me because I really love sniping people and watching them literally explode, then cackling like a madwoman at them while everyone else in their marauder camp are like 'what was that?'

As an example, one guy died at his desk and another lady found him and had to pay for his burial plot because she was the 'closest living relative' which in corporate speak means she was the closest living person relative to his location when he was found. Just as a small example.

Reminds me of this older game I used to play called Rogue Trooper.  I had so much fun sniping at the tanks the bad guys were wearing.  They would panic and jump around as flames shot from the punctured tanks just before they exploded.  Put a smile on my face every time.  Ahh the joys of gratuitous violence.

1 hour ago, JB25304 said:

I got a free copy of COD but I've never been much on FPS games like that and after seeing the size of the download required I noped out of it fast. The Outer Worlds is one thing, but something a bit close to reality? Been there, done that, had the PTSD counseling from the VA.

3 hours ago, Arrogath said:

I'm running a 12 and an 8 core, don't think I'm clearing that many points but I did save 2 threads for feeding a gpu on one system and I'm not running my overclocks for room comfort. 700 to 800 watts of heat in this room is enough, it already gets comfortably warm

Cascade lake xeon processor rips through things 

3 hours ago, azmariadei said:

Nice.  Sounds like it be up my alley then.  In mean time, playing Slay the Spire, since I saw it on Game Pass and playing that on my Xbox One.  It is so addicting.  I will probably buy that game for my Switch.  Be perfect for on the go play and when I'm on travel orders.  

3 hours ago, azmariadei said:

I got a free copy of COD but I've never been much on FPS games like that and after seeing the size of the download required I noped out of it fast. The Outer Worlds is one thing, but something a bit close to reality? Been there, done that, had the PTSD counseling from the VA.

I'm kinda of the same way now.  Did my deployment downrange (next year deploying again).  It is something how experiencing such really changes one's viewpoint.