LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

15 minutes ago, TheMelonGod said:

Where do I see my points?

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/<Yourusername>

You can also look up points and history over at XOC. Just use the name search option on the left panel to search for your name. https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&amp;t=223518

16 minutes ago, TheMelonGod said:

Also it keeps freezing my computer any fixes?

If you're using CPU folding you can change the number of threads the CPU is allowed to use through the advanced control. What is your PC hardware that you're using?

1 hour ago, tg4life666 said:

The web client for me is looping and flashing like its reloading every three to four seconds. anyone else having this issue?

Looks like it is trying to refresh to try and connect and load the data from your client. Not entirely sure what is going on, maybe @GOTSpectrum knows a fix.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Advanced issues found

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:
2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Looks like it is trying to refresh to try and connect and load the data from your client. Not entirely sure what is going on, maybe @GOTSpectrum knows a fix.

Thanks, I just sent him a message with a list of games/programs/dlc codes that I have to donate Ill await and ask him then.

29 minutes ago, tg4life666 said:

Thanks, I just sent him a message with a list of games/programs/dlc codes that I have to donate Ill await and ask him then.

Had that issue. I opened in incognito in chrome and it worked.

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.

4 hours ago, Saksham said:

is 100k ppd normal for a gtx 1060 laptop gpu?

A GTX 1060 should get between 375 to 450kPPD depending on the WU. The mobile versions may have less Cuda cores and likely lower clock headroom to boost due to cooling. See if there are power management profiles that you can change such as from Balanced to Performance.

But the system will likely get pretty loud as the fans will have to run pretty fast to keep things cool.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

12 hours ago, Gerowen said:

Was just checking the log file for mine and I noticed this line.  Is this something that this work unit has specified, or is it some kind of configuration or software issue I can change?  It seems like for a while it was using all 6 cores, but now it's only using 4.

Reducing thread count from 5 to 4 to avoid domain decomposition by a prime number > 3

image.png.585ebacdaa5873130f608fb210861a86.png

You want to leave one core free for the OS typically but as I’m seeing htop output your not as limited here ? but I’m also seeing Plex so you will likely want to run 4 cores.

Theres this weird thing that happens folding on CPUs where certain Prime numbers of CPUs cause issues and that’s what your seeing here.

If you have an older GPU you can install in the system you’ll likely produce more points than the CPUs would on their own. A GTX 1050 will produce between 150 and 200kPPD.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

I joined the program! 

Not for the chance to cure cancer and help humanity bla bla.. 

I just wanna meet Denis! 

So i have seen from the comments above, that a 1060 would be normal to get over 100k ppd easily and should be getting 3 times that, so here's the thing. I'm sitting here, with my RX 580, Sapphire Nitro+, OC'd to 1460, which isn't much, and im getting around 80k with my CPU as well. Now i see the reason for this problem being two things: One, my card is AMD. Two, my port be PCI-E 2.0 . . . FX machine here.

5 hours ago, Spotty said:

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/<Yourusername>

You can also look up points and history over at XOC. Just use the name search option on the left panel to search for your name. https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&amp;t=223518

If you're using CPU folding you can change the number of threads the CPU is allowed to use through the advanced control. What is your PC hardware that you're using?

If you open the web control in edge it should work fine, but really the advanced control panel is much better. Just open the start menu and type in FAHcontrol.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

18 minutes ago, Veczen said:

So i have seen from the comments above, that a 1060 would be normal to get over 100k ppd easily and should be getting 3 times that, so here's the thing. I'm sitting here, with my RX 580, Sapphire Nitro+, OC'd to 1460, which isn't much, and im getting around 80k with my CPU as well. Now i see the reason for this problem being two things: One, my card is AMD. Two, my port be PCI-E 2.0 . . . FX machine here.

Have you set up a passkey for quick return bonuses?

Also try looking at EOC to see your real production rate as the client is currently borked

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Hello there, I just started folding as well and I was wondering if I can fold with 2 machines at the same time under the same name, and if so, should I use the same passkey, or how should I go about it? Figured I'd put the laptop to work as well, even if it is slower than the desktop, the only concern being heat (maybe I'll put a book under it so it pulls air easier).

23 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Have you set up a passkey for quick return bonuses?

Also try looking at EOC to see your real production rate as the client is currently borked

I already had my passkey, got it literally the same second i wrote my email in to the thing. As for the second part . . . i can't think of what EOC means.

7 minutes ago, McAztec said:

Hello there, I just started folding as well and I was wondering if I can fold with 2 machines at the same time under the same name, and if so, should I use the same passkey, or how should I go about it? Figured I'd put the laptop to work as well, even if it is slower than the desktop, the only concern being heat (maybe I'll put a book under it so it pulls air easier).

Yeah just use the same credentials

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Veczen said:

Ok so somehow, now it says my daily should be 350k . . . looking good

ah, 580 or something?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

ah, 580 or something?

Yes, exactly that

1 minute ago, Veczen said:

Yes, exactly that

then it's about what i expected from a 580, numbers go wild sometimes

like mine go from 100k to 800k ppd

Public service announcement

We have just surpassed 900 sign ups

That is all

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

been there since the start, see how far we've come!

Spoiler

it was too easy, okay

25 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Public service announcement

That is all

How do I confirm that I'm signed up

I have an account on folding at home I wanna make sure my LTT account on that google forum thingy is done

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.

Just now, IamJavik said:

How do I confirm that I'm signed up

I have an account on folding at home I wanna make sure my LTT account on that google forum thingy is done

I'll be posting the full list this evening.

I'm off to work now so replies will be slow/none existent 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240